Jump to content

Tank is on- It's Caleb Williams season


Recommended Posts

You actually can’t tank with this Rodgerless roster.. we’re too talented to get a top 5 pick but not nearly good enough to make the playoffs. Be prepared to watch this 2 year window dwindle away while we go 6-11 and 7-10. Mutiny will rise with Rodgers hurt. The coaches are going to lose trust from the players. The defense is going to play without heart. It’s going to suck. Idk what’s next for us and don’t really care in this moment. May the Gods allow a miracle and give us Rodgers back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

You actually can’t tank with this Rodgerless roster.. we’re too talented to get a top 5 pick but not nearly good enough to make the playoffs. Be prepared to watch this 2 year window dwindle away while we go 6-11 and 7-10. Mutiny will rise with Rodgers hurt. The coaches are going to lose trust from the players. The defense is going to play without heart. It’s going to suck. Idk what’s next for us and don’t really care in this moment. May the Gods allow a miracle and give us Rodgers back.

That’s a bit much. Defense played hard last year with an offense 5x worse than this one(no AVT, no Breece, no Becton, no Cook)

 

As far as I’m concerned, all the Rodgers injury does is delay the window. Some people wanted a stop gap and draft one of the 2024 QBs. It looks like now that’s what will happen, minus the stopgap. 
 

I get that Rodgers getting hurt absolutely sucks and completely ****s our hope for this year, but let’s not act like our future is ****ed too. This is a young team with a lot of good young players. One thing we lacked was a good young QB to grow with this group. 
 

I will say though, there is zero room for error with the next QB draft pick. Get it right or JD is done, regardless of how well he’s drafted outside of the QB position. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bonkertons said:

That’s a bit much. Defense played hard last year with an offense 5x worse than this one(no AVT, no Breece, no Becton, no Cook)

 

As far as I’m concerned, all the Rodgers injury does is delay the window. Some people wanted a stop gap and draft one of the 2024 QBs. It looks like now that’s what will happen, minus the stopgap. 
 

I get that Rodgers getting hurt absolutely sucks and completely ****s our hope for this year, but let’s not act like our future is ****ed too. This is a young team with a lot of good young players. One thing we lacked was a good young QB to grow with this group. 
 

I will say though, there is zero room for error with the next QB draft pick. Get it right or JD is done, regardless of how well he’s drafted outside of the QB position. 

I’m grieving

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

I’m grieving

I feel ya brother, I feel ya. I’m trying to keep it together best I can and our young guys plus now being able to keep our 1st is really the only thing that’s doing it. It’s still probably the worst Jets day I’ve ever had in my life, which is saying something. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

If I'm a rookie, no way I go to the Jets.  I make as huge a stink as possible, worse than Eli.

I mean I get this is a “haha hehe Jets suck” meme and whatever, but why?  Whoever picks first is going to suck ass.  Jets at least have a core in place. Plus the allure of NY. Or is it more of a “ they’re cursed” type thing?  Because I can get that, tbh. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bonkertons said:

I mean I get this is a “haha hehe Jets suck” meme and whatever, but why?  Whoever picks first is going to suck ass.  Jets at least have a core in place. Plus the allure of NY. Or is it more of a “ they’re cursed” type thing?  Because I can get that, tbh. 

How many QBs have they gone through in the last 5 years?

Now they have to have cap hits for Zach, huge hit for years for Aaron, which will hinder the team.   O line is still a mess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, chirorob said:

How many QBs have they gone through in the last 5 years?

Now they have to have cap hits for Zach, huge hit for years for Aaron, which will hinder the team.   O line is still a mess.

OL is far from a mess, c’mon. Just because Zach panic reads doesn’t mean it’s a mess. Even still, how many teams picking 1st overall have an OL that isn’t a mess?  You’re acting like the other teams in contention for 1st overall, when compared to them we ARE the dream scenario. Even if you think the OL is garbage: elite D, elite RB, elite WR. 
 

And why would Williams care about how many QBs we’ve gone through?  If anything you’d think that would be motivation for a kid to come here and want to be the guy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

OL is far from a mess, c’mon. Just because Zach panic reads doesn’t mean it’s a mess. Even still, how many teams picking 1st overall have an OL that isn’t a mess?  You’re acting like the other teams in contention for 1st overall, when compared to them we ARE the dream scenario. Even if you think the OL is garbage: elite D, elite RB, elite WR. 
 

And why would Williams care about how many QBs we’ve gone through?  If anything you’d think that would be motivation for a kid to come here and want to be the guy. 

The OL is a complete mess.  It was the #1 problem tonight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...