College players salary have surpassed NFL's rookie contracts

Bronx

I don’t think that’s entirely accurate since the top players drafted get signing bonuses and guaranteed contracts.  But I think this eventually fizzle out. Can you imagine being a top college qb pulling down a ton of this money while the oline is making peanuts? Just what happens when one or more of those oline men decide to play matador pass protection?  Seems like the longevity of the qb position could be in doubt.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That’s not correct — Burrows base isn’t analogous to what he was making vs his signing bonus.

Not to mention Arch Manning and Caleb Williams are at the absolute top, top end of the NIL scale.

Trust me, the guys who are good enough to go pro are gonna go pro.

Agreed.  First round graded guys are leaving school.  It's the day 2 and lower quarterbacks that will stay in school for the NiL. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Agreed.  First round graded guys are leaving school.  It's the day 2 and lower quarterbacks that will stay in school for the NiL. 

Eh, I think Day 2 guys are likely coming out — unless they think they can be a Day 1 guy by improving their stock. That’s what someone like Sam Hartman went to Notre Dame.