Did you see Bosa's deal with San Fran?

PorP

Tough to question SF … winning organization and all.

But they aren’t impervious to some boneheaded mistakes.  We can start with Trey Lance, which they of course Purdy quickly corrected.

I don’t know if this is a mistake with a rising salary cap but that is a LOT of coin for an Edge rusher.  Once you cross a certain pay threshold for a specific position, it really can backfire.

Do the best Edge rushers contribue 65% as much to wins as top QBs?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, nycdan said:

49ers Cap next year (not counting Bosa). 

This already accounts for 190M of a projected 240M team salary cap.

The new Saints have arrived.

I get the content of the post.  Just one red flag in the content.  49ers been a threat since the 80's, unless someone went senile there is a plan. 

I may not understand the plan but they'll surprise me I'm pretty sure. 

24 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Tough to question SF … winning organization and all.

But they aren’t impervious to some boneheaded mistakes.  We can start with Trey Lance, which they of course Purdy quickly corrected.

I don’t know if this is a mistake with a rising salary cap but that is a LOT of coin for an Edge rusher.  Once you cross a certain pay threshold for a specific position, it really can backfire.

Do the best Edge rushers contribue 65% as much to wins as top QBs?

well they do have another 4 years before they have to pay Purdy if he turns out to be the real thing. Bosa is just getting paid QB money until they have to pay there QB.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This will be the jets in two or three years, we need to win and win now.

Not debating your point cause I think the sauce/ Wilson thing same year is a problem but.....

Bart Scott  had some interesting words in that regarding cap space,  not signing big name non-jets with it,  and doing early contracts with front loads. 

It was on the Jets pod cast. Not suggesting that would happen but I thought it was interesting. 

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, 20andOut said:

Sauce, Wilson, Johnson?, Breece!!!

Meh...

Sauce and Garrett are obvious as is Breece but RB's aren't big cap hits. Sauce and Garrett contracts could reset the market on each. 

JJ might be good or even great this year,  I don't see him being elite. I think his contract if he stays a jet will reflect that. 

McDonald on the other hand... if the Jets don't mess with his weight a lot,  I think that guy is special. 

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, pointman said:

post what team, noob. I was scrolling like mad thinking/hoping/wishing it was us. 

Ya sure, might have put "bosa is a jet" straight in the title or something that exhibited a bit of common sense. 

I will try to remember the elderly that are both easily triggered and easily confused by the interwebs from now on

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Ya sure, might have put "bosa is a jet" straight in the title or something that exhibited a bit of common sense. 

I will try to remember the elderly that are both easily triggered and easily confused by the interwebs from now on

Joel Mchale Lol GIF by NETFLIX

Someone should read their own post. Kids mad.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This will be the jets in two or three years, we need to win and win now.

I think we’ll be fine, as long as we draft Rodgers’ heir apparent in 24 or 25(I don’t think paying an unproven Zach will make much sense). We still might lose one or two guys but we shouldn’t be at risk at all of losing any of the main core. 

Not to mention the Mosley’s, JFM’s, Lawson’s and Tomlinson’s that’ll be off the books. Just keep drafting well beyond the 1st round and avoid bringing in big contracts from outside unless it’s a no-brainer type move. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I think we’ll be fine, as long as we draft Rodgers’ heir apparent in 24 or 25(I don’t think paying an unproven Zach will make much sense). We still might lose one or two guys but we shouldn’t be at risk at all of losing any of the main core. 

Not to mention the Mosley’s, JFM’s, Lawson’s and Tomlinson’s that’ll be off the books. Just keep drafting well beyond the 1st round and avoid bringing in big contracts from outside unless it’s a no-brainer type move. 

We already have the heir apparent on our roster 

lolz