Spectrum and Disney 👎

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Disney just pulled all it's  channels from Spectrum. This includes ESPN and ABC. Seems like no Monday Night Football in my house. Amazing you can get ABC for free but a pay service now doesn't  have it. 

I have been watching games on a $10 digital antenna.  No real issues here. 

Caveat that I am someone spent five years watching them from overseas on strange feeds from Norway and Japan and I am not one of the everything has to super HD 3 billion pixels guys.

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Caveat that I am someone spent five years watching them from overseas on strange feeds from Norway and Japan and I am not one of the everything has to super HD 3 billion pixels guys.

Give me the pixels 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm surrounded by tall buildings.  I doubt a signal will make it to an antenna.  

I worked for BlueCross. Occasionally a hospital group would play hardball in negotiations and leave the network as a leverage move. It sucked for all the patients in the hospital at the time of course with claims. Everything got ironed out in a day or two. BlueCross always won because the members would scream at the hospital for leaving. 
Sometimes a bluff isn’t a bluff. It happens 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

I worked for BlueCross. Occasionally a hospital group would play hardball in negotiations and leave the network as a leverage move. It sucked for all the patients in the hospital at the time of course with claims. Everything got ironed out in a day or two. BlueCross always won because the members would scream at the hospital for leaving. 
Sometimes a bluff isn’t a bluff. It happens 

Spectrum is a huge cable provider in NY. This won't last but the question is, will this get done quickly. Right now it's  a game of chicken. Disney knew what they were doing timing this before football season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Disney just pulled all it's  channels from Spectrum. This includes ESPN and ABC. Seems like no Monday Night Football in my house. Amazing you can get ABC for free but a pay service now doesn't  have it. 

Two slimy bloodsuckers arguing over YOUR $$. Screw them both.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd bet this is resolved before 9/11.

Not so sure about that. ESPN has been hurting, the reason for the layoffs. It is also THE most expensive channel that tv providers pay for. $9.42 per subscriber per month. This could be the beginning of tv providers like spectrum, pushing back, because there aren't as many viewers calamoring for ESPN. Should be interesting.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I'm surrounded by tall buildings.  I doubt a signal will make it to an antenna.  

It definitely will. Just get a digital antenna for a smart TV. Probably like $20-$25. I did this back in like 2011-2012 (as I remember) when the same thing was happening and I wanna say we weren't getting CBS for some reason on Spectrum/Time Warner. Worked just fine. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Spectrum is a huge cable provider in NY. This won't last but the question is, will this get done quickly. Right now it's  a game of chicken. Disney knew what they were doing timing this before football season. 

Spectrum is big here in Fl also. They cover the Central Fl area.

I switched from Hulu+ to YoutubeTV this summer but for different reasons. I think Greg Gutfeld show & Jesse Waters show on Fox are both funny, but every time I was watching their shows my Hulu+ streaming service it would restart itself and I have to start the show over. It did so many times that I finally said f*ck this and cancelled my Hulu subscription. I don’t why it kept happening, but I do know that Disney owns Hulu and maybe all the Disney stuff going on down in Florida with them fighting about what they should be teaching kids in elementary school . . . or maybe it’s just some type of inexplicable behavior like what happens on the Twilight Zone or the Xfiles. Either way it doesn’t really matter because it wasn’t working so I switched to YoutubeTV.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • More Ugh 2

3 minutes ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

I switched from Hulu+ to YoutubeTV this summer but for different reasons. I think Greg Gutfeld show & Jesse Waters show on Fox are both funny, but every time I was watching their shows my Hulu+ streaming service it would restart itself and I have to start the show over. It did so many times that I finally said f*ck this and cancelled my Hulu subscription. I don’t why it kept happening, but I do know that Disney owns Hulu and maybe all the Disney stuff going on down in Florida with them fighting about what they should be teaching kids in elementary school . . . or maybe it’s just some type of inexplicable behavior like what happens on the Twilight Zone or the Xfiles. Either way it doesn’t really matter because it wasn’t working so I switched to YoutubeTV.

It was most likely your cable service. This happens to me sporadically buy it resets only for a few seconds. Spectrum told me it's  buffering.

Right now I am getting very close to cutting the cord.  The thing is, with all the streaming services  increasing prices, there isn't  a real incentive to do it. 

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

It was most likely your cable service. This happens to me sporadically buy it resets only for a few seconds. Spectrum told me it's  buffering.

Right now I am getting very close to cutting the cord.  The thing is, with all the streaming services  increasing prices, there isn't  a real incentive to do it. 

Just get an inexpensive, under the table, iptv. $35

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Ken Schroy said:

Not so sure about that. ESPN has been hurting, the reason for the layoffs. It is also THE most expensive channel that tv providers pay for. $9.42 per subscriber per month. This could be the beginning of tv providers like spectrum, pushing back, because there aren't as many viewers calamoring for ESPN. Should be interesting.

Agree with the bold, just read an article that said this is not your typical carriage dispute.  The article mentioned a big sticking point is cable providers can’t choose what Disney content they can offer, it’s all or nothing.  This drives the price up dramatically.  Also said Cable companies are also pissed Disney started selling their content directly to consumers.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, WeCantDraftGoodQBs said:

Can you get the sec network on youtube?

1 hour ago, ID. said:

Agree with the bold, just read an article that said this is not your typical carriage dispute.  The article mentioned a big sticking point is cable providers can’t choose what Disney content they can offer, it’s all or nothing.  This drives the price up dramatically.  Also said Cable companies are also pissed Disney started selling their content directly to consumers.

Charter also wants access to Disney streaming services. I read the money was agreed upon but this is where Disney is digging it's heels in.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Game will probably be on WPIX

13 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

My son had Spectrum for internet service in midtown.  The service was slow, crappy, and way too expensive.  I had him switch to Fios.  Faster, cheaper, more reliable.  He's happy.  Not sure how the cable service compares, but my impression of Spectrum was they are crappy top-to-bottom.  Is switching an option?

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

IPTV is the way to go. Cable is ridiculous and "cord cutting" leads to people spending a ton on multiple streaming services. 

Is there one that is best, or recommended? I'd love to cut the cord but local sports, jets, sny, msg, yes, keep me in.

• Upvote 1