Survivors, Contenders, Competitors, Commanders

58 minutes ago, Larz said:

Denzel Mims, survivor 

We’ll actually lol

I'm sorry, but Saleh forgot to mention the fifth category, "the vanquished".

This is the category that Denzel Mims fits into.  The vanquished is someone who has the skills to be good, but isn't even good enough to survive.  the only reason that they survive at first, is that when the team makes a huge mistake and drafts someone in the 2nd round, they need to save face, and carry that person until they can be vanquished.  Then, that vanquished person gets vanquished from the next team they join, since that second team never make the mistake of drafting this player in the first place.

Again, I apologize for Saleh's mistake.  Perhaps we can send him a note to include this category in the future.

• Post of the Week 1

Mine:

- Furniture (not much different than the survivor, typically toxic, and just sorta there)

- Climbers (produce little to no value, but masterful at self-promotion and stepping on/over other)

- Lynchpins (show up everyday to get better, sponges, learners, curious, and make it all work)

- Champions (lynchpins that compel and move everyone together, aka leaders)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cringe eyerolling corpospeak that should remain relegated to plumbing sales convention speeches.

Wow, I'm surprised.  I think it's a great way to categorize players and give them a wake up call on where they might stand.  I think it's a good motivator for players to self  scout.  No downside as far as I can see.          

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Cringe eyerolling corpospeak that should remain relegated to plumbing sales convention speeches.

Saleh comes up with the most off the wall aphorisms. Where’d he get that eagle/crow story? Probably while his kids were watching Nickelodeon. Ohhh I’m gonna use that in Hard Knocks. Now if he instead said, Rodgers will make a QB out of Zack one way or another. And if that don’t work we’ll get this big azz eagle to grab Zach and fly him all the way up in the sky and drop him. And that’s fair warning to all of you! Except Becton. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Hughes heard about this approach to team-building from Saleh over a year ago. Glad we got a glimpse on HK of how he and JD have been thinking about the culture here and what kind of players they want. From Hughes…

IMG_6928.thumb.jpeg.80a1bb4d2caf7908e202c1c9762d6fc3.jpeg

Saleh needs to ask Belicheat for permission to let this guy give us a pep talk.