I think he’ll retire off of this

Viermoo

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Really is a kick in the balls.  First offseason we get through relatively injury free, only to have the most catastrophic injury possible occur 4 plays into week 1.

The win is nice but the New York Jets are cursed.

Cursed ? Sadly it's the 1st thing I thought of. 

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Really is a kick in the balls.  First offseason we get through relatively injury free, only to have the most catastrophic injury possible occur 4 plays into week 1.

The win is nice but the New York Jets are cursed.

To have history repeat itself with Vinny in99 is really incredible. That could only happen to us twice!

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

A “dream” that will cost us millions in dead cap and the 2024 2nd round pick still. We’re effectively crippled without the asset we crippled ourselves for.

Are the dead cap hits that big if he puts in his retirement papers?

I truly believe if this is it for him he will retire and instantly become a very minor equity owner of the Jets 2-3%.  Think they already have a hand shake agreement.

4 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Are the dead cap hits that big if he puts in his retirement papers?

I truly believe if this is it for him he will retire and instantly become a very minor equity owner of the Jets 2-3%.  Think they already have a hand shake agreement.

What has he done to deserve equity? 

Jeez Louise 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Viermoo said:

The amount of effort he put into getting here and leading what he thought was going to be a championship team, to have it end like this is a lot for a man of his means to want to do again.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It's not impossible for a guy who claimed a couple weeks ago that he wanted to play here for a few years. 

In '99, Testaverde was 35 going on 36 and busted his Achilles and came back next year. 

Aaron is only 4 years older than that.

I wouldn't rule it out.

• Upvote 1

It’s tough to say.

He’s going to have to rehab the injury, regardless of his future in the NFL.  The Jets will be getting their first round pick back and, unless Wilson finally has everything click (a debate for another day), they will almost definitely want to use that pick on a QB, regardless of whether or not Aaron wants to return, hampering the ability to draft around him.  I highly doubt the Jets will want to go into next season with a 40 year old QB, who will be coming off an achilles injury, and Zach Wilson if Rodgers does opt for a comeback.

Ultimately, it will come down to whether or not Aaron wants to go out like this.  That’s not something I expect to know in the next 24-48 hours.

• Upvote 1