Jump to content

Tony Adams getting the love


Larz

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Exactly.  This guy is an UDFA and he is being touted as a breakout star.  Does Joe Douglas get credit for finding him and the coaches for developing him?  This is the kind of synergy between coaches and front office that we have been lacking.

But the offensive line!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Exactly.  This guy is an UDFA and he is being touted as a breakout star.  Does Joe Douglas get credit for finding him and the coaches for developing him?  This is the kind of synergy between coaches and front office that we have been lacking.

Joe Douglas wasn’t flying out to scout Tony Adams in Illinois in between GW and Breece Hall interviews. It’s the teams scouting department banging the table for Tony you need be throwing love at 

 

  • Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

I was just about to post this. 

People on this site are correct about drafting players like Sauce and Garrett in that almost anyone could do it. But it is finding a player like Tony Adams/Bryce Huff is what separates JD's FO to the crap the franchise has endured over the past 20 years. 

Wrong. Just look at the success of Top 10 picks over the past 10-15 yrs..Success rate is still probably 50%

Quickly off the top of my head and in the news lately...Trey Lance, Darnold & Isaiah Simmons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This dude better be a ball hawk, we are treating him like 10 year vet, has he even played more than a few snaps in the ex season?

In any case he will get a lot of action in the reg season.  He and Whitehead have to be good along with our LB's becasue the smart teams will be attacking them all day long and avoid our Dline pressure and CBs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

he's won the starting safety job. Not sure what else he could do at this point, which seems to fit in with the idea of him being a breakout star being a "prediction" i.e. it has not happened yet, and may or may not happen .

oh who did he beat out?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They also drafted Jason Pinnock, which deserves some credit.

They should have kept Pinnock and let Ashtyn Davis go.  

If the Jets can draft and sign guys like Adams and Dean and not pay guys like Lemarcus Joyner, Whitehead, Ashtyn Davis and Amos/Clark, they will be able to allocate cap space where it is supposed to be allocated.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, varjet said:

They also drafted Jason Pinnock, which deserves some credit.

They should have kept Pinnock and let Ashtyn Davis go.  

If the Jets can draft and sign guys like Adams and Dean and not pay guys like Lemarcus Joyner, Whitehead, Ashtyn Davis and Amos/Clark, they will be able to allocate cap space where it is supposed to be allocated.  

I think Pinnock is way overrated around here.  In fact, I don't see how anybody can complain about defensive roster moves the Jets made last offseason.  The D was startlingly good.  Particularly in comparison with 2021.  Pinnock was horrible in coverage last year.  Supposedly waaaaaay worse than Whitehead.  Did we need to keep another box safety?  He got to start, but the Giants D was bottom half and worse than their O.  They kept Adams who seems to be better.  I'm pretty sure that Davis was more valuable to the team than Pinnock would have been and would have at least been comparable if forced to play, but Adams would have gone in first anyway. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Scraeger is a shill for the Jets.

...

17 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

How about we discuss how great of a call Saleh made in starting Rodgers last night.  Great job coach!!!!!!  We will never forget this gutsy call and how it really paid off.

 

16 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Douglas and Saleh are the best GM/HC combo in the league.  There is no scenario where they are not here for the next decade plus.

 

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Was at the game 2 weeks ago.  Great cell phone service, food was great. An absolute wonderful experience.  Love the stadium!!!!  Cant wait to go back on Black Friday!

62CF0DC8-751B-4C92-8B32-EE00C66682FA.thumb.gif.68afc6aac3039619cdd8ac180010a56c.gif

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

he's won the starting safety job. Not sure what else he could do at this point, which seems to fit in with the idea of him being a breakout star being a "prediction" i.e. it has not happened yet, and may or may not happen .

Lol I didn’t think this was a hard concept. “They’re predicting him to do something for the first time in his career?  What has he ever done though?”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...