Jets Bring Back P Thomas Morstead and FB Nick Bawden

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Should have left Bawden on the street and signed Ben Mason. 

I wonder what the "Terminator" John Connor is doing these days.  I remember Rex being PUMPED about that dude.  Last FB I've ever really spent any time thinking about before Bawden this year.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Maybe, He's certainly got a bigger name but Bawden is an integral part of the squad. Has been for 2 years really.

He was on IR last year. I get that he plays specials, but if you’re carving out a roster spot for a fullback, I might want a little more versatility and a more dynamic blocker. 

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He was on IR last year. I get that he plays specials, but if you’re carving out a roster spot for a fullback, I might want a little more versatility and a more dynamic blocker. 

I was kind of thinking the same, but they must love him.  They picked him up in 2021 and I don't recall them ever bringing in another FB.  Seems like if they like FB so much they should have had somebody playing it while Bawden was on IR.  It's not like there are not NFL quality FB on the street. 

17 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I was kind of thinking the same, but they must love him.  They picked him up in 2021 and I don't recall them ever bringing in another FB.  Seems like if they like FB so much they should have had somebody playing it while Bawden was on IR.  It's not like there are not NFL quality FB on the street. 

I don’t get it, especially if it’s a special teams oriented signing. That’d be at least three guys (Hardee, Charles and now Bawden). 

52 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Both Bawden and Yeboah are valuable parts of the 53. Glad the Jets didn't waste space on someone like Kuntz. Barring a non-roster move, one of the WRs is likely headed for the PS next week when Echols' suspension is over. Nice job JD.

Yeboah is valuable? Since when. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bawden is reported to be a decent pass catcher. No idea about Mason. I think they are both marginal so you take one, I'll take the other.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Bawden is reported to be a decent pass catcher. No idea about Mason. I think they are both marginal so you take one, I'll take the other.

Yeah, it’s nitpicking, but Mason is a plus-plus athlete who was a captain at Michigan but was blocked in Baltimore by Ricard, and Bawden is a dude who keeps blowing his knees out and makes a living on IR. 

22 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Putting them on IR before the initial roster is set rules them out for the season.

Putting them on the initial roster allows you to move them to IR with the option to return.

So, two vested veterans - Bawden and Morestead - who aren't subject to waivers get cut, with a gentleman's agreement that they will be resigned after the IR moves are made.

Just roster management, similar stuff happens every year at the cutdown date.

thanks

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jethead said:

Both Bawden and Yeboah are valuable parts of the 53. Glad the Jets didn't waste space on someone like Kuntz. Barring a non-roster move, one of the WRs is likely headed for the PS next week when Echols' suspension is over. Nice job JD.

That or CB Hall. Remember we have Rodgers now so keeping 7 WRs and bring up Kuntz from the practice squad for one of the 2 extra spots here and there is not far fetched. Even having 4-5 of the RBs and FB up depending on game plans if defenses we play certain weeks can’t cover backs also can occur. We have to get used to a QB that will be able to use the weapons we have and Rodgers can. His accuracy is impeccable.