Preseason offensive performance

Bronx

28 minutes ago, Biggs said:

That’s why we gave up the back 40 for Rodgers.

I am hopeful that having a pros- pro like Rodgers will bring a winning culture and mindset to this team. If Zach ever needs to come into the game, players understand that they need to step up and win their individual battles when the Defense loads the box to force Zach to make plays!

I would love to see us take early leads and have Zach finish out games in the 4th quarter and maybe keep Rodgers under that 60% threshold and keep our #1 pick! I’m sure Rodgers would love to screw the Packers GM one last time.

• More Ugh 1

I do want Zach to sling it downfield a bit more, but I'm accepting the process.  There's no brown stains on his pants at least.

Once we see Garett Wilson and Breece Hall running around out there I'm confident yards will be made.  It's just a matter of how they do in the red zone.  Need TDs.

46 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I am hopeful that having a pros- pro like Rodgers will bring a winning culture and mindset to this team. If Zach ever needs to come into the game, players understand that they need to step up and win their individual battles when the Defense loads the box to force Zach to make plays!

I would love to see us take early leads and have Zach finish out games in the 4th quarter and maybe keep Rodgers under that 60% threshold and keep our #1 pick! I’m sure Rodgers would love to screw the Packers GM one last time.

I never want to see Zach taking a snap in a Jets uniform. It annoys me even to watch him in preseason.  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I do want Zach to sling it downfield a bit more, but I'm accepting the process.  There's no brown stains on his pants at least.

Once we see Garett Wilson and Breece Hall running around out there I'm confident yards will be made.  It's just a matter of how they do in the red zone.  Need TDs.

I think that has more to do with Can't Hackett not wanting to show anything during preseason games.

38 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Todd Bowles loves his Tampa 2 which focuses on nothing over the top. The whole strategy is to keep everything in front of you. This is why you don't attack over the top and why Zach struggles because you need to take a very structured approach to beat it. 

It also allows offenses to move the ball downfield and tightens near the endzone. Hence why those procedural penalties (Not Zach's fault) crushed the drives that Zach had. 

An experienced QB can rip the Tampa 2 defense to shreds.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I never want to see Zach taking a snap in a Jets uniform. It annoys me even to watch him in preseason.  

This is sad. Even worse because I 100% feel the same way. The few snaps I watched looked the way they always have.  Be great if it could change but until it does I’ve honestly seen enough. 

• Upvote 3

i get its preseason and we are not starting our guys and Hackett doesnt want to show them anything but arnt we all in the same boat? i know KC has played Mahomes but i think most other teams have not played there starting QB.

maybe we have the worst backup QB in the league. well we do but... maybe we have the worst bench too. 

well the Giants game is the last dress rehearsal. we need to score some points.

5 minutes ago, doitny said:

i get its preseason and we are not starting our guys and Hackett doesnt want to show them anything but arnt we all in the same boat? i know KC has played Mahomes but i think most other teams have not played there starting QB.

maybe we have the worst backup QB in the league. well we do but... maybe we have the worst bench too. 

well the Giants game is the last dress rehearsal. we need to score some points.

We really don't though.  It means nothing.  Move the ball, get Rodgers comfortable.  Get Becton some more snaps/experience at RT.  Hopefully get our first look at our full, healthy starting OL - at least for a drive or two.  What we NEED is to stay healthy.  No last minute injuries before the real games start.

10 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

We really don't though.  It means nothing.  Move the ball, get Rodgers comfortable.  Get Becton some more snaps/experience at RT.  Hopefully get our first look at our full, healthy starting OL - at least for a drive or two.  What we NEED is to stay healthy.  No last minute injuries before the real games start.

everybody is trying to stay healthy. but what are they doing that were not to get ready for the season? 

if that list had the best teams on the bottom i wouldnt be worried. 

yeah the Bengals are on the list but they have the same OC, QB and system. we dont. so were just going to flip a switch and week 1 were going to be a top offense and everything will be fine? 

cant wait to week 1 to try stuff. cant afford a slow start with our tough schedule. 

What exactly is this based on?  Points per game?  Yards per game?  Some arbitrary PFF score?

The Jets future HOF quarterback hasn't played a single snap.  The starting skill position players have played less than a half of football combined in three games.  We have yet to see the projected starting OL out there.

Excuses, perhaps.  But certainly relevant context.

I'm actually expecting a slow start offensively for the Jets this season.  New system, lots of shuffling on the OL.  They will have some good moments, but likely some poor stretches as well.  It's going to take some time for the team to gel and get their timing right before we get to "well oiled machine" status.

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

everybody is trying to stay healthy. but what are they doing that were not to get ready for the season? 

if that list had the best teams on the bottom i wouldnt be worried. 

yeah the Bengals are on the list but they have the same OC, QB and system. we dont. so were just going to flip a switch and week 1 were going to be a top offense and everything will be fine? 

cant wait to week 1 to try stuff. cant afford a slow start with our tough schedule. 

I have no idea what this means.

As far as the other stuff, what do you think they've been doing this whole time in camp?  Our #1 offense has been going up against our #1 defense.  Every day.  There is no switch that needs to be flipped.  Again, this is 101.  I thought we all learned in like elementary school that preseason stats and W/L means nothing.

Preseason.  Means.  Nothing.  We were 3-0 last year, and scored 24 more points than KC in 3 games.  The year prior, the Rams...the eventual Super Bowl winners, with their NEW QB, were 0-3 with 34(!!!!) points scored(compared to our 49 points scored in 3 games this year, with our "putrid" offense).  2020 didn't even have any preseason games, yet it didn't stop Brady and his new team full of new players from winning a SB.  The Chiefs, the year before that, went 1-3 in the preseason on their way to winning the SB.

It all means nothing....like, actually nothing.  

5 hours ago, Larz said:

I also don’t expect the backups to play using preseason play calls during the regular season and don’t overreact to camp stats 

On another note, the defense gave up a total of 13 points in 2 games of football, and 7 of those points were initiated by a turnover, to put the Bucs in very good field position.  

I also think that the play calling was very predictable, constantly running on 1st down, and even on 2nd down, when the offense got 1 or 2 yards after the 1st down play.  And unfortunately, other than the Carolina game, I felt that Zach Wilson was not very good.  I'm not sure I really want him as the backup to Rodgers.  I think right this minute, I'm more comfortable with Boyle as the backup.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Alka said:

On another note, the defense gave up a total of 13 points in 2 games of football, and 7 of those points were initiated by a turnover, to put the Bucs in very good field position.  

I also think that the play calling was very predictable, constantly running on 1st down, and even on 2nd down, when the offense got 1 or 2 yards after the 1st down play.  And unfortunately, other than the Carolina game, I felt that Zach Wilson was not very good.  I'm not sure I really want him as the backup to Rodgers.  I think right this minute, I'm more comfortable with Boyle as the backup.

Yeah I also spend time thinking about the preseason play calling tendencies. Hack should self scout more. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Alka said:

The overall game plan has been centered around hiding Wilson. Why they’re doing that I don’t know. But it’s evident. It doesn’t help his teammates unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The overall game plan has been centered around hiding Wilson. Why they’re doing that I don’t know. But it’s evident. It doesn’t help his teammates unfortunately. 

So everyone is hiding the QB by calling screens? 

Why did JT call this the preseason of the screen? 

32 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I have no idea what this means.

As far as the other stuff, what do you think they've been doing this whole time in camp?  Our #1 offense has been going up against our #1 defense.  Every day.  There is no switch that needs to be flipped.  Again, this is 101.  I thought we all learned in like elementary school that preseason stats and W/L means nothing.

Preseason.  Means.  Nothing.  We were 3-0 last year, and scored 24 more points than KC in 3 games.  The year prior, the Rams...the eventual Super Bowl winners, with their NEW QB, were 0-3 with 34(!!!!) points scored(compared to our 49 points scored in 3 games this year, with our "putrid" offense).  2020 didn't even have any preseason games, yet it didn't stop Brady and his new team full of new players from winning a SB.  The Chiefs, the year before that, went 1-3 in the preseason on their way to winning the SB.

It all means nothing....like, actually nothing.  

what that means is for a team who is a serious SB contender we are 2nd to last in points scored. the other SB contenders are not .

preseason wins means nothing, but can we score some points? get a TD or 2.

KC started Mahomes this last week. Purdy played. Russ Wilson, Jimmy G.... 

every team in our division started their starters this past week. there gearing up for the season.  us? were behind. Saleh is only starting Rodgers this week cause he sees everyone else is doing it. 

and dont give me the 40 yr old stuff, Brady played last year at 44 in the final preseason game.

HOF HCs Ried and Belichick are starting there QBs in preseason. Payton too. maybe football 101 is changing.