The Rodgers effect ..

I’m so cautiously excited for all of us, while still paranoid the Anti Jets Gods will pull the rug from under us.  Battered Jets fan syndrome ..

For the present moment at least, we basically traded what amounts to a mid 2023 first round draft pick for a top 4-7 active QB who is actually excited to be a Jet and ultra motivated to win us a championship.

Someone who gave back $35M to further this cause.  

A man who WANTS to be here for multiple years.

Someone who has made the Jets relevant again … an attractive FA destination.  

But maybe most importantly,

- a Winner whose pedigree, still apparent skills, and inner fire will demand that the Jets offense score ******* points.   Come back in the fourth quarter.  Run out the clock

- a Leader who will unite the offense & defense and hold his teammates accountable …   (can’t catch the ball, sit down; can’t block, the dreaded look of disappointment you feared from your dad)

- a Kid who should make football fun for his teammates again

- an Entertainer who should at the very least give us fans some good football and memorable moments on Sundays

We deserve this!  Now if we could only protect him in a bubble.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

I’m so cautiously excited for all of us, while still paranoid the Anti Jets Gods will pull the rug from under us.  Battered Jets fan syndrome ..

For the present moment at least, we basically traded what amounts to a mid 2023 first round draft pick for a top 4-7 active QB who is actually excited to be a Jet and ultra motivated to win us a championship.

Someone who gave back $35M to further this cause.  

A man who WANTS to be here for multiple years.

Someone who has made the Jets relevant again … an attractive FA destination.  

But maybe most importantly,

- a Winner whose pedigree, still apparent skills, and inner fire will demand that the Jets offense score ******* points.   Come back in the fourth quarter.  Run out the clock

- a Leader who will unite the offense & defense and hold his teammates accountable …   (can’t catch the ball, sit down; can’t block, the dreaded look of disappointment you feared from your dad)

- a Kid who should make football fun for his teammates again

- an Entertainer who should at the very least give us fans some good football and memorable moments on Sundays

We deserve this!  Now if we could only protect him in a bubble.

Honestly I’m looking forward to just being entertained again. We’ve had ONE year of watchable football in the last decade (2015) and that season still ended in failure/heartbreak. 

• Upvote 2

Rodgers came here to win a championship based on what he saw. Now this :

@PatMcAfeeShow. Dalvin  Cook ;

: "I wanted to go to a team that was suited right now to go win. I'm trying to win a ring. I've been watching it for a few years, I'm trying to go get one”

It’s time to pivot fellas. This is a talented team with great culture and leadership