We keep our first rounder

FidelioJet

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

For as good as the Jamal Adams trade was that's how bad the Aaron Rodgers trade was 

It’s not like there was a perfectly capable QB that was a free agent that they brought in for a visit and called a future Hall of Famer. The Jets literally had only one option. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

For as good as the Jamal Adams trade was that's how bad the Aaron Rodgers trade was 

In hindsight, yes. But JD and Saleh are in desperation mode to hook Woody into contract extensions. Choosing an epic bust with the highest pick the organization has had in 25 years has (negative) consequences.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

High second round draft pick instead of low first rounder ... guess it's better than nothing.

At least JD held out on the guaranteed first.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Worst outcome for the pack is that rodgers is injured but the jets win.  

As bit said this is a good qb class and with the jets keeping their 1st rounder and rodgers likely done, this team is clearly in the qb hunt round 1.  

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

As bit said this is a good qb class and with the jets keeping their 1st rounder and rodgers likely done, this team is clearly in the qb hunt round 1.  

Why? To throw another rookie QB behind a terrible OL? We need the OL first. We always have and always will. There’s a logical order of doing things before wasting resources on a QB. I can’t watch this movie again and we have verifiable proof that this is the case after the last 15 years. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Philosophical question ... is GB's worst outcome also our own worst outcome? As in, we win enough to be out of reach of a preferred QB and either settle for what's left? Or settle for Zach because "progress"?

I'm now expecting Max will need a dedicated server for all the tank gifs / memes that will be getting posted here. :-(  

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

Why? To throw another rookie QB behind a terrible OL? We need the OL first. We always have and always will. There’s a logical order of doing things before wasting resources on a QB. I can’t watch this movie again and we have verifiable proof that this is the case after the last 15 years. 

Rodgers likely won’t be ready next year if he even returns and if wilson implodes (and who thinks he won’t?), they still need to address qb.  This is a good qb class and still the best chance they have of getting a franchise qb which is still the main goal in the draft.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, jamesr said:

Philosophical question ... is GB's worst outcome also our own worst outcome? As in, we win enough to be out of reach of a preferred QB and either settle for what's left? Or settle for Zach because "progress"?

I'm now expecting Max will need a dedicated server for all the tank gifs / memes that will be getting posted here. :-(  

Gb needed the first round pick so they’re already pissed.  Each game the jets win hurts that 2nd rounder.  And the jets need that 1st rounder for a qb.  So maybe a lose lose. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Rodgers likely won’t be ready next year if he even returns and if wilson implodes (and who thinks he won’t?), they still need to address qb.  This is a good qb class and still the best chance they have of getting a franchise qb which is still the main goal in the draft.  

What does this mean?  That there are 2 highly touted QBs?  Neither of which we'll have a chance to draft?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I hear you and that sounds good in theory but I’ve seen this play out way too many times already. The OL has plagued us since 2010 (coincidentally the last time a  rookie/2nd year QB looked good for us). Then we invested premium resources into good QB draft prospects and didn’t even give them a chance to succeed due to terrible OL play.

This has gone on for 13 years now and we chewed through multiple top QB picks. I refuse to share this line of thinking or agree. Sorry. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I hear you and that sounds good in theory but I’ve seen this play out way too many times already. The OL has plagued us since 2010 (coincidentally the last time a  rookie/2nd year QB looked good for us). Then we invested premium resources into good QB draft prospects and didn’t even give them a chance to succeed due to terrible OL play.

This has gone on for 13 years now and we chewed through multiple top QB picks. I refuse to share this line of thinking or agree. Sorry. 

I understand but it’s all we have, the hope we draft a good qb.  That ends so much of this misery, no more overpaying for other teams’ crap and no more ZW.  The run blocking has been good so the OL isn’t a disaster.  I hope the jets figure out that they need to do a lot of shorter throws to the rbs and TEs.  Get the ball out of Wilson’s hands quickly and don’t have him trying to read the middle of the field. 

But now it does appear the jets are a prime qb draft destination.

• Sign a QB to start next year.
  • trade the 2025 first round pick with the 2024 first round pick to get a higher 2024 first round pick and pick a QB.
  • Let the interim QB play behind the developing line while the new QB learns.  
  • Rodgers will want nothing to do with this team since they used their draft capital to draft another QB.
  • That is really the only hope I can see for the future. 

1 hour ago, pointman said:

What did he do to keep it?

How about letting him coach out the season.  I would say last night's game is a strong factor, currently, for him to keep his job. The Jets could have easily packed it in after the incredible deflating injury. This game looked like a clear loss at halftime.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They’re not taking one mid Rd 1 with Rodgers and Wilson’s contracts still on the books.  

I think they most certainly will if they have the 13th pick and there’s a qb there and rodgers may never play another meaningful snap again and wilson seems destined to not be on the roster in 2024.

13 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think they most certainly will if they have the 13th pick and there’s a qb there and rodgers may never play another meaningful snap again and wilson seems destined to not be on the roster in 2024.

it was worth trading Darnold because of the compensation received, but my guess is that no team is offering the same for Zach Wilson.  Thus, you keep him in 2024 and let him play QB while the rookie QB learns.  

16 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

There won't be a QB there and they don't have the ammo to move up for one.  

Midround QB is probably the best we can hope for.

And in any case do we really want Joe Douglas picking yet ANOTHER QB early?  After James Morgan and Zach Wilson?