Jump to content

***OFFICIAL WEEK ONE NON-JETS NFL GAMES DISCUSSION THREAD****


T0mShane

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We made it, even though if feels like this offseason was two years long. 
 

Early observations: NFLN should have kept Michael Irvin suspended, because he’s clearly not well and Eisen is doing his best to not walk off the set. 

IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4330.jpeg

IMG_4331.jpeg

Hard to take this post seriously unless you replace the asterisks with tildes in the subject line.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Maybe 2010 when they played in prime time against the Ravens to open the brand new MetLife?

Or was that a SNF game?  Can’t remember.  

Darnold's first game

a useful reminder about not making too much of week 1

 

and it was Monday night. 10-9. Refs jobbed us, IMHO

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Want to see Jags-Colts. Jags have OL issues, but everyone wants to anoint them because of Lawrence, and I’m interested to see if Anthony Richardson can play at all.

Count me amongst those who have anointed the Jags.  I realize they're still building but I think Trevor will get them among the elite teams.

I'm also interested in seeing if Richardson can play.  He's got great natural ability and he won the job in camp so he must be doing something right.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Want to see Jags-Colts. Jags have OL issues, but everyone wants to anoint them because of Lawrence, and I’m interested to see if Anthony Richardson can play at all.

I think Lawrence will be legit but crowning him after 8 good games feels dangerous. 

Don't crown these guys too early. Think of Mayfield

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, slimjasi said:

I think Lawrence will be legit but crowning him after 8 good games feels dangerous. 

Don't crown these guys too early. Think of Mayfield

Please don't compare Trevor to Baker.  I NEVER understood why people were so excited about Baker.  The guy has been a fraud since day 1.  No idea how he got taken #1 overall.

  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Darnold's first game

a useful reminder about not making too much of week 1

 

and it was Monday night. 10-9. Refs jobbed us, IMHO

Darnold's first game was MNF against the Lions where he threw a pick 6 to start his career but we still won the game easily.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Dustin Keller was also very nearly Ray Lewis’ third murder victim thanks to Sanchez leaving him out to dry.  

Bad Sanchez game. He struggled in that one. 

Three things I'll never forget -

My dad telling me that Sanchez looked like he wanted to throw up in warmpus (my dad says this about like 40% of the league, to be fair)

The Jets completely dominating the first half but somehow only being up 6-0 because of usual Jets silliness and some highly questionable calls. 

The Jets getting the ball back with plenty of time left for a game winning drive but Keller coming up one yard short of the sticks on 4th down with the game on the line. 

What was good was that we whooped the Patriots the following week 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m operating at roughly a 90 % accuracy rate when it comes to projecting QB prospect success but call a QB a running back ONE TIME

I couldn't imagine how things would've gone had the Jets taken Josh Allen.  The fanbase might've revolted because I think everyone was worried about him being inaccurate.  I don't think our fanbase would've been very patient had the guy struggled year 1 and 2.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Please don't compare Trevor to Baker.  I NEVER understood why people were so excited about Baker.  The guy has been a fraud since day 1.  No idea how he got taken #1 overall.

They were excited because he had an excellent rookie year and people overrated the roster around him. 

Lawrence is a much better prospect, but a lot of people loved Mayfield 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Bad Sanchez game. He struggled in that one. 

Three things I'll never forget -

My dad telling me that Sanchez looked like he wanted to throw up in warmpus (my dad says this about like 40% of the league, to be fair)

The Jets completely dominating the first half but somehow only being up 6-0 because of usual Jets silliness and some highly questionable calls. 

The Jets getting the ball back with plenty of time left for a game winning drive but Keller coming up one yard short of the sticks on 4th down with the game on the line. 

What was good was that we whooped the Patriots the following week 

 

Took me a few seconds to figure out you meant "warm-ups".  I was like "warm pus???"

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...