Arizona Cardinals

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know what's going on but his season did end with an ACL last year on 12/12.

This would seem to be it. He won’t be ready for the start of the season and they don’t know when he will. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

And Caleb Williams just started signaling that he might not enter the draft (obviously as a way to deter a team he doesn't want to be at from drafting him).  Coincidence?

The Cardinals are in a tight spot.  

He is untradable right now.  Next year, they could trade him and only incur a 29 million dead cap hit.  Only need a team willing to take on a huge cap hit for a guy with issues.  

11 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

The Cardinals are in a tight spot.  

He is untradable right now.  Next year, they could trade him and only incur a 29 million dead cap hit.  Only need a team willing to take on a huge cap hit for a guy with issues.  

He needs a  to unwind, after all it’s a copy cat league, 

E7DC004C-8C24-44CE-B702-6B74148EC016.gif

I find it odd that the NFL hasn't talked about any deterrents for teams going full tank-mode.  It cheapens the game and while it makes sense to the team, it really feels wrong.  As the season goes on, suddenly ATL, TB, and WAS all start record-watching and dumping (or resting) players to jockey for the Caleb Williams sweepstakes (with Drake Maye as a consolation prize).  This can affect playoff positioning for teams lucky enough to play them late.  

Not sure there is a simple, or even any reasonable solution to this other than an NBA-style lottery, but it does bug me to see teams rewarded for deliberately trying to lose games.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, win4ever said:

I'd be ok with Hollywood Brown, my concern would be if he'd be ok being the No. 3/4 option in his contract year.  I feel like that might be an issue because we're already paying Hardman, and he's on a short deal as well.  

I'd imagine most wrs would be ok with playing with Aaron Rodgers 🤣

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

in a world where pundits go crazy for daniel jones and hate on kyler, kyler has dominated jones in the production department.

if i had to choose between the 2, health not a facto, i'm taking kyler.

Well health is a facto 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

I find it odd that the NFL hasn't talked about any deterrents for teams going full tank-mode.  It cheapens the game and while it makes sense to the team, it really feels wrong.  As the season goes on, suddenly ATL, TB, and WAS all start record-watching and dumping (or resting) players to jockey for the Caleb Williams sweepstakes (with Drake Maye as a consolation prize).  This can affect playoff positioning for teams lucky enough to play them late.  

Not sure there is a simple, or even any reasonable solution to this other than an NBA-style lottery, but it does bug me to see teams rewarded for deliberately trying to lose games.

I think ATL is gonna win that division.

Arthur Smith is a good offensive mind, they've got weapons and a good offensive line, and I think Ridder is a "game-manager-plus" type quarterback.

But yea, on the larger point you're making about tanking, I agree.

26 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hollywood Brown is pure ass.   The guy drops passes left right and center.

As for Kyler, the poster boy for not paying your QB unless you are 100% totally sure about him and he has actually accomplished something.

Wait...the homework clause didn't give it away? :D

• Upvote 1