I resign as C of Jet Nation

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Btw what Gastineau just did?  Tame compared to what we've seen on the Mafia forum.  You guys missed out.  I'm desensitized to emo meltdowns at this point.

@The Crusher @JiF @Pac @Integrity28 @jgb @Drums @Bleedin Green @deckerfan @HessStation @Hal @Hal N of Provo @Arsis @Beaver @Spoot-Face @Greenseed4 @Jets Voice of Reason @Nolder @Doggin94it @AVM @jvill 51 @Stark @CTM @GATA @SMC @ZachEY @Jetscode1 @Smashmouth @kdels62 @Verbal 

Maybe we can fire teh Mafia Goodness back up again one more time with the way this season has started....

Remember the JN QB search mafia game this off season… Zach Wilson won the starting job @Hal

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Remember the JN QB search mafia game this off season… Zach Wilson won the starting job @Hal

crystal ball love GIF by HERSHEY’S Cookies ’n’ Creme

@Barry McCockinner

AI-generated Jets themed Mafia game:

Mafia Game: The Jets' Doomsday Chronicles

Setting: A dimly lit room in the heart of New York. The walls are adorned with faded posters of Jets' glory days, now all but forgotten. The air is thick with tension as key members of the Jets’ organization gather around a circular table. The city's fate, intertwined with the Jets', seems to rest on their shoulders.

Narrator: "New York Jets, once a symbol of hope and glory, have been plunged into darkness. The city's heart stopped when the star quarterback, Aaron Rodgers, went down with a devastating injury, taking with him any hopes of a victorious season. The Mafia has taken advantage of this moment of weakness, infiltrating the organization and pulling the strings behind the scenes. As night falls, the Jets must identify these nefarious influences before all hope is lost."

• Haha 1

Roles:

1. The Star Players: These are the innocent players, the backbone of the team, desperately trying to keep the Jets' spirit alive despite all odds. They try to identify the Mafioso by day.

2. The Infiltrators (Mafia): Secret operatives sent by rival teams to sabotage the Jets from within. Every night, they meet in secret and decide on a player to 'injure', thereby weakening the team further.

3. The Medical Staff (Doctor): Once per night, they can choose a player to 'protect', preventing them from getting injured by the Mafia.

4. The Insider (Cop): Using their deep connections within the organization, they investigate one player per night, discovering if they are an Infiltrator or not.

Game Play:

1. Night: The room goes dark. The Infiltrators silently decide on a player to 'injure'. The Medical Staff tries to predict their move and 'protect' one player. The Insider silently chooses one player to investigate.

2. Day: The Narrator reveals which player has been 'injured' during the night, if any. Then, all players discuss and vote on who they believe is an Infiltrator, aiming to expel them from the organization.

Winning Conditions:

• For the Star Players: Identify and expel all the Infiltrators before they outnumber or equal the remaining players.

• For the Infiltrators: 'Injure' enough Star Players so that they equal or outnumber the remaining players.

Narrative Emphasis: The game should be played with an air of melancholy, emphasizing the tragic state of the Jets. Players are encouraged to share "memories" of better days, lament the current state of affairs, and speculate on the dark forces that brought them here.

Closing Scene: The game ends with a reflection on the Jets' journey, emphasizing the fragile nature of hope, the weight of expectation, and the inevitability of fate. Whether they prevail or crumble, the Jets will forever remain a symbol of the city's undying spirit.

Now create a Zach Wilson themed Mafia game. Zach Wilson sucks at quarterbacking.

ChatGPT

Mafia Game: Zach Wilson's QB Quandary

Setting: The turbulent training grounds of the New York Jets. There's an air of unrest and uncertainty, as the once-touted prodigy, Zach Wilson, seems to be underperforming on the field. Whispers circulate that there are saboteurs within the ranks, trying to undermine the young quarterback and throw the season.

Narrator: "The Jets are in disarray. Zach Wilson, once seen as the savior, is now riddled with doubt and inconsistent plays. But what if his failures aren't all his own doing? Rumors say there are those who wish to see him fail, working in the shadows. As the sun sets, the true game begins off the field."

• Post of the Week 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Btw what Gastineau just did?  Tame compared to what we've seen on the Mafia forum.  You guys missed out.  I'm desensitized to emo meltdowns at this point.

@The Crusher @JiF @Pac @Integrity28 @jgb @Drums @Bleedin Green @deckerfan @HessStation @Hal @Hal N of Provo @Arsis @Beaver @Spoot-Face @Greenseed4 @Jets Voice of Reason @Nolder @Doggin94it @AVM @jvill 51 @Stark @CTM @GATA @SMC @ZachEY @Jetscode1 @Smashmouth @kdels62 @Verbal 

Maybe we can fire teh Mafia Goodness back up again one more time with the way this season has started....

What did that nutbag do this time, lol?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Gastineau quit the board for 5 months when we didn't secure the # 1 pick/Trevor Lawrence in 2020 only to return as one of JN's top 5 biggest Zach Wilson fans/defenders.

He'll be back.  In a new, fun iteration.  However that looks.

It's both scary and titillating to know we haven't seen his final form yet.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We can do an Aaron Rodgers theme game where we have to find the Achilles tendon before it ruptures and kills us all.

• Haha 1

Although it was short, I will always appreciate your support under my leadership.  We accomplished more in a week then most do in a lifetime.

Blame vinny, blame Hoffa, but after another achilles, I am just not mentally fit to lead you anymore.

I trust you will be in good hands w/ whomever is your next leader.  Until we meet again, I leave you with an irish blessing:

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind be always at your back. 

May the sun shine warm upon your face; 

the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again, 

may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

2 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

@Maxman Hey Phil, I'm done with your site. It's been taken over by assholes and jerkoffs. 

See you at the games. But **** all of these people. It's a cesspool. It's like everything that sucks about twitter on steroids.

This post, in this thread, given your others posts, may be one of the most unintentionally ironic posts ever on JN.

The only person ranting, raving, foaming at the mouth in twitter-like anger...is you.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This post, in this thread, given your others posts, may be one of the most unintentionally ironic posts ever on JN.

The only person ranting, raving, foaming at the mouth in twitter-like anger...is you.

If I had known he was serious, I would’ve really let him have it!

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

If the committee wants raw, unfiltered Zachophilia it will choose @Dunnie. But the thinking man’s choice is @Hal.

Dunnie undoubtedly has a much greater chance of meltdown though.

Decisions, decisions.

@Dunnie or my favorite option: 

@T0mShane trying to be positive and reasonable.   This one pleases me on many levels.  

• Haha 2