***OFFICIAL WEEK ONE NON-JETS NFL GAMES DISCUSSION THREAD****

T0mShane

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

One of the weirdest hype trains I've ever seen. Eighth-best MVP odds, chatter about a Jalen Hurts-type leap, all for a guy who was a worse passer than Zach Wilson last year.

Though Love didn't really blow my skirt up either.

I thought that, with Moore, they’d at least prop up Fields to a Daniel Jones level, but holy sh*t that was bad. It felt like that Covid game where the Broncos had to start their backup slot receiver at CB. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I thought that, with Moore, they’d at least prop up Fields to a Daniel Jones level, but holy sh*t that was bad. It felt like that Covid game where the Broncos had to start their backup slot receiver at CB. 

It's all a mess. People out here are killing the OC because the gameplan was basically 1st down run/2nd down flare screen/3rd down ???, but the OL is terrible and none of the guys outside of Moore and (maybe) Mooney can get open, so playing bombs away really isn't an option. But the real problem, which I think Bears fans recognize but are too depressed to say out loud, is that Fields just isn't good. He's still not seeing the field, still holding the ball forever, still lowering his eyes at the first sign of pressure, and now he's 5-21 as a starter. The org is dysfunctional, the coaching is abysmal, and his teammates have been subpar, but at some point a guy just is what he is.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

It's all a mess. People out here are killing the OC because the gameplan was basically 1st down run/2nd down flare screen/3rd down ???, but the OL is terrible and none of the guys outside of Moore and (maybe) Mooney can get open, so playing bombs away really isn't an option. But the real problem, which I think Bears fans recognize but are too depressed to say out loud, is that Fields just isn't good. He's still not seeing the field, still holding the ball forever, still lowering his eyes at the first sign of pressure, and now he's 5-21 as a starter. The org is dysfunctional, the coaching is abysmal, and his teammates have been subpar, but at some point a guy just is what he is.

Classic case of a run first qb who can be beaten by making him throw enough passes with the understanding there will be turnovers that will more than offset the big runs.  The colts are about to find this out as well.

12 hours ago, Biggs said:

Season ticket holder sitting in that rain getting home at 2AM might have a different take.  An epic home beat down by a division opponent in a national telivised game.   The owners are getting hate mail this week and they deserve it.  Not to mention every Giant fan who made any kind of bet on anything Giants last night is on a bread line today.   

ayedn.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jetsons said:

again, emotion 👍

You can tally it up to emotion all you want, but people here still think the Jets are going to blow the Bills out. My statement holds true, and people shouldn't get so confident, especially with week 1.

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Fun Fact. The Jets are one of two teams that did not lose Sunday. 

Well, the Lions, Chiefs, Browns, Ravens, Buccaneers, Falcons, Commanders, Jaguars, 49ers, Saints, Raiders, Eagles, Rams, Packers, Dolphins, Cowboys, Jets, and Bills all did not lose Sunday.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Oof. Nice job by McDaniel but just confirmation of @win4ever’s point that if everything doesn’t go according to the pre-game plan Staley is clueless. Going on decades now of the Chargers throwing away talented rosters due in large part to poor coaching.

Yeah, it's actually weird for a franchise to have that level of talent for quite some time and pretty much have nothing to show for it.  

HoF QB in Brees, a possible borderline HoF QB in Rivers, a HoF RB in Tomlinson, talented receivers, yet always disappointing.  Even now, they have an excellent QB, two possible No. 1 type WRs, a very good RB, and still find ways to lose.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

How can they be killing the OC* when Fields doesn’t even seem to bother working through his progressions? I never even saw him turn his head or reset his feet on his dropbacks. It was like he’d take the snap, wait for the LBs to drift back into their coverages, and then run—but he’d decided to do this before even taking the snap. Just bizarre. 

*As a Jets fan and Zach Wilson Scholar, I am actually aware of how and why fans blame the OC for terrible QBs.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How can they be killing the OC* when Fields doesn’t even seem to bother working through his progressions? I never even saw him turn his head or reset his feet on his dropbacks. It was like he’d take the snap, wait for the LBs to drift back into their coverages, and then run—but he’d decided to do this before even taking the snap. Just bizarre. 

*As a Jets fan and Zach Wilson Scholar, I am actually aware of how and why fans blame the OC for terrible QBs.

I see what you did there.