2023 NFL Season Predictions - What's your hot take??

Putting aside the 16-1 Jets season for a minute...How do you see the rest of the league unfolding? What's your hot take?

-I think all top 3 Rookie QBs will be solid overall. Richardson will be the most exciting with a Fields like rookie year, Stroud will be the best overall (think he has the best supporting cast) and Young will be good but he'll take a beating, depends if he can last the whole year. 

-I think Pickett will take a leap into the upper class of QBs and really stand out. Herbert like. Steelers will runaway with that division. 

-Unfortunately...I think the Packers will be decent and Jordan Love will be a pretty good QB, making Packer fans incredibly annoying. 

My hot take? Rams will compete for the #1 overall pick. Kupp will barely play this year and they'll fall apart. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Bucs, Eagles, 49ers, Lions, win their division. Seahawks, Cowboys, and Giants (9-8) get WCs

Bills, Chargers, Bengals, Jaguars win their division. Chiefs, Dolphins and Browns get WCs (Jets finish 10-7 but lose tie breaker)

Trevor Lawrence wins MVP and OPOY, Micah Parsons DPOY, CJ Stroud OROY, Lucas van Ness DROY

Eagles over 49ers in NFC, Bills over Bengals in AFC

Eagles over Bills in Super Bowl

• Thumb Down 4

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Jets that will be better/contribute more than we think: Tyler Conklin, Laken Tomlinson, Will McDonald, Randall Cobb, Al Woods

2. Jets that will be worse than we think and disappoint: Lazard, Becton, both Michael Carters.

3. Rodgers: 15 starts, 4,200 yards, 34 TDs, 9 INTs, 7.5 y/a

4. Tim Boyle starts the two games Rodgers misses.

5. Tua doesn’t last three games, Dolphins finish 7-10, McDaniel quits. Jim Harbaugh and JJ McCarthy in Miami next year. 

6. Stefon Diggs goes Full James Harden after losing a bunch of targets to James Cook and Dalton Kincaid, gets deactivated at midseason. 

7. Tankin’ Frenzy at midseason: Mike Evans—>Chiefs; Davante—>Jets; Aaron Donald—>Seahawks; Brian Burns—>Lions; Maxx Crosby—>Pats

8. 2024 Draft Order: 1. Cardinals (via Texans); 2. Rams; 3. Colts; 4. Bears; 5. Cardinals; 6. Patriots; 7. Panthers; 8. Raiders; 9. Bears; 10. Lions

9. Belichick goes 8-9, “retires,” takes a job coaching at one of the service academies.

9. Jets get to AFC Championship Game and lose 27-13 to the Chiefs in an ugly, painful game to watch. 

10. MVP: Trevor Lawrence, OPOY: Lawrence, DPOY: Quinnen Williams 

Those are SPICY. And I hope they all happen lol. Would make for a good dramatic season. Especially the dolphins part. 
I feel like Belicheck will never retire. I’d be shocked whenever it happens. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Jets that will be better/contribute more than we think: Tyler Conklin, Laken Tomlinson, Will McDonald, Randall Cobb, Al Woods

2. Jets that will be worse than we think and disappoint: Lazard, Becton, both Michael Carters.

5. Tua doesn’t last three games, Dolphins finish 7-10, McDaniel quits. Jim Harbaugh and JJ McCarthy in Miami next year. 

6. Stefon Diggs goes Full James Harden after losing a bunch of targets to James Cook and Dalton Kincaid, gets deactivated at midseason. 

7. Tankin’ Frenzy at midseason: Mike Evans—>Chiefs; Davante—>Jets; Aaron Donald—>Seahawks; Brian Burns—>Lions; Maxx Crosby—>Pats

8. 2024 Draft Order: 1. Cardinals (via Texans); 2. Rams; 3. Colts; 4. Bears; 5. Cardinals; 6. Patriots; 7. Panthers; 8. Raiders; 9. Bears; 10. Lions

9. Belichick goes 8-9, “retires,” takes a job coaching at one of the service academies.

9. Jets get to AFC Championship Game and lose 27-13 to the Chiefs in an ugly, painful game to watch. 

#Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel said LT Terron Armstead did not practice today. Says he is “progressing.” Status for Sunday vs. the #Chargers is unknown

Mike White named as TUA’s backup.

image.gif.a1b464f37faca43a39595c544810220d.gif

• Post of the Week 1

38 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

4b. Robert Saleh, "Zach has worked his tail off and is still a guy we believe in to have a bright future in the league. This is all about Tim having more experience in the system which was the deciding factor in a hot playoff race."

4c. @Dunnie creates 3 threads about how Saleh's comments prove Zach will be an all pro within 18 months 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

what's our record in your scenario?

Maybe going out on a limb but I can see Detroit and the Chargers dominating their division. I think the Giants can win ten or mores games, I expect the Jets to win the AFC East; Kenny Pickett and the Steelers will probably be a much improved team... Pats and Packers will suck balls. Bengals and Eagles of course will still be good. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ron Rico said:

Maybe going out on a limb but I can see Detroit and the Chargers dominating their division. I think the Giants can win ten or mores games, I expect the Jets to win the AFC East; Kenny Pickett and the Steelers will probably be a much improved team... Pats and Packers will suck balls. Bengals and Eagles of course will still be good. 

Detroit might be fantasy gold this season. Their defense is poised to be bbbbbbbbaaaaaad...

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Damn. I wrote a novel, but I forgot about the Bengals!

Face Palm What GIF by SWR3

Fixed it…

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Pats finish 2nd in afc east.

Commanders finish 2nd in nfc east and make the playoffs.

Falcons make the playoffs.

Seahawks will play in the nfc championship game.

Bills will not make the playoffs.

With the exception of the Falcons, you're trolling, right?

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

🤣

It's funny because I can picture him mumbling some nonsense during a presser and just walking off with no one knowing for sure if he really just did that.

"I'm taking my talents back to little Bill's teat."

• Haha 1

• The Cowboys start the season 1-6 and fire McCarthy at the bye. Jerry Jones lures Deion Sanders away from Colorado with a monster HC deal including a significant ownership stake. They go on to not only win a wildcard spot finishing with a 10-7 record but to make it to the Superbowl under the leadership of Coach Prime who talks more sh*t to the press than anyone could ever imagine.
  • Sean Payton will bench a struggling Russell Wilson by mid-season for Jarret Stidham.
  • The Bengals go undefeated in the regular season.
  • Upvote 1