Thoughts On The Team Right Now

TuscanyTile2

Positives:

-GW and QW are both absolutely tremendous

-Incredible return from injury for Breece Hall

-Quincy Williams played great

-Gipson was a great story in HK.  So happy that he was the guy who made the big play to win the game

-The defense played great

-The team didn't quit after Rodgers went down.  That reflects well on both the players and Saleh

Thoughts:

-We're really going to see Saleh and Nate Hackett's coaching ability tested.

-I know there's still a lot of optimism on here.  Yes the team has a lot of very talented players.  However, from a "building the team" perspective, I think the window might be very short.  How much longer until GW, Breece, Sauce and AVT need to get paid?  You can afford a FQB (if you're lucky enough to have one) but trying to keep several key pieces together might not be feasible.

-I think we have a shot to be competitive against good teams but it depends on if ZW has progressed.  If he's as bad as last year, it's going to get ugly, despite all of this team's talent.  These are the times where a HC like BB would likely make a huge difference.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TBJ said:

Get Nick Foles in here to coach Zach up and step in if/when necessary.

Things at QB  are not ideal. But you have a great defense, a solid running attack, an all world WR and some good compliments; it won't be easy but it can work. Playoffs is doable. Need a vet for the coming day when Wilson totally shats the bed. Which is inevitable. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bugg said:

Things at QB  are not ideal. But you have a great defense, a solid running attack, an all world WR and some good compliments; it won't be easy but it can work. Playoffs is doable. Need a vet for the coming day when Wilson totally shats the bed. Which is inevitable. 

We have an all world RB, not a solid running attack. I am not convinced that Wilson who is absolutely elite is actually better than Breece.

I think Breece could be a Top 10 all time running back if he stays healthy.

In his last 3 games he has 34 rushes for 315 yards. 9.26 a carry