Captain Jack Off announced, I was hoping to be picked

hmhertz

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Like it or not.  Cleveland is going to be good this year.

Not good enough, according to the NFL.com panel (I know, talk is cheap etc - but they rate us highly so I'm going with it :D).

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-playoff-predictions-picking-eight-division-winners-six-wild-card-teams

Only AFC North team not to get a single vote to win the division. No-one even picked them as WC1, 3 votes for WC2, 1 for WC3. That's with 34 panelists. 4 think they make the playoffs as a WC.

Again, only opinions and anything can happen, but that's not a ringing endorsement.

Jets on the other hand - 12 votes to win AFC East (over one third of votes), 5 votes for WC1, 3 for WC2, 7 for WC3. 27 of 34 think we make the playoffs. The other 7 are obviously wrong. ;-)  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Not good enough, according to the NFL.com panel (I know, talk is cheap etc - but they rate us highly so I'm going with it :D).

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-playoff-predictions-picking-eight-division-winners-six-wild-card-teams

Only AFC North team not to get a single vote to win the division. No-one even picked them as WC1, 3 votes for WC2, 1 for WC3. That's with 34 panelists. 4 think they make the playoffs as a WC.

Again, only opinions and anything can happen, but that's not a ringing endorsement.

Jets on the other hand - 12 votes to win AFC East (over one third of votes), 5 votes for WC1, 3 for WC2, 7 for WC3. 27 of 34 think we make the playoffs. The other 7 are obviously wrong. ;-)  

I'm not saying Cleveland is better than the Jets..But I do think they are going to much better than many are giving them credit for.

Obviously it'll come down to Watson.  If he plays to his Houston days form, they become a very tough team to beat.  If he plays like he did last year they'll continue to be bad.  I suspect he returns to form.

• Sympathy 1

I'm not saying Cleveland is better than the Jets..But I do think they are going to much better than many are giving them credit for.
Obviously it'll come down to Watson.  If he plays to his Houston days form, they become a very tough team to beat.  If he plays like he did last year they'll continue to be bad.  I suspect he returns to form.
Personally - and not having done a lot of analysis - I think they'll pan out as around a 0.500 team at best. I know you can't be 0.500 exactly, but 8-9 / 9-8, that sort of ballpark. Tough to see them finishing higher than third in their division.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

Almost every one including most owners and gms will be delighted if the Browns fall on their ass and watson is average at best.

The Browns screwed the QB market badly by handing watson all that guaranteed money.

But he’s such a good kid?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1