I wish we played you guys

Our defense is still the best part of our team.  Last year, we held your team to 10 points with Aaron Rodgers.  Do you think you would do that much better with Love?  Our defense has arguably gotten better than last year, at least on paper.  And we did beat you in your home stadium, right?

I honestly don't think our offense would have to do much to beat you guys again this year.  

Like you said, I wish we played you guys this year.  We need a few easy wins.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alka said:

What kind of fan are you anyway?  We beat you in Green Bay last year.  Don't you remember Sauce putting on the cheesehead last year?

We hardly ever lose in Lambeau. Yes I looked it up and it was at home. I do remember now that I thought for sure we would win seeing we played you guys at home. I was stunned we lost.

7 minutes ago, Alka said:

Our defense is still the best part of our team.  Last year, we held your team to 10 points with Aaron Rodgers.  Do you think you would do that much better with Love?  Our defense has arguably gotten better than last year, at least on paper.  And we did beat you in your home stadium, right?

I honestly don't think our offense would have to do much to beat you guys again this year.  

Yes I remember Sauce putting on the cheesehead. That loss hurt now that I think about it. It always stings worse to lose at Lambeau.

1 minute ago, Packers12 said:

I meant on even having a .500 season?

I don't think your division is strong this year.  The Vikings fell apart in the playoffs, and I need to see the Lions have another solid season before I really believe in them.  I could see the Packers maybe going 3-3 in the division this year.  Outside the division, maybe go 5-6?

That would be an 8-9 season, and it would be a nice start to Love's career.  I think next season you could build off of this season, and Love would be in a better position to win, and maybe even make the playoffs.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alka said:

I don't think your division is strong this year.  The Vikings fell apart in the playoffs, and I need to see the Lions have another solid season before I really believe in them.  I could see the Packers maybe going 3-3 in the division this year.  Outside the division, maybe go 5-6?

That would be an 8-9 season, and it would be a nice start to Love's career.  I think next season you could build off of this season, and Love would be in a better position to win, and maybe even make the playoffs.  

Heck we went 8-9 with Rodgers last year. I’m not sure I’m feeling the Love yet lol.

21 minutes ago, Alka said:

I do agree that you guys would probably kick our butts this year bad.

1 minute ago, Packers12 said:

Heck we went 8-9 with Rodgers last year. I’m not sure I’m feeling the Love yet lol.

So, you went 8-9 with a hall of fame QB, and now, you might go 8-9 with what really is a rookie QB.  What's wrong with that?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

Correction. Beat you at Lambeau.

I think we declined a bye week after playing the Giants in London and chose to play you guys. Like I said losing in Lambeau always hurts. Didn’t you guys beat us in our home in a season opener one time back in the late 90s with Farve when you were also huge underdogs?

1 hour ago, Packers12 said:

This upcoming season just to see how Love would do against Rodgers or how we would matchup. You guys did beat us in The Meadowlands last year so it would probably be worse this year. You guys must be excited?

Love and Rodgers both play offense.  They don't play "against" each other.  

Yes, we're excited, but many are also apprehensive.  Weak O-line, old QB coming off an injury, could be a bad combo.  But it should be a big improvement from Wilson in almost any outcome.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Packers12 said:

This upcoming season just to see how Love would do against Rodgers or how we would matchup. You guys did beat us in The Meadowlands last year so it would probably be worse this year. You guys must be excited?

Well heck, all you've gotta do is make the Super Bowl... :)

3 hours ago, Packers12 said:

We beat you at Lambeau last year

4 hours ago, MaybeOneDay said:

Certainly not with that attitude!  Chin up, buckee.  You guys have been spoiled for a long long time, always in it with Favre and Rogers.   Try being a Jets fan for awhile :)

You guys have won a SB title though. Your not a bad franchise.

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, k-met57 said:

i am just pointing out that we already won with Zach Wilson, so it has nothing to do with "easier". No shade.

You guys nearly beat us one year when we were the best team in football or one of the top teams I should say in our house. We came back and won 31-24 but we were very fortunate.