Looking forward to Chiefs- Lions

frankiepapa

This is a great spot for Detroit.  Young team that finished last season strong.  Really curious to see what they look like this year.  Would love to see them pull off the upset,.  But if they can play KC tough and lose its a road, non-conference game.

Should be fun.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

This is a great spot for Detroit.  Young team that finished last season strong.  Really curious to see what they look like this year.  Would love to see them pull off the upset,.  But if they can play KC tough and lose its a road, non-conference game.

Should be fun.

KC missing 2 of their best 3 players doesn’t hurt the cause.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually happy I'm not playing FF this season. So non-stressful watching games like this not hoping every pass goes to my guy. 

I have not played fantasy football for years -- and this is why.  I just want to be able to watch and enjoy games.  I know that for most people fantasy enhances the game giving you a rooting interest in more games, but for me, I found it detracted from the games. So I stopped playing. 

I don't miss it.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Definitely looking forward to football finally being back tonight.  It's kind of crazy how last season feels like an eternity ago, but everything that followed the season feels like it just happened a moment ago.

I have to say though, if the Jets weren't the home team vs KC, the NFL probably would've lost their minds making that into the season opener.  Should still be a good one tonight though, and looking forward to the whole weekend, although really wish we didn't have to wait until Monday night.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

I have a tendency to root for underdogs, so I hope Detroit lays a beating down. 

I'm often that way as well, and usually always thrilled to watch the fall of any teams that had their long enough run of success, but I have to be honest, I still haven't come to have that much against KC.  Definitely not rooting for them, but at the very least they're always good at putting on very entertaining football, so can't bring myself to hate on that.

Plus, I feel like it's a little easier to not despise KC when Reid and Mahomes are about as complete polar opposites as imaginable to Belicheat and Shady.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is, I'd be happy to see KC have a very good year that ends in them getting torn a new one by the Jets in the AFC Championship.