I Just Feel Bad For All Of US!

SoFlaJets

I don't want to hear anything about a "curse". or anything about Joe Namath selling his soul to the devil. All of that crap is nothing but that: crap. We the fans deserve better, we don't deserve what happened to us again. But how many of us in our hearts somewhere somehow KNEW this would happen? I know I did. The one thing that I didn't want to see happen in the 2023 season happened. The worst thing that we could imagine we would have to to sit through, watching another game of Zach Wilson, we got it last night. The game's WORST quarterback is standing there, taking snaps again as our starter. It is exactly like 1999 all over again. All summer long I was saying don't make the same mistake that Parcells made in 99, HAVE a backup QB, JUST. IN. CASE. What does Douglas do? With over 20 million in salary cap money, there are options to be had out there, but Douglas makes the two most glaring mistakes that have cost us a season-again. Going with an OL with a gimpy LT who wasn't tested all spring and summer, and not setting us up with  an NFL-quality quarterback-This one is on the Jets and whoever it is who decided that Wilson was good enough to be the starter in case. Personally, I suspect Woody Johnson-again.

• Upvote 1

Whata's the point of starting Zach Wilson next week? Are they STILL trying to prove something about not making a horrible mistake when they wasted the 2nd pick in the draft on the WORST QB in the NFL today on an incompetent player?There's no way this QB can win a football game in Dallas next week

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Whata's the point of starting Zach Wilson next week? Are they STILL trying to prove something about not making a horrible mistake when they wasted the 2nd pick in the draft on the WORST QB in the NFL today on an incompetent player?There's no way this QB can win a football game in Dallas next week

Who's the alternative?  We would've been underdogs with Rodgers next week.  Let ZW take his lumps and get someone in here who can hopefully get up to speed for NE . . .

I feel bad for those who bought into the hype. My PTSD from being a fan of this team didn't allow me to get hyped for this trade or season.

I'm glad they got the disappointment out of the way early though, so I don't get emotional invested in the season. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Jolot said:

We are cursed and Joe Namath sold his soul to the devil , if we had 5 Anthony Munoz’ on the O Line Rodgers would have been struck by lightning 

I am convinced of the same.  Or RG Anthony Munoz would have had some weird personal vendetta against Rodgers and let his assignment have a free lane at full speed.

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I agree.  It sucks...I feel bad for all of us...it's not a curse (although it's kinda weird the way this sh*t happens)

When all is said and done we need a new owner.  And that owner needs to find a quality GM.

Getting a new owner is never happening though. 

What can be done is JD working the phones to bring in a guy who can make things happen at qb.

There’s no perfect option and each name mentioned has his flaws but give me a Cousins/Jameis type qb over watching Zach. Next week against the cowboys will be brutal. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Color me crazy, but I was the one guy who was saying that we should have signed Derek Carr BECAUSE of his durability and numbers that were equal to and in many cases BETTER than Fitz' big season.

I watched the saints game on Sunday and Carr was poor. As was Tannehill who we were also linked to prior to Rodgers. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Gio-Jets said:

Getting a new owner is never happening though. 

What can be done is JD working the phones to bring in a guy who can make things happen at qb.

There’s no perfect option and each name mentioned has his flaws but give me a Cousins/Jameis type qb over watching Zach. Next week against the cowboys will be brutal. 

Yes to both.

Owner isn't going anywhere

Joe Douglas has to bring in a QB (but that QB realistically isn't taking this team anywhere)

Woody needs to start working on the next GM now.  No more first timers, go out and pay whatever it takes to bring in someone that's had success in the past.

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Color me crazy, but I was the one guy who was saying that we should have signed Derek Carr BECAUSE of his durability and numbers that were equal to and in many cases BETTER than Fitz' big season.

Yes.  Carr was probably the better choice.  Cheeper in both cash (not by much after the give back) and picks, younger with more longevity. 

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes to both.

Owner isn't going anywhere

Joe Douglas has to bring in a QB (but that QB realistically isn't taking this team anywhere)

Woody needs to start working on the next GM now.  No more first timers, go out and pay whatever it takes to bring in someone that's had success in the past.

As long as those huge tv contracts keep coming in there’s no owner who’s want to sell an NFL team. Woody isn’t going anyway like you said! 

As for JD….he’s created a talented team there’s do debating that. Some decisions I haven’t agreed with but overall he went all in on Rodgers. Unfortunately for us all it dramatically backfired. 

Like the poster who created the thread I just feel deflated and cheated almost. Just a shame we don’t get the rub of the green other teams do. 

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

I don't want to hear anything about a "curse". or anything about Joe Namath selling his soul to the devil. All of that crap is nothing but that: crap. We the fans deserve better, we don't deserve what happened to us again. But how many of us in our hearts somewhere somehow KNEW this would happen? I know I did. The one thing that I didn't want to see happen in the 2023 season happened. The worst thing that we could imagine we would have to to sit through, watching another game of Zach Wilson, we got it last night. The game's WORST quarterback is standing there, taking snaps again as our starter. It is exactly like 1999 all over again. All summer long I was saying don't make the same mistake that Parcells made in 99, HAVE a backup QB, JUST. IN. CASE. What does Douglas do? With over 20 million in salary cap money, there are options to be had out there, but Douglas makes the two most glaring mistakes that have cost us a season-again. Going with an OL with a gimpy LT who wasn't tested all spring and summer, and not setting us up with  an NFL-quality quarterback-This one is on the Jets and whoever it is who decided that Wilson was good enough to be the starter in case. Personally, I suspect Woody Johnson-again.

Karma is a bitch.

Jet fans were prancing about like peacocks all weekend, making fun of other teams annd players, especially in the Sunday game threads.

The football gods took notice, and decided we were not deserving.

• Thumb Down 1

Karma is a bitch.
Jet fans were prancing about like peacocks all weekend, making fun of other teams annd players, especially in the Sunday game threads.

Everyone made fun of the giants— every single person laughed and memed them yet their teams did not lose their QB. This is utter nonsense

You have become much known among our people,  Spock  Aaron. Almost a legend. And as the years went by, I came to know that I did not want to be the consort of a legend. But by the laws of Joe W Namath our people, I could only divorce you him by the kal-if-fee. There was also Stonn, Zach who wanted very much to be my consort, and I wanted him.

If  your Captain JGB, Fantasy Island or JetsFan80 were victor, he they would not want me, and so I would have Zach Stonn. If you Rodgers was victor you he would free me because I had dared to challenge, and again I would have Zach Stonn. But if you Aaron did not free me, it would be the same. For you he would be gone, and I would have your name his Memory and Broadway Tickets your property, and Stonn Zach would still be there.

😄 - The sky didn't fall, today is a new day ... and the team is loaded.  Lets get some.

Edited by Dunnie

47 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Karma is a bitch.

That's a crock of $hit if I ever read it. No one was "prancing around like peacocks" They gathered up a lost season's worth of bad karma for what? Saying what? Where was it said?

52 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Karma is a bitch.

Yes because fans of other teams and sports are famously reserved in the pleasure derived from the failure of rivals.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Gio-Jets said:

I watched the saints game on Sunday and Carr was poor. As was Tannehill who we were also linked to prior to Rodgers. 

I would have taken any one of these seasons this year. This was what I would post before the deal was made for ARod They sure look good to me now compared to Dunnie's boyfriend Zachy Poo Wilson threw a horrendous pass that Garrett Wilson was playing defense on and it tipped its way into Garrett's hands

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 8.18.46 PM.jpeg

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I would have taken any one of these seasons this year. This was what I would post before the deal was made for ARod They sure look good to me now compared to Dunnie's boyfriend Zachy Poo Wilson threw a horrendous pass that Garrett Wilson was playing defense on and it tipped its way into Garrett's hands

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 8.18.46 PM.jpeg

In retrospect of course those numbers are better than we’ve had during that same time frame.

But we couldn’t have anticipated what happened last night. JD wanted Rodgers and got him. What has now transpired is just sh*t for us all. 

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Karma is a bitch.

The Jets won a division game.   The team played with a ton of heart.  I’m a fan of this team.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The Jets won a division game.   The team played with a ton of heart.  I’m a fan of this team.  

Me too. I was there last night, and I went home very happy and proud of what this team did. Great win!

it’s funny how the fans in my section (older and wiser I guess?) were nothing like a lot of the posters here who went from banging their chests to whimpering SOJ’s in 24 hours. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Me too. I was there last night, and I went home very happy and proud of what this team did. Great win!

it’s funny how the fans in my section (older and wiser I guess?) were nothing like a lot of the posters here who went from banging their chests back to whimpering SOJ’s in 24 hours. 

That was as gutsy a win by any Jets team I've ever seen.  I also watched Saleh press confrence.  Total hang dog.  This was the players hanging together.  It's a great locker room.  This is a team we should get behind. 

• Upvote 1