This season might quickly spiral downward

TuscanyTile2

Dallas just kicked the crap out of the Giants.  Our OL was pathetic so we have every reason to believe Dallas' defense will run right through us.  Our defense might keep us in the game for a while but I can't see another one of these wins like we just had against Buffalo.  Keep in mind that Josh Allen played reckless football and Sean McDermott made a highly questionable decision (that isn't being talked about afaik) to not accept a penalty on the Jets that would've pushed us back to around a 50 yard FG (though IIRC it would've been 3rd down).

After that, Zach Wilson could easily get embarrassed again by BB in front of the home fans.  THAT could be the killer for his confidence if the fans turn on him (which I suspect we will).

All this optimism after a week 1 win seems unfounded to me.  Yes, we have a VERY talented team.  But if we get horrible QB and OL play, we will still stink.  Opposing defenses will key on the run and dare Zach to beat them.

EDIT: I forgot that we play the Chiefs (also in MetLife) after the Patriots.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 10

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Dallas just kicked the crap out of the Giants.  Our OL was pathetic so we have every reason to believe Dallas' defense will run right through us.  Our defense might keep us in the game for a while but I can't see another one of these wins like we just had against Buffalo.  Keep in mind that Josh Allen played reckless football and Sean McDermott made a highly questionable decision (that isn't being talked about afaik) to not accept a penalty on the Jets that would've pushed us back to around a 50 yard FG (though IIRC it would've been 3rd down).

After that, Zach Wilson could easily get embarrassed again by BB in front of the home fans.  THAT could be the killer for his confidence if the fans turn on him (which I suspect we will).

All this optimism after a week 1 win seems unfounded to me.  Yes, we have a VERY talented team.  But if we get horrible QB and OL play, we will still stink.  Opposing defenses will key on the run and dare Zach to beat them.

Hoping that the OL gels over the next 5 weeks. 

Until then I hope Zach is dumping off 3 step one lookers or handing the ball off like a maniac.  The pass pro is that bad.

Hoping this vaunted D wins us 3 of the next 5.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I think this site needs yo be recast from a Jet Fan site to a Jet Unconstructive Criticism site - all the posting of doom, gloom and hopeless catastrophe in one handy dandy location.

And if I speak positively about the team, what exactly changes?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The Rodgers injury and comeback win are making a lot of people ignore the fact that we scored 1 offensive TD.

Zach's inability to complete passes into the endzone will plague this team week in and week out.

That's one of my main worries with Zach. I saw a lot of good things from him last game but if he can't figure out how to deal with shorter fields he won't ever be successful, regardless of how else he improves.

• Upvote 1

Not positively necessarily, but if the season is lost and you have no hope or possible solutions that can happen this season, why do you even watch the games?

Cause we're Jets fans and have consigned our fate to whatever crap this team spits out.

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Not positively necessarily, but if the season is lost and you have no hope or possible solutions that can happen this season, why do you even watch the games?

I'm just outlining what is, imo, a realistic possible scenario for this team.  Nobody knows the future.

Regardless, though, you've never watched the team despite the season being lost?  

6 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The Rodgers injury and comeback win are making a lot of people ignore the fact that we scored 1 offensive TD.

Zach's inability to complete passes into the endzone will plague this team week in and week out.

Zach is fine in the red zone ... the inability to score or move the ball will more than likely be attributed to complete lack of pass protection in the near future.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vader said:

Jets need to keep the running game viable in games. this will apply to more than just the Dallas game. if we go down big and have to abandon the run, that's when it will get ugly

If you're Dallas, obviously you're going to overplay the run and dare ZW to beat you.  It feels to me like this season is almost all on whether or not ZW progresses.

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

I stooped watching twice. Once when Kotite coached his final season. The second was Gase’s last season. I felt tge team was hopeless and didn’t see the point in watching until something changed. These Jets are far from hopeless and have as good a chance to win the SB as Dilfer’s Ravens or Johnson’s Bucs.

The NFL was a different league back then.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If you're Dallas, obviously you're going to overplay the run and dare ZW to beat you.  It feels to me like this season is almost all on whether or not ZW progresses.

Bills had the same scenario in front of them and a lead on Zach Wilson. Didn't work.

• Upvote 1

Fair enough that you believe so. So, why watch if its hopeless?

Uh, because I'm a Jets fan.  But again, nobody knows the future.  Maybe ZW surprises us.  Or some other weird thing happens.  The NFL is difficult to predict (other than the Jets tearing your heart out).