Jump to content

Rank The QBs In The AFC East


Recommended Posts

Just now, FTL Jet Fan said:

Well his past speaks for itself compared to Tua especially.  

One of them is playing at age 40, one isn't.  That sorta answers your "past" concern.

Tua's biggest issue is his health.  Good as he is, he can't stay on the field.  If he could, he'd be up there with Allen, based on how he plays when healthy.

I always find it interesting how our fanbase has the outright blind spots on rival players.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Having a conversation around here that doesn't align with the prevailing thought just isn't worth trying.

The idea that Tua will have a better season than 40 year old Rodgers is by no means an outrageous one.  Yet, on JN people make ridiculous comments like the one above rather than have a legitimate discussion.

Good for you I guess.

I was just using your criteria and if Tua survives this season, I will be very happy.  I really don’t want to see an on field casualty. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

One of them is playing at age 40, one isn't.  That sorta answers your "past" concern.

Tua's biggest issue is his health.  Good as he is, he can't stay on the field.  If he could, he'd be up there with Allen, based on how he plays when healthy.

I always find it interesting how our fanbase has the outright blind spots on rival players.  

 How can you possibly come to any conclusion on this until the season is over? Given your logic. Allen in the conversation no doubt, but a QB who has had accuracy issues most of his career until he was in a different system with Hill and Waddle throwing mostly passes under 20 yards and letting his WR do the rest. Saying a person has a blind spot on rival players is just an ignorant statement. I always give credit where credit is due. Judgment without knowledge is ignorance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

 How can you possibly come to any conclusion on this until the season is over?

I didn't. 

Thread asked us to rank the QB's, and I did, with caveats for both Rodgers and Tua.

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Given your logic. Allen in the conversation no doubt, but a QB who has had accuracy issues most of his career until he was in a different system with Hill and Waddle throwing mostly passes under 20 yards and letting his WR do the rest. Saying a person has a blind spot on rival players is just an ignorant statement. I always give credit where credit is due. Judgment without knowledge is ignorance.

Career comp. %'s of 64.1, 67.8 and 64.8 doesn't strike me as "accuracy issues", but then again this is the same forum who loudly claimed Zach Wilson had "elite accuracy" while barely scraping 50%.  I also didn;t say a "person" had a blindspot, I said our Fansbase often has blindspots.  Words and their definitions matter Mr. "ignorant statement".

Regardless, Tua has a career QB rating of 95.0, and was at 105.5 last year.  That's not the kind of thing a bad QB with "accuracy issues" puts up.  If you want to give 100% of the credit to Hill and Waddle, ok. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Completely untrue.

I like this Jet team a lot, I like Rodgers a lot.

I would say G. Wilson will be better than Hill this year.

I would surely take Sauce over Xavier Howard.  I believe this Jet team to be noticeably better all around than the Dolphins.  

But I watch the NFL and watched Tua play last year - when healthy he was impressive, I would expect him to continue to get better.  While I don't suspect a 40 year old Rodgers to substantially outperform his younger self.  This shouldn't exactly be some type of outrageous statement.

To be clear, I think Rodgers will still be a very good QB, capable of carrying a very talented Jet roster.

You’re probably going to catch grief for this post, but everything you said here is true.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

If he could, he'd be up there with Allen, based on how he plays when healthy.

I always find it interesting how our fanbase has the outright blind spots on rival players.

Allen sucks, too. 😜

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, THE BARON said:

1. Rodgers

2. Tua - YES... If healthy, better than Allen who is going to show his limitations as a passer without Dabol desigming and calling plays for his strengths. 

3. Allen - I predict a regression.

4. Jones.  Is what we knew he was draft day.  High floor, low ceiling. He already hit his ceiling.  Little more now than a system cog at best. 

Allen already played last year without Daboll. Now, a regression due to being the Madden cover might be a different story...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll have to look it up, but Robert Mays (The Athletic) has a great stat showing that although Tua started hot, his last five starts were not great as far as the advanced metrics go. 7 TDs, 5 INTs, sacked 14 times, fumbled four other times. That OL is bad-bad and the supposition is that the offense is a house of cards that started to show cracks. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's quite serious.  They had some similar overall numbers last season.

Tua is a rising star that has gotten better YoY since he joined the league.  Rodgers has had one of the best careers in NFL history but he showed serious decline last year and will be turning 40 in Dec.  If Tua stays healthy I expect his numbers to be better than Rodgers.

I don't believe a head to head match up from last year has any relevance whatsoever.

 

 

Seriously? Rogers "down" season last year was due to an injury.

Rodgers was MVP in 2020 and 2021, he suffered an avulsion fracture to his throwing hand in week 5 of 2023. His team was 3-1 before the injury to his thumb. The injury made it difficult to grip the ball. He opted to play through the injury and his season reflects the effects of the injury. He is healed and based on his history and the fact that his "down" season (which I think would be top 5 for a Jet QB) was due to an injury that is not chronic, I put Rodgers at #1, lightyears ahead of (I see) Tua (you).

Rodgers

Allen

Tua

Zappe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Seriously? Rogers "down" season last year was due to an injury.

Rodgers was MVP in 2020 and 2021, he suffered an avulsion fracture to his throwing hand in week 5 of 2023. His team was 3-1 before the injury to his thumb. The injury made it difficult to grip the ball. He opted to play through the injury and his season reflects the effects of the injury. He is healed and based on his history and the fact that his "down" season (which I think would be top 5 for a Jet QB) was due to an injury that is not chronic, I put Rodgers at #1, lightyears ahead of (I see) Tua (you).

Rodgers

Allen

Tua

Zappe

This idea that his down year was due to a sore thumb rather than being 39 years old is still something I'll have to see to believe.

I believe it's far more likely he just got old.  I certainly hope you're right and he plays at an MVP level.  This is a legit Super Bowl contender, 13 win team with that Rodgers.

Right now I'm working under the assumption that last years Rodgers will be this years Rodgers except a year older (albeit with a better roster) but still, in that case - I expect Tua to have a better year.

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This idea that his down year was due to a sore thumb rather than being 39 years old is still something I'll have to see to believe.

I believe it's far more likely he just got old.  I certainly hope you're right and he plays at an MVP level.  This is a legit Super Bowl contender, 13 win team with that Rodgers.

Right now I'm working under the assumption that last years Rodgers will be this years Rodgers except a year older (albeit with a better roster) but still, in that case - I expect Tua to have a better year.

Sore!? WTF!? I feel like you are trolling me by being intentionally obtuse? I know from past posts you are a smart guy. 

It was an avulsion fracture to his right thumb. An avulsion fracture is when a piece of bone attached to a ligament or tendon breaks away from the main part of the bone. It is an injury that makes it painful to grip anything. It can heal in 6 weeks with rest, but you can't expect it to heal if you keep playing like Rodgers did. If I remember right Rodgers was either throwing very little or not at all in practice and then playing games.

So, you expect the chronically concussed undersized Tua to have a better year, but the two time MVP coming of a season he played with a fractured thumb (now healed) to play like he did last year? That is some crazy logic man.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Sore!? WTF!? I feel like you are trolling me by being intentionally obtuse? I know from past posts you are a smart guy. 

It was an avulsion fracture to his right thumb. An avulsion fracture is when a piece of bone attached to a ligament or tendon breaks away from the main part of the bone. It is an injury that makes it painful to grip anything. It can heal in 6 weeks with rest, but you can't expect it to heal if you keep playing like Rodgers did. If I remember right Rodgers was either throwing very little or not at all in practice and then playing games.

So, you expect the chronically concussed undersized Tua to have a better year, but the two time MVP coming of a season he played with a fractured thumb (now healed) to play like he did last year? That is some crazy logic man.

We'll see.  I hope you're right and it was the thumb and not the age wall.   

Tua certainly is a serious candidate to get injured - but I am basing my projection on both being healthy for 17 games.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Warfish said:

I didn't. 

Thread asked us to rank the QB's, and I did, with caveats for both Rodgers and Tua.

Career comp. %'s of 64.1, 67.8 and 64.8 doesn't strike me as "accuracy issues", but then again this is the same forum who loudly claimed Zach Wilson had "elite accuracy" while barely scraping 50%.  I also didn;t say a "person" had a blindspot, I said our Fansbase often has blindspots.  Words and their definitions matter Mr. "ignorant statement".

Regardless, Tua has a career QB rating of 95.0, and was at 105.5 last year.  That's not the kind of thing a bad QB with "accuracy issues" puts up.  If you want to give 100% of the credit to Hill and Waddle, ok. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

How can you even compare the career and accomplishments of AR to TUA’s accomplishments,  time played,  football knowledge,  that’s what it comes down to, who would prefer under center for the NYJ TUA or AR. Tua folds under pressure and in the big light for the most part.  Under pressure who are you taking? Stats only get you so far,  AR has superior mental fortitude more than TUA ever will. That’s what counts. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...