D. Brown To Be Activated Tomorrow

Whoa whoa whoa......suddenly we have an awesome oline?.....'Barring injury'

AVT gets hurt often, Brown is 38, Becton is not going to last the year, McGovern is okay, at least he usually stays healthy, Thomlinson coming off a terrible year.

We are FAR better off than the Turner Mitchell duo but history is not on our side that even 3 of 5 will be healthy the whole year.

Whoa camel whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa

16 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Brown, Laken, McGovern should be ‘good’.  Middle of the pack seems about right.  Throw out last year.  The almighty Zeus would have been graded poorly given the circumstances (QB, injuries, coaching).  For context, Brown and Laken were Pro Bowlers the year before.  Not expecting that either ..  age, other factors.  

AVT & Becton, IF healthy, can be downright scary.  The right side a true strategic weapon that other teams will need to game plan against.  It all starts with the run, which will open up the pass .. especially on first and second down if the Jets are smart.  Minimize true pass sets (eg 3rd and long) and keep the Defense guessing throughout.

Want to **** with teams more, line up Ruckert on that side.  AVT, Becton, Ruckert with Lazard on the crackback block.

For this team to succeed I don’t think they need to be better than okay. And I think they can sustain an injury or two outside of AVT and still be okay, or at least not an outright liability. But you are right, Becton is the guy that can push this group over the top. It’s still hard for me to fully commit to that possibility mentally given the past two years, but his ability to move people in the run game is exceptionally rare. If the OL is actually a strength… well, here’s hoping.

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Whoa whoa whoa......suddenly we have an awesome oline?.....'Barring injury'

AVT gets hurt often, Brown is 38, Becton is not going to last the year, McGovern is okay, at least he usually stays healthy, Thomlinson coming off a terrible year.

We are FAR better off than the Turner Mitchell duo but history is not on our side that even 3 of 5 will be healthy the whole year.

Whoa camel whoaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I realize this may induce a minor stroke but I would argue that you're under rating the depth of our o-line. Sure, if we have a massive rash of injuries like we did last year we're in trouble. The same is true for any team in the league and having that many injuries is an outlier, not the norm.

• If we just lose D. Brown, Becton slides to LT and Turner to RT. Becton can be a dominant LT as he was for parts of his rookie season. Turner was the RT for the Packers when Rodgers won his last 2 MVP's.
  • If we just lose Becton, Turner goes to RT. Turner was the RT for the Packers when Rodgers won his last 2 MVP's.
  • If we lose either guard, Tippman slides into C and McG to G where he's a better player than he is at C anyway. 
  • If we lose McG, C Tippman slides in to C.
  • If we lose both Brown and Becton that's not good but you still have the option to slide AVT out to tackle and then McG to the missing G spot.

I know the reports were the line getting abused in practice but that was like all the backup guys in and many of them playing out of position. Of course that's going to look like a mess. 

The starting o-line is strong and we have solid depth. If the dooms day scenario you dream of happens, it happens. There's simply no way to prepare for it and it would kill any NFL team.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I realize this may induce a minor stroke but I would argue that you're under rating the depth of our o-line. Sure, if we have a massive rash of injuries like we did last year we're in trouble. The same is true for any team in the league and having that many injuries is an outlier, not the norm.

• If we just lose D. Brown, Becton slides to LT and Turner to RT. Becton can be a dominant LT as he was for parts of his rookie season. Turner was the RT for the Packers when Rodgers won his last 2 MVP's.
  • If we just lose Becton, Turner goes to RT. Turner was the RT for the Packers when Rodgers won his last 2 MVP's.
  • If we lose either guard, Tippman slides into C and McG to G where he's a better player than he is at C anyway. 
  • If we lose McG, C Tippman slides in to C.
  • If we lose both Brown and Becton that's not good but you still have the option to slide AVT out to tackle and then McG to the missing G spot.

I know the reports were the line getting abused in practice but that was like all the backup guys in and many of them playing out of position. Of course that's going to look like a mess. 

The starting o-line is strong and we have solid depth. If the dooms day scenario you dream of happens, it happens. There's simply no way to prepare for it and it would kill any NFL team.

We have quantity and far better depth than what we have had but if injuries happen and Turner and mitchell are out ots there is trouble.

We shall see just how close Becton is to being the guy we hopped when he faces really good players

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We have quantity and far better depth than what we have had but if injuries happen and Turner and mitchell are out ots there is trouble.

We shall see just how close Becton is to being the guy we hopped when he faces really good players

Yea if we lose our top 3 tackles we'll be in trouble. Show me the NFL team that isn't true for.