Imagine if we actually signed this guy...

Bronx

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The guy has had a great career. I think he's  as big an ass as anyone but there is no denying the talent. 

He had three great seasons( the first three), two good seasons, three bad seasons, and one missed season. He hasn’t had a great season sine 2016 and played one full season in his career. Throw in his locker room and in field antics  and that is not a great career.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

He had three great seasons( the first three), two good seasons, three bad seasons, and one missed season. He hasn’t had a great season sine 2016 and played one full season in his career. Throw in his locker room and in field antics  and that is not a great career.

When this guy was healthy,  he was a top 3 WR. The 3 seasons you are talking about were the ones he was injured. Look, I don't  think he is a HOF candidate but I would take what he did on the Giants which was most of his career over any WR we have had in the last 10 years not named Wilson. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Yeah but that’s when the Jets weren’t serious about the season @FidelioJet

Look, I"m trying to remain positive and go down this road anymore, but since you brought it up...

You're saying this because he's on the "injury report" and "limited in practice" the day before the game? Give me a break.  He'll play and I suspect play well.

They absolutely should have signed him or any of the other top tier WR's on the market...

As someone else noted they're also going into this season with a HUGE ? at RT - with no starting caliber alternative.

16 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

17 and 20 he was injured and 21 he played for 2 teams ( Browns and Rams) In the NFCCG he dominated. 

I can find a WR who had a big game in a playoff game almost every season and was never anything before or since.  MVS dominated the AFCCG last season and is he great?  Or good?  Or fair?  

I know you love the guy, but he has gone twice as long without having a great season - 6 years  - as he did having great seasons (injuries unfortunately count ).  It's been almost 7 years and counting since he had a great season in 2016. That's a long time.  

And since the 2021 playoffs, he tore his ACL again and is two years older.  Why are we still talking about him?

53 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Look, I"m trying to remain positive and go down this road anymore, but since you brought it up...

You're saying this because he's on the "injury report" and "limited in practice" the day before the game? Give me a break.  He'll play and I suspect play well.

They absolutely should have signed him or any of the other top tier WR's on the market...

As someone else noted they're also going into this season with a HUGE ? at RT - with no starting caliber alternative.

John Cena Face GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

You pick the weirdest hills to die on. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

55 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

You pick the weirdest hills to die on. 

Nah.  I've been nothing but positive since camp started.  Off-season is over and, for me, it's time to get on board with the plan.

He came at me.

Moreover, a WR being "limited in practice" is no reason to be doing victory laps about a decision to pass on a good player.

He may work out, he may not - but him being limited in practice today has zero to do with it.

• WTF? 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He's going to do nothing this year and paying him 15 million would have been idiotic. 

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He's going to do nothing this year and paying him 15 million would have been idiotic. 

That may or may not be the case.  We'll see how the year plays out.

But him being "limited" in practice today is a non-issue and certainly not worthing of declaring victory on it's own thread.

It's silly.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Nah.  I've been nothing but positive since camp started.  Off-season is over and, for me, it's time to get on board with the plan.

He came at me.

Moreover, a WR being "limited in practice" is no reason to be doing victory laps about a decision to pass on a good player.

He may work out, he may not - but him being limited in practice today has zero to do with it.

First Zach, and now this loser. Yeah, no. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I can find a WR who had a big game in a playoff game almost every season and was never anything before or since.  MVS dominated the AFCCG last season and is he great?  Or good?  Or fair?  

I know you love the guy, but he has gone twice as long without having a great season - 6 years  - as he did having great seasons (injuries unfortunately count ).  It's been almost 7 years and counting since he had a great season in 2016. That's a long time.  

And since the 2021 playoffs, he tore his ACL again and is two years older.  Why are we still talking about him?

Hey, I didn't  start this thread. I jist think when about 3 hears ago when our best WR was Braxton Berrios,  we shouldn't  be spitting on a talent like OBJ. Also you are way off about his last great season. He has played 8 seasons. Was his only great season his rookie year? 

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Hey, I didn't  start this thread. I jist think when about 3 hears ago when our best WR was Braxton Berrios,  we shouldn't  be spitting on a talent like OBJ. Also you are way off about his last great season. He has played 8 seasons. Was his only great season his rookie year? 

He has been in the league 9 years. 2023 is year 10. You are overlooking that he didn’t play in 2022. His last great season was in 2016. That is 7 years ago. 

• Upvote 3