Jump to content

Izzy Needs To Be Active


Recommended Posts

Is Izzy 100%? They said his injury usually needs 3-4 weeks and he came back in 1, but not clear if that means he's unaffected, or practicing through it.

If he's active it'll be Carter, not Cook, that gets deactivated. Carter only got 3 touches on Sunday as it was, so Izzy wouldn't necessarily figure in much either.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jamesr said:

Is Izzy 100%? They said his injury usually needs 3-4 weeks and he came back in 1, but not clear if that means he's unaffected, or practicing through it.

If he's active it'll be Carter, not Cook, that gets deactivated. Carter only got 3 touches on Sunday as it was, so Izzy wouldn't necessarily figure in much either.

 

If anyone should be deactivated it's Cook. The dude is washed.

  • Upvote 3
  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think we can make Cobb inactive and go one less WR. It's not like Wilson gives a crap about that dusty old fart and we should pass less. Give Gipson those WR snaps if you need them.

Might we need to do something at the TE position? If we even can?

We played 3 TE formations on Sunday, so if we have an injury there it would limit that option (if we include it in this week's game plan). Might we activate Bawden to cover the FB / blocking TE type role?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If anyone should be deactivated it's Cook. The dude is washed.

I don't see it happening unless he has picked up an injury ... he's the veteran back, getting up to speed etc - too big a "name" to be benched for performance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I don't see it happening unless he has picked up an injury ... he's the veteran back, getting up to speed etc - too big a "name" to be benched for performance.

this type of logic makes no sense. If he's not performing at RB you put in the explosive young legs. It's a young mans position. who cares what he did 5 years ago - doesn't help us next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cowboys struggle vs the run.  Run it down their throats. Izzy needs to be active. Bawden needs to crush Parsons. Negate speed with a run game and this OL is built to run block which is easier than pass block.Its not going to be pretty, but it can still win in todays game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Cook had an injured shoulder. That doesn't make him run like a slug.

It’s unrealistic to expect the 4 guys who started practicing 10 days ago to rip it week 1.  Last year hall scores twice. Just going to take a month for the 4 to be in shape. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

this type of logic makes no sense. If he's not performing at RB you put in the explosive young legs. It's a young mans position. who cares what he did 5 years ago - doesn't help us next week.

If he's not performing I agree but I don't think you make that call after 1 game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

this type of logic makes no sense. If he's not performing at RB you put in the explosive young legs. It's a young mans position. who cares what he did 5 years ago - doesn't help us next week.

I agree ... but logic doesn't always win the day. They made a big deal about bringing in Cook, so to bench him after one game would indicate they made a mistake. Not something that would go down well after the Rodgers situation.

I'm not saying it's what I would do ... I'm speculating that it's what the Jets will do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

I agree ... but logic doesn't always win the day. They made a big deal about bringing in Cook, so to bench him after one game would indicate they made a mistake. Not something that would go down well after the Rodgers situation.

I'm not saying it's what I would do ... I'm speculating that it's what the Jets will do.

Zach Wilson sunk cost theory. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

He will be phased out more and more each game.

This is my feeling. If Cook doesn’t start looking better than he did Monday night quickly, he’ll gradually slide into being the team’s third rushing option. Breece is healthy, confident, and the clear #1. He just might need to up his cardio a little bit, lol. Izzy is the perfect backup for Breece in that he also has the speed to be a threat to score with every touch. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Ruckert should be TE2. Tippman should replace Tomlinson. Easy fixes to improve the run game and protection. 

Cook isn't the problem. 

Agree that Tippmann needs to work himself into the lineup ASAP. Whether it’s guard or center, I don’t care. Physically, he’s an upgrade over either McGovern or Tomlinson. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think we can make Cobb inactive and go one less WR. It's not like Wilson gives a crap about that dusty old fart and we should pass less. Give Gipson those WR snaps if you need them.

Yes, punish Rogers for stupid injury and launch his best friend Into the sun

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The run game is obviously the focal point of the Jets offense now. Cook is cooked and should be getting minimal touches. We need the young explosive back getting carries if we're going to have a chance.

I didn't  think cook looked bad, he was just very overshadowed by Hall. Who plays behind Hall really doesn't  matter but Cook right now makes the most sense. Hall is going to be the Bell Cow getting 3/4 of the carries and the rest will be split between the other 2. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think we can make Cobb inactive and go one less WR. It's not like Wilson gives a crap about that dusty old fart and we should pass less. Give Gipson those WR snaps if you need them.

Are you forgetting who is throwing passes here. Do you actually think this will make one bit of difference? 

  • WTF? 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

200 rushing yards per game should be the benchmark.

I hate how they used Cook as the “slam it into the pile” guy. Could have drafted a power back for that. They need to diversify how they use him. He’s most lethal in the pass game at this point.

I want impressed with the play calls and design most of the night. Sure didn’t look like they had 6 months to prepare.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Already knew what was confirmed after one day.  Cook stinks and has stunk for awhile now.

Wont matter much soon.  He will be phased out more and more each game.

You didn’t confirm a thing off of one week of practice and then one game.  
You really should quit with the absolutes like he’ll be phased out.  Because to believe you Cook wasn’t going to be signed, isn’t on our roster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...