A realistic trade - Donovan Peoples Jones

7 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Not a bad suggestion. Not sure Cleveland would be open to move him. Also, I wouldn't want to give up anything significant for him, wonder if a 5th would do...

I have no clue if Clev wants to trade him.  Just thinking if they want to get tillman on the field, then maybe they would listen.  

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Peoples Jones is in the last year of his deal.  Clev has Cooper, Moore and a rookie stud in Tillman who needs to get on the field.

Peoples Jones had over 800 yards receiving last year.  Would be a realistic trade.

A solid outside receiver to replace CD.

He basically is Corey Davis with out the 1000 yard possibility. Id like the move if it could be like he get cut and we claim him

4 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

He basically is Corey Davis with out the 1000 yard possibility. Id like the move if it could be like he get cut and we claim him

This is a silly statement. The two receivers are very different in what they bring to the football field. Jones adds to specials but isn’t a great blocker like Davis. Davis adds size but Jones has the better down field speed. It’s also silly to assume that Jones is incapable of a 1000 yard season. He’s still a young receiver. 

And Jones is not getting cut.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Peoples Jones is in the last year of his deal.  Clev has Cooper, Moore and a rookie stud in Tillman who needs to get on the field.

Peoples Jones had over 800 yards receiving last year.  Would be a realistic trade.

I'd rather take a guy like Landry or Watkins. Both are FA. The questions on them is health but at sone point they should be able to play. Can't  be more injury prone than Davis. 

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Forgot that Clev has David Bell, a former 3rd round pick.  Maybe they want to get him on the field as well.

Clev could be the team to keep and eye on for a receiver w/o having to give away the farm.

Bell saw plenty of the feild last year and couldn't earn a target to sa e his life. Slow and awful. Cleveland is happy they don't have to play him again. 

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why trade for DPJ when the Jets are getting Devante Adams? 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

I'd welcome him for the right price. Just don't see us trading more picks. Likely just grabbing a name after cuts. Likely someone who has ST value maybe that can take Gipson's roster spot.

That's something I think that's not being talked about. That Hardman as the 4th guy could have been used on ST instead of Gipson. Now that Hardman is #3, we really cant use a starter on ST. So I think if we bring in a body, it's a guy that can be a returner for us as well as a 5th-6th WR.

Renfrow is probably the most realistic target for a trade. Obviously depending on health. 

This would firmly solidify Lazard as the #1 ‘X’ option across from Wilson and give Rodgers a reliable veteran slot receiver with borderline elite route running ability. Due to the ideal fit it would be an upgrade over what the Jets had with Davis and make for a really nice trio with Conklin at TE and Hall in the backfield. 

This would make Hardman #4 and Cobb #5 with one of Gipson or Brownlee as #6 (if they end up carrying that many). 

The salary is not awful for Renfrow. It’s a lot, but not awful for a guy who can produce like Renfrow and for a team going ‘all in’. I think he has a 13mil cap hit? But worth double checking. He has two yrs remaining on his deal (with void yrs), which works out well if he has a good season, gains chemistry with Rodgers and stays healthy. And the Raiders are in WR cap hell, so moving him does not seem that unrealistic. 

Again, I think its more likely that JD stands pat or signs a JAG FA for depth. But if a trade were to happen, this is one of the guys I would keep an eye on. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Barton said:

Jets have to do something. Current receiver /tight end group is bottom tier in the nfl. 

lol the hyperbole.  Garrett alone is enough to keep us out of the bottom tier.  Our #2 had almost 800 yards last year.  Also I'm admittedly not the biggest Conklin fan but I keep reading about how he's the best TE we've had since Keller.  Add in Uzomah and Ruckert and it's a pretty solid unit overall.

If this group is bottom tier, I cringe at the thought of how bad our WR/TE groups have been pre-GW.  Back when Enunwa was our top WR, or Chosen Anderson.  Or how about back in 2020 with a WR trio of Crowder, Mims, and Perriman with Herndon as our #1 TE.  If we're bottom tier now, that must have been the worst unit of all time.  

New England, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Houston, Indy, Washington, Giants, Detroit, Chicago, Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona.  That's 16 teams I would take our WR/TE group over.  Then there's like 5 or 6 teams that could go either way, like Baltimore(Andrews and a bunch of question-marks), Seattle(I'd give Garrett the edge over Metcalf, but I'm assuming JSN will be a better WR from day 1 than Lazard.  Time will tell on that one), and a couple others.  At worst we are middle of the pack.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

why would cleveland trade DPJ???

the jets have wilson, lazard, hardman and cobb, yet desperately need to trade for another WR (your hypothesis, not mine).  yet cleveland, who has cooper, moore and a rookie who has yet to take a regular season snap, has sufficient depth to trade away a young, cheap WR like DPJ???

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

why would cleveland trade DPJ???

the jets have wilson, lazard, hardman and cobb, yet desperately need to trade for another WR (your hypothesis, not mine).  yet cleveland, who has cooper, moore and a rookie who has yet to take a regular season snap, has sufficient depth to trade away a young, cheap WR like DPJ???

Rookie who has dominated in camp and needs to get on the field.  2 receivers better then him in moore and cooper.  2 third round picks in bell and schwartz they might want to get on the field too.

Get something for him now as opposed to losing him for nothing after the season.

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rookie who has dominated in camp and needs to get on the field.  2 receivers better then him in moore and cooper.  2 third round picks in bell and schwartz they might want to get on the field too.

Get something for him now as opposed to losing him for nothing after the season.

of course, they can sign him in the off-season or receive a comp pick if he leaves.

he's significantly better than bell or schwartz.  he may even be better than moore.  

just don't understand why a team would get rid of a good, young WR when they are trying to support the QB they made a huge investment in. 

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

When was the last time Corey Davis played a full season? Both made similar  contributions to Davis as part time players. 

my point wasn't for davis vs those players, it was DPJ vs those players you said you'd rather have.

i'd rather have the younger, more productive guy.  i'm not sold on the WR room being good without CD here, i think he was going to be a big part of the offense.

33 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

of course, they can sign him in the off-season or receive a comp pick if he leaves.

he's significantly better than bell or schwartz.  he may even be better than moore.  

just don't understand why a team would get rid of a good, young WR when they are trying to support the QB they made a huge investment in. 

I just gave you 4 reason in the post you quoted.