Beat Dallas, Rally Round the Family

T0mShane

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woke up this morning to see the predictable Ringer/ESPN leeches had fired off late night tweets celebrating the Aaron Rodgers injury and very little discussion about how the Jets defense—once again—face-****ed a team many of those same worms had picked for the Super Bowl. The Jets turned the Bills inside out last night, and won a game they had no business even being in. Do the Jets need to paste together a QB? Yes. Are they going to be able to compete in the meantime? Yes. 

The Cowboys blew out the Giants 40-0, but did so while doing nothing on offense against a patchwork Giants defense with two rookies at corner and journeymen LBs. Dak threw for 143 yards. In total, the Cowboys only eked out 265 yards of offense. 

Looking ahead, we get the Pats offense, the Eagles offense which looked like sh*t against the Pats, and a Chiefs offense that couldn’t move the ball against the Lions. The Jets are going to in all of these games unless Zach Wilson goes on an interception spree. 

The Doomerism is unfounded and pathetic. Don’t feed into it. Go Jets.

Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

• Haha 1

Woke up this morning to see the predictable Ringer/ESPN leeches had fired off late night tweets celebrating the Aaron Rodgers injury and very little discussion about how the Jets defense—once again—face-****ed a team many of those same worms had picked for the Super Bowl. The Jets turned the Bills inside out last night, and won a game they had no business even being in. Do the Jets need to paste together a QB? Yes. Are they going to be able to compete in the meantime? Yes. 
The Cowboys blew out the Giants 40-0, but did so while doing nothing on offense against a patchwork Giants defense with two rookies at corner and journeymen LBs. Dak threw for 143 yards. In total, the Cowboys only eked out 265 yards of offense. 
Looking ahead, we get the Pats offense, the Eagles offense which looked like sh*t against the Pats, and a Chiefs offense that couldn’t move the ball against the Lions. The Jets are going to in all of these games unless Zach Wilson goes on an interception spree. 

We will be competitive almost every week and still win 8-9 games , next week with Zach under center could be one of those games were not competitive. But I will say even Zach was 3-1 when Breece was healthy , the kid is a freak just dusts himself off after an acl tear and has 109 yards on his first two Carries . Team is so talented we can win any game , that’s what makes this just so totally miserable , Rodgers didn’t even have to be Rodgers , he really barely had to be anything more than average and protect the football . Awful

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Round the family?

T0mShane 2.0. 

Who Are You Noel GIF by AbsoluteRadio

I might like it.

I don’t like it . Times like this we need real leaders ….we need Tom to be Tom and remind everyone that we would have a better chance at beating Dallas with my German Shepherd playing QB than Zach . No fake bravado, now is not the time . 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

A great game to see if the jets coaches know how to gameplan

It will be a good test as to whether Zach has actually made progress or if he's going to revert to doing laps in the backfield. He started doing that crap a couple times last night. If he tries it against the Cowboys it will be really ugly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It will be a good test as to whether Zach has actually made progress or if he's going to revert to doing laps in the backfield. He started doing that crap a couple times last night. If he tries it against the Cowboys it will be really ugly.

2nd half was encouraging.  Just don’t have faith.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I agree with you. 

People are devastated and I think probably trying to lower expectations as much as possible in order to cope with this tragedy. 

But this team is a better version of one that went 7-10 last year with no hall, AVT, Becton, and Brown playing through torn rotator cuffs

The path forward in the immediate future is to be a modernized version of the 2009-2010 team. 

The good news: I think this defense is better than Rex's defenses. Those defenses were statistically better but these defenses play a style more conducive to shutting down top QBs. This team also has Breece Hall and Garrett Wilson - who are better than any skill-position players the Jets had in 2009, IMO. 

The bad news: Sadly, I think Wilson is worse than Sanchez. Hopefully, I'm wrong

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Looking ahead, we get the Pats offense, the Eagles offense which looked like sh*t against the Pats, and a Chiefs offense that couldn’t move the ball against the Lions. The Jets are going to be in all of these games unless Zach Wilson goes on an interception spree. 

The Jets are going to be in all of these games unless Zach Wilson goes on an interception spree. 

Great optimistic post, except I am wondering about your view in Zach which I put in bold and underlined and italicized. 

Just wondering, did you watch Invasion of The Body Snatchers after the game? @T0mShane has been taken over by aliens! 

IMG_1890.jpeg

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who are you and what have you done with Tom? 

20 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Round the family?

T0mShane 2.0. 

Who Are You Noel GIF by AbsoluteRadio

I might like it.

Can't be worse.

Just read someone on a Dallas forum saying that with Rodgers they would probably pass more and in the few pass plays he took  and our O line couldn't protect him. That would play into the D line strength in getting to the QB. He then said with Wilson they will run more, as we did last night, and stopping the run is the only Dallas weakness. He expects a close game which I do as well.

Also my very rational Dallas fan brother in-law predicts a 16-13 final score, didn't say who wins. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I like the logic and the confidence. But we are still devastated. We didn't get to the see The Savior complete one pass. And now we are stuck with Baby Face. Watching him play QB is one of the most frustrating endeavors anyone can withstand. It's purely awful. They have to dumb down the game for him, simplifying it to child's level so he can even begin to know what to. Just think Jacksonville game. That's our whole season. It's beyond awful. I think Dallas will blow our doors off.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

The Jets are going to be in all of these games unless Zach Wilson goes on an interception spree. 

Great optimistic post, except I am wondering about your view in Zach which I put in bold and underlined and italicized. 

Just wondering, did you watch Invasion of The Body Snatchers after the game? @T0mShane has been taken over by aliens! 

IMG_1890.jpeg

He got that prototype vaccine for “the disease.” Side effects are hair growth on the tongue and pebble-sized testicles 

• Haha 1