Which WR will we trade for before the deadline?

slimjasi

Which WR will we trade for before the deadline?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR will we trade for before the deadline?

• Davante Adams
    • Mike Evans
    • Darnell Mooney
    • Marquise "Hollywood" Brown
    • We will NOT trade for a WR
    • Other (Name him)

I'm not the biggest fan of mid-season WR trades because it takes too long to get on the same page with a QB, especially midseason when we're expecting to compete.  Even with Rodgers here for most of the off-season, he's still getting adjusted to the receivers, so I'm not sure I want to trade for one.  

Anyway, it's a long shot because I think the Steelers might be good this year, but I'm keeping an eye on Diontae Johnson.  If they struggle, I think they will move on from him for what he's being paid.  However, it's a long shot. 

7 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't think we trade for a WR unless Garrett Wilson suffers a serious injury.

I think we should. There are 2 udfas on the 53 + old man Cobb and 2 meh guys in Lazard and hardman.  That doesn’t seem like a recipe for winning a championship. However throwing in someone like Mike Evans will be a game changer. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gio-Jets said:

Has to be either Adams or Evans. Someone who we can pay big money too until Garrett is due his big extension in three years time. 

No need to trade for a younger star and then have to pay him AND Garrett. 

I could see Hollywood brown becoming available. Cards are in tank mode and will be looking for extra draft capital 

I don’t think bucs will trade evans. 

adams is a possibility because the wheels already look like there starting to come off over there in raiderland

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chandler-jones-not-with-raiders-wednesday-status-for-sunday-unknown

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, BurntDice said:

I think we should. There are 2 udfas on the 53 + old man Cobb and 2 meh guys in Lazard and hardman.  That doesn’t seem like a recipe for winning a championship. However throwing in someone like Mike Evans will be a game changer. 

This isn't going to be a chuck the ball around the yard type of team. The recipe for winning a championship this year is heavily going to involve defense and running the ball.

• Upvote 4

It appears the Jets staff love Gipson. He's our KR and possibly punt returner. Cobb has taken him under his wing. If continues to progress he'll be our slot in 2024. Cobb and Hardman are 1 year rentals. Brownlee has shown well, has upside as a potential starter. Unless there are a bunch of injuries to the top 4, I don't see the team making a big move to bring in a receiver that has to then acclimate to the play book and Rodger's intricacies. Just one man's opinion. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Could see Hollywood Brown as a trade target as well.

Brown would be my pick too if we do something. He isn't a true #1 but did good as a 2 behind Hopkins so it should be a cap friendly option plus the cards fire sale / crap show is alive and well. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This isn't going to be a chuck the ball around the yard type of team. The recipe for winning a championship this year is heavily going to involve defense and running the ball.

Yea let’s run the ball and play conservative with AARON FREAKEN RODGERS 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

Yea let’s run the ball and play conservative with AARON FREAKEN RODGERS 

You think John Elway benefited from having TD? We have elite RB talent on this team and some maulers up front (Becton/AVT) - nothing wrong with making teams cheat to stop the run and then getting burned by Rodgers in the play action game 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's 40 years old.

He's gonna make plays for us when we need him, but this is not a pass first team.

How did the bucs play with Brady the year they won the sb? Did they turn to the Zach Wilson playbook? Don’t think so, he had by far the most single season passing yards in his career 

I think it depends where the season’s at by then. If there’s a Wilson injury or the offense looks stagnant, Adams. 

With the current personnel, I think Evans or Brown as a guy to create space on the perimeter might make the most sense. I originally voted Brown but I’d put Evans in the Adams bucket in my head when I think what he’d bring to the team is closer to Brown.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I can understand your thinking that way, and wouldn't hate a trade for Evans.  That said, I think you're overlooking that Rodgers has Conklin, Uzomah, Ruckert, Hall, Cook, Izzy and Carter to throw to.  If the right side of our OL performs as I think they will (and they stay healthy) we will be able to pretty much run the ball at will, plus a lot of Rodger's quick throws to RBs and WRs are like running plays.  If defenses try to stack the box on the Jets,  The Jets can kill them with speed with quick passes to Hardman, Izzy, Wilson, Hall, Cook, Ruckert, and Carter.  Cobb is great at finding holes in a zone and getting open.  Lazard has excellent height.  When combined with Rodgers' mobility, savvy and great ability to read Ds and change plays at the LOS, I think that barring injury we will be just fine.

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

You think John Elway benefited from having TD? We have elite RB talent on this team and some maulers up front (Becton/AVT) - nothing wrong with making teams cheat to stop the run and then getting burned by Rodgers in the play action game 

John Elway is the most overrated QB in NFL history 

14 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

How did the bucs play with Brady the year they won the sb? Did they turn to the Zach Wilson playbook? Don’t think so, he had by far the most single season passing yards in his career 

The situations are different, the teams are different in how they're made up, and the conferences they play in are different.

• Post of the Week 1