I'm Still Not Sold On Zach Wilson

40 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

It’s not a kool aid approach(even tho he usually is). 
We’re all aware we have not been able to draft a QB. That’s why we have Rodgers. That’s why we’re excited. They recocognized it and did something about it. 
But you wanna think about 4 years from now? Lol. Alright. 

All good and successful businesses think that far out.  

It is a trait of successful people and businesses.

We are all thrilled AR is here….  You dont cure cancer with a 2 year patch.  

• Upvote 2

We finnaly have a franchise QB and what do fans want to talk about? the backup QB. SOJ. I get this debate last year when  we had a. buffoon as an OC who tried to change the QB to fit the scheme and all of the QBs looked like hot garbage. But lets go over this anyway.

1. While he may not be (or may never be - certainly for Jet fans) the guy, he is progressing. And while he may not be moving forward fast enough for many fans - he is moving forward; more the point - he is not regressing and doesn't look lost out there.

2. He is probably one of the better #2 QBs in the league right now (top half) certainly in arm strength and experience. And, oh yeah, we have Aaron friggin Rodgers as our QB. Pretty much any team looses there #1 for extended period of time the season is lost; so who cares who the #2 is.

3. Boyle stood tall and threw the ball. Yep. Of Course it was in the 4th quarter of the last preseason game. It was more like college ball; OL had the advantage over DL and the WR had a huge advantage over the DBs. He saw very little pressure and he was throwing the ball to WRs with 10+ yards of separation; often had multiple choices. Do anyone remember 'the clown' - best 4th quarter preseason game WR every. Never made a dent in the regular season. Or Streveler last year, could do much in a regular seasons game. I also have to point out the ZW stood tall and was throwing darts into much tighter coverage. There was almost no window and the balls were hitting the WR in the hands and they were dropping them. And yes, it is harder for a WR to catch a ball when in tight coverage, but still, ZW did what he could - the WR have to make the catches.

4. Did I mention he is the #2 QB and Aaron Rodgers is starting?

5. There are reasons to keep him OTHER than we drafted him - like his contract. He contract is fully guaranteed for this year and next. Cutting him would be a huge cap hit for nothing. Even if we can find someone to trade a 7th in 4 years for him, we would have to eat the last 2 years of his signing bonus. If he was a complete regressing loser with a bad attitude you have to think about holding him yet another year. It isn't 'protecting' the pick - it is smart cap management. Why eat the cost of cutting him only to have to sign a real vet and take another cap hit?

6. Yep - he had a really bad throw. it was terrible. Even if the WR ran the wrong route (not saying it was) - it was a terrible throw. You know what, AR missed a wide open receiver in his first series (I think it was the first series and maybe a TE). Should we release him as being too inconsistent?

Fortunately, you don't need to be sold on ZW. Let's hope AR stays healthy and we have some amazing years with an overpaid #2 QB on the bench. We can worry about ZW when AR retires or it is time to re-sign ZW.

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

All good and successful businesses think that far out.  

It is a trait of successful people and businesses.

We are all thrilled AR is here….  You dont cure cancer with a 2 year patch.  

Good thing the Jets don't need to cure cancer. You don't drop 70 million and trade away a ton of picks to worry about your #2 QB. The most important thing right now is toe surround AR with the OL and weapons he needs to be effective and to build a D that can help us win games. Pretty sure the #2 QB isn't a top priority. Winning now with AR is the priority. JD is on his 5th year of a 6th year deal - he and Woody are worried about this year and next - NOT who will be running the show in 3 years. We have a 2 year window for the SB title - cancer, let the experts worry about that.

Besides with ZW's contract he isn't cuttable (or even tradable) right now anyway.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

* Bailey Zappe (NE)

* Mike White (MIA)

LOL - the writers up here are begging the Pats to ship Zappa out - he has been an embarrassment this preseason. Mike 'he is like an egg out there' White - LOL - Jets let him walk.

I imagine you were one of the Jet Fans bashing the Darnold selection and begging the Jets to ship him out of town (like all Jet QBs).

Looking at ratings not so much, but numbers don't matter when they go against the common SOJ thinking I guess.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

LOL - the writers up here are begging the Pats to ship Zappa out - he has been an embarrassment this preseason. Mike 'he is like an egg out there' White - LOL - Jets let him walk.

I imagine you were one of the Jet Fans bashing the Darnold selection and begging the Jets to ship him out of town (like all Jet QBs).

Looking at ratings not so much, but numbers don't matter when they go against the common SOJ thinking I guess.

Mike White outperformed Zach Wilson in the exact same circumstances.  If that doesn’t definitively prove he’s better what does? 

Meanwhile:  Now do the other 18 guys I listed, seeing as he only asked for 16.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

As opposed to the rest of us, who love the guy

I saw this thread, and was like damn there are a lot of pages here. Not sure I have it in me to read the whole thing. Post 2. \ thread over

Great job!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Mike White outperformed Zach Wilson in the exact same circumstances.

If that doesn’t definitively prove he’s better what does? 

The sky is Red all of the time - how can you not see that?

See, I can make wild a$$ statements too...

Mike White was a one-hit wonder who had a great game and then once every team realized they only had to stack the box and put pressure on him, he was not affective. He had chance after chance of taking the #1 spot and couldn't, but yeah, outperformed .... 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Mike White was a one-hit wonder who had a great game and then once every team realized they only had to stack the box and put pressure on him, he was not affective. He had chance after chance of taking the #1 spot and couldn't, but yeah, outperformed .... 

mike white averaged 298 ypg 

ZW averaged 187 

MW also had a higher completion percentage. So. Yea. He definitely outperformed him. But don’t let stats get in the way of a bad opinion. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Mike White was a one-hit wonder who had a great game and then once every team realized they only had to stack the box and put pressure on him, he was not affective.

one-hint wonder > no-hit blunder 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gladly.  Here’s 20, to start with:

* Jameis Winston (NO)

* Gardner Minshew (IND)

* Jacoby Brissett (WSH)

* Andy Dalton (CAR)

* Tyrod Taylor (NYG)

* Mitch Trubisky (PIT)

* Davis Mills & Case Keenum (HOU)

* Teddy Bridgewater (DET)

* Tyler Huntley & Josh Johnson (BAL)

* Cooper Rush & Will Grier (DAL)

* Bailey Zappe (NE)

* Taylor Heinicke (ATL)

* Sam Darnold (SF)

* Mike White (MIA)

* PJ Walker (CHI)

* Blaine Gabbert (KC)

* Nick Mullens (MIN)

That one had to hurt lol.

• Haha 2

Zach Wilson has done everything he needed to do this offseason and this preseason. The guy failed and was a COMPLETELY broken QB. We all know it, we all saw it. It was bad.

Joe Douglas still believes in him. Rodgers and Hackett are putting in the time. And Wilson looks much better this preseason. He is a backup QB and will hopefully have a lot of time to keep getting better.

The NFL is rushing these kids because of the CBA and so many are failing. I am old enough to remember when a QB would sit as the # 3 guy for two years before being expected to do anything.

This is plan b, and guess what plan A is amazing. Rodgers is the guy.

Personally I would have liked a stronger 3rd QB on the roster, a Tyrod Taylor type. But in Zach we trust, we have no other choice because that is the decision Douglas has made. The guy just built the best roster we have seen here in so long, so I am going to sit back and enjoy his vision.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

Saying Mike White statistically out-produced Wilson (true by basically all available metrics) = Someone saying the “sky is red” to you?

Yikes.  

And again, I ask:  Now find a way to try to nitpick the other 18 guys I listed, eh?  Your vitriol for Mike White is telling here.  

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Mile White will be lucky to be on the Phins active roster as their #3 this year. 

Seems he's lost the battle for the #2 job, and he's currently in the concussion protocols still.

Says a lot about Zach Wilson that he couldn’t out-produce White in the same offense.  

Nor could he out-produce current Baltimore 3rd stringer Josh Johnson or free agent Joe Flacco.

• Upvote 2

Gladly.  Here’s 20, to start with:

* Jameis Winston (NO)
* Gardner Minshew (IND)
* Jacoby Brissett (WSH)
* Andy Dalton (CAR)
* Tyrod Taylor (NYG)
* Mitch Trubisky (PIT)
* Davis Mills & Case Keenum (HOU)
* Teddy Bridgewater (DET)

* Tyler Huntley & Josh Johnson (BAL)
* Cooper Rush & Will Grier (DAL)
* Bailey Zappe (NE)
* Taylor Heinicke (ATL)
* Sam Darnold (SF)
* Mike White (MIA)
* PJ Walker (CHI)
* Blaine Gabbert (KC)
* Nick Mullens (MIN)

Glad to see this incredibly flawed list come to light finally ... I agree with maybe 4 guys.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

Says a lot about Zach Wilson that he couldn’t out-produce White in the same offense.  
Nor could he out-produce current Baltimore 3rd stringer Josh Johnson or free agent Joe Flacco.
What was Mike White's win rate again ... How Many TDs in his last three games here .. I can't remember...

• Upvote 1

mike white averaged 298 ypg 
ZW averaged 187 
MW also had a higher completion percentage. So. Yea. He definitely outperformed him. But don’t let stats get in the way of a bad opinion. 
What was Mike White's win rate ? How about TD rate ? Also did they play the same teams ?

Zach imploded .. no doubt ... But Mike White ... ...