12th Man on 9/11!

Ulrich

31 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

I think the benchmark still  is Jets Pats 09 at the old place. I’m  not sure if MetLife or the average smartphone fan today has the grit to top it, but let’s see.

Jets/gb at the end of 01 as well.

two of the loudest I have been at

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

I think the benchmark still  is Jets Pats 09 at the old place. I’m  not sure if MetLife or the average smartphone fan today has the grit to top it, but let’s see.

My favorite game in the new stadium.  But really excited for 2023.  Hope the crowd shows up 

5 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Let's be extra loud Jets Nation game 1!

Let's make it miserable for Josh Allen and the Bills!

It is going to be insane. Everyone needs to revisit what it means to get in early. This game we will be there before the parking lot opens. And we are heading into the stadium EARLY. Like way early. 

Back in the day, way back my Dad and I would go. Not much of a tailgate then. We would get to the parking lot, eat a sandwich and get in.

One year in the early 90s, it was the first game. We decided to head into the stadium early. I think it opens two hours early now, I think back then it was 3 but I am not sure.

Anyhow we went in. Sat down in our seats int he upper deck and we were the only people within site. There was not another person in the seats. I do think it was 3 hours early.

Those days were a blast, I was in college, Dad and I would just talk and catch up. But I can still see the stands completely empty. Not sure I will be getting in quite that early for the opener. But a modern day version of early.  :)

5 hours ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

I was there. Brady had 3 delay of games in the second half  because it was so loud. Still proudly display my game ball.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Was at the Jets Giants game last night.  The place was probably half full and 35% Jets fans meaning probably 14,000 Jets fans. 

The fans were pumped when he took the field.  Wait until it’s over 80k (hopefully not many Bills fans). 

There will definitely be Bills fans, not as many as last year. But they are coming.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is going to be insane. Everyone needs to revisit what it means to get in early. This game we will be there before the parking lot opens. And we are heading into the stadium EARLY. Like way early. 

Back in the day, way back my Dad and I would go. Not much of a tailgate then. We would get to the parking lot, eat a sandwich and get in.

One year in the early 90s, it was the first game. We decided to head into the stadium early. I think it opens two hours early now, I think back then it was 3 but I am not sure.

Anyhow we went in. Sat down in our seats int he upper deck and we were the only people within site. There was not another person in the seats. I do think it was 3 hours early.

Those days were a blast, I was in college, Dad and I would just talk and catch up. But I can still see the stands completely empty. Not sure I will be getting in quite that early for the opener. But a modern day version of early.  :)

Solid advice. Will be doing the same.

I usually head in an hour before but will prob make it an extra 30.

your story reminds mi if the colts playoff game. Very cold and ne and my son head in 2 hours early. We are the only 2 in the end zone 300 section when looking up at the seats is a guy in a Peyton jersey.

he is climbing the stairs and I said to my son the odds of him sitting right near us is maybe 50 50.

welp seat and row right in front of me.

he might have been one of a few with a Peyton jersey that day

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

Solid advice. Will be doing the same.

I usually head in an hour before but will prob make it an extra 30.

your story reminds mi if the colts playoff game. Very cold and ne and my son head in 2 hours early. We are the only 2 in the end zone 300 section when looking up at the seats is a guy in a Peyton jersey.

he is climbing the stairs and I said to my son the odds of him sitting right near us is maybe 50 50.

welp seat and row right in front of me.

he might have been one of a few with a Peyton jersey that day

Will be more important than ever to make sure your tix are downloaded into your Apple wallet.  The LTE coverage at MetLife Stadium (another supremely wonderful feature of that lovely stadium) might actually cease to exist.

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

There will definitely be Bills fans, not as many as last year. But they are coming.

Tell them to shower before coming.  Please.  Back in secction 123 at Giants stadium, the 2 seats in front of me were co owned by some guys from upstate. 2 of them were great guys, sharing food/shots etc.  But the other two were horrific.  Smelly.  To the nth degree.  To the point where the row behind them (us) were constantly joking about them.  Neither of these dudes every heard of that new invention called a belt.  When they would stand (even sit) way too much of their cracks would show.

Bills fans.