Jets top 15 PFF grades from this preseason (min 50 snaps)

AFJF

Honestly I can't find any reason, any purpose whatsoever in keeping Huff off the field.  He has been our best pass rusher over the last two years hands down, yet everyone seems to think he's a rotational guy.  He can play the run.  We saw that in Preseason.  He collapses the pocket.  He finishes sacks and he disrupts plays at a rate far beyond any of our other edge guys...and his win rates are off the charts.  But we pretend he's a backup and play him three quarters in the Snoopy Bowl including special teams.  When is the staff going to wake up and realize Huff is lightening in a bottle...a rare UDFA stud who has outplayed players drafted (even on this team) in the top of drafts.  I just can't understand the reasoning.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

PFF is pure garbage.

Compared to what? Teams’ draft boards? Pro bowl voting? Messageboard opinions?

I’m not going to say PFF is the holy grail but it’s an interesting data set (at least for positions that can’t be evaluated very well by statistical production).

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Compared to what? Teams’ draft boards? Pro bowl voting? Messageboard opinions?

I’m not going to say PFF is the holy grail but it’s an interesting data set (at least for positions that can’t be evaluated very well by statistical production).

Interesting is a good description of the "data" since they've been caught making it up out of thin air. The Great Gatsby was also interesting.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Interesting is a good description of the "data" since they've been caught making it up out of thin air. The Great Gatsby was also interesting.

It’s subjectivity disguised as objectivity. If you ignore the form and focus on the substance you can appreciate it for what it is.