Jump to content

Patriots WR Juju Smith having knee issues


Bronx

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

sad for the player but fk the pats

100%. I’ve never been the type to celebrate injuries to players on other teams- ( bad karma)- but after the last two plus decades these scumbags have had???  I wish them nothing but the absolute worst for at least the next couple of decades.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Gibby said:

100%. I’ve never been the type to celebrate injuries to players on other teams- ( bad karma)- but after the last two plus decades these scumbags have had???  I wish them nothing but the absolute worst for at least the next couple of decades.

I can definitely see this becoming a dumpster fire of a season for Belichick in which he finally retires.  He’s managed to have 2 mediocre years and 1 good year since he lost the GOAT Qb.  This is the year it all falls apart 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I can definitely see this becoming a dumpster fire of a season for Belichick in which he finally retires.  He’s managed to have 2 mediocre years and 1 good year since he lost the GOAT Qb.  This is the year it all falls apart 

It could be.

I think this is a 7 to 10 win team.  If the OL continues to have issues, I could see less than 7 wins.  Only thing I cannot really see is a full-blown dumpster fire like the Urban Meyer Jags.  The closest Bill had to a dumpster fire was his last Cleveland season.   That took the owner nuking the season by announcing the move to Blatimore in the middle of the season.

 While the schedule is harder, the Patriots are better.  WRs are not great, but they are a better group than last year.  Zeke is past his prime, but he can take snaps from Ramondre so he is not driven into the ground.  Most importantly, Billy O is light years ahead of Patricia.  

Does this mean they are going to be better than 8-9?  Probably not, but Bill knows defense (20 of his 28 teams have had a top 10 scoring defense; worst ranking is 20th).  Top 10 pick?  Maybe.  Dumpster fire?  No.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What the Patriots have done at the WR position over the years has been abysmal.

They've had a few HRs like Edelman and the Welker trade and some solid line drive base hits like Amendola, but other than that it's been a litany of whiffs.

Goes to show how much having a HOF QB (and HOF pass-catching TE in Gronk) can cover over a multitude of GM sins / failures in other areas.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

It could be.

I think this is a 7 to 10 win team.  If the OL continues to have issues, I could see less than 7 wins.  Only thing I cannot really see is a full-blown dumpster fire like the Urban Meyer Jags.  The closest Bill had to a dumpster fire was his last Cleveland season.   That took the owner nuking the season by announcing the move to Blatimore in the middle of the season.

 While the schedule is harder, the Patriots are better.  WRs are not great, but they are a better group than last year.  Zeke is past his prime, but he can take snaps from Ramondre so he is not driven into the ground.  Most importantly, Billy O is light years ahead of Patricia.  

Does this mean they are going to be better than 8-9?  Probably not, but Bill knows defense (20 of his 28 teams have had a top 10 scoring defense; worst ranking is 20th).  Top 10 pick?  Maybe.  Dumpster fire?  No.

 

I prefer a return to mediocrity rather than a full on descent to the bottom followed by drafting the "QB of the century" and becoming a problem again.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So we have JuJu's knee. Devante Parker had injury issues during camp and has had durability issues in his career. Demario Douglas was dealing with a shoulder injury in camp. For the second year in a row, Tyquan Thornton misses first four weeks on the IR.  Mike Gesicki (TE) as been nursing a shoulder injury. Looks like Kayshon Boutte is the Man this year ("Boutte lacks high-end speed and burst, and at this point looks like little more than a possession receiver . . . his athleticism doesn't stand out").

Mac and his receiver corps look loaded and ready to rumble. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Could have had both McD and JSN at #13 and #15 if JD had gotten GB to accept a 2nd rounder for A-Rod.

And if he got them to take a 6th rder for A Rod they could have had a full draft!

We got 2 first rders , a 3rd and a player for Adams!-The Niners paid 3 number 1 s to take Trey Lance!   

IDK but Rodgers price tag seems reasonable to me.  And having him here for OTAs and all of training camp was worth whatever we might have saved by playing hard ball imo.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They have a bunch of interchangeable receivers.  JuJu is no big loss.

Pats will finish right behind us in 2nd place in the division.  Might even make the playoffs.

With that defense and bill obrien now calling the offense, they will be a very good football team.

Get a hold of yourself...

CPTJoeW.jpg.69b1e96e1c637a6c75020ff5485d4e95.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As much as we'd all love to drink the Patriots' tears, I'm not yet believing based on rumors alone that Juju is doomed, after coming off his best season in years and lasting through the whole season, all way through the Super Bowl.

Besides, who wants there to be any more excuses for the chowds as they swirl their way down the toilet?  Let them suck just because they suck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They have a bunch of interchangeable receivers.  JuJu is no big loss.

Pats will finish right behind us in 2nd place in the division.  Might even make the playoffs.

With that defense and bill obrien now calling the offense, they will be a very good football team.

I just went through their roster. They are surprisingly not bad. I did not expected to see a good roster. The AFCE is a hot mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...