Sunday Ticket

Jet Fan RI

12 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

I bought the YouTube Sunday Ticket last April using my laptop. And the icon for accessing it appears on my laptop. But I'd like to access it on my Roku TV.  Anybody know how to do that?

Not sure, but perhaps through fire stick...that's how mine is setup anyway.

29 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Not sure, but perhaps through fire stick...that's how mine is setup anyway.

Thanks for the reply. But I am afraid I don't have a fire stick. Plus, I think I may have asked my question poorly. The thing is, I can see YouTube on my Roku TV, But there does not seem to be a way to log in so I can access any premium channels. All I see on YouTube when I am on the Roku is just the standard free stuff. So my question is more general. If I go to a different device than the one where I bought Sunday Ticket, how do I access Sunday Ticket?

2 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

But I do not have YouTube TV. Only the Sunday Ticket.

I’m in the same boat as you and I was curious and emailed them. Here is the response:

On Sundays starting 2 hours before the first game starts, there will be a live and upcoming shelf on the YouTube homepage for paid NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers that will show all the live and upcoming games for that day. You can also search for individual games you are interested in using the Search bar

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

But I do not have YouTube TV. Only the Sunday Ticket.

You need to download the YouTube app, not the YouTubeTV app.

Sign in to your account through the app on the tv and it should work.

You might also be able to cast it to your smart tv via the YouTube app on your phone.

54 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

You might also be able to cast it to your smart tv via the YouTube app on your phone.

I'm pretty sure you do need to download the You Tube TV app on your devices. Or, it's either or, but I downloaded the TV app and I'm set to go.

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

I would love to be able to sign in. Trouble is, when I click on the YouTube app on my TV, I am just sent right into it. No opportunity to log in. And no NFL premium channel. That only appears on my laptop, where I also do not need to log in.

If worse comes to worst, I am hoping I can use chromecast to get the games from my laptop onto the big screen. But there is a chance that will be blocked. Keepiing my fingers crossed it won't.

Either remove the you tube app from Roku and reinstall or do master reset on your Roku and it will ask you the first time you log in to YouTube to enter your account info. A code will pop up on your TV that you will have to enter in your phone or computer to give your TV access. Good luck👍

• Upvote 1

I will only add confusion to this, but this is what I have encountered:

Note on all this, I previously had Sunday Ticket on Directv. Also, I DO NOT have a YoutubeTV as a package for a base account of channel subscriptions.

-I purchased the Sunday Ticket AND Redzone package for this year. I downloaded the YoutubeTV app  and logged in with my gmail credentials and had it placed on my TV. I can now see on a shelf all the games at the top all of the games that I can watch on Sunday (excluding channels that are already7 broadcast in my local market (annoying). I believe I am set there.

-I had to set up the same thing for my mother in-law at her home. She purchased the only the Sunday ticket (not the redzone). I attempted to connect her YoutubeTV app to her account. It would not let me. I continued to log in, refresh, etc, etc. To no avail. I called Youtube customer service (they are horrible). They told me that the Sunday ticket is on Youtube (again not YoutubeTV). So, I believe she is set now to watch it on Youtube (fingers crossed).

The odd thing through all this is I can access Sunday ticket on MY youtubetv, but she is not. I am guessing that the difference is the inclusion of the Redzone(?). All very weird, and getting explanations is like pulling teeth.