Enter, Sandman?

SlugORama99

LOL...I guess it's because they share the same city. If it was Atlanta or Cleveland nobody would care....The fact that it's NYC makes it something to talk about.

Ive always had a problem with the Mets uniform having Pinstripes too...Why on earth would a team this close to the Yankees bite everything ?

Id wanna be original...they wanna be the Yankees....but then again...who doesn't?

Well, the whole pinstripes thing originated from when the Mets began and they took a little from each NY baseball team that existed at the time.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive always had a problem with the Mets uniform having Pinstripes too...Why on earth would a team this close to the Yankees bite everything ?

The thing is too, the Mets uniform with the pinstripes with the blue cap is by far the nicest look they have.

All that black is putrid. I thought the black on everything fad would be over by now.

I kinda like the all white jersey too.

It's noty just the Mets either. The adding of black to so many teams just reeks of a ploy to sell some more caps. And in my opinion, the black is ugly. Stay with your traditional colors.

Remember when the Jets added the black back in the early 90's? Those unis were awful.

It's noty just the Mets either. The adding of black to so many teams just reeks of a ploy to sell some more caps. And in my opinion, the black is ugly. Stay with your traditional colors.

Remember when the Jets added the black back in the early 90's? Those unis were awful.

Yeah, everyone is trying to capitalize on the popularity of the Raiders uni from back in the day.

The Mets took the role call and enter sandman. They took Willie from the Yankees. They have copied everything except winning championships!

What's next? Delgago respects this country during the National Anthem just because that is what the Yankees do?

The Mets took the role call and enter sandman. They took Willie from the Yankees. They have copied everything except winning championships!

What's next? Delgago respects this country during the National Anthem just because that is what the Yankees do?

POTW NOM

I agreed 110% with Mike and the MadDog today. It is just plain ****ing wrong and it gives me a new reason to hate the Mets and Billy Wagner. **** him and his loyalty to his song. What about to teams? He can suck a fat one cause he can't close games out like Mo. We must beat him in a comeback at Shea, we just must.

WAGNER SUCKS

METS SUCK

VIVA LOS YANQUIS!!

**** him and his loyalty to his song. What about to teams?

he played 9 years for Houston, then was TRADED after the '03 season. Fulfilled his contract for 2 more years, then became a free agent. What team should he have had loyalty to? Just curious.

Amazing what upsets some people...ITS A F***ING SONG!!! If he can get 3 outs in the 9th the rest of the year I don't care what he comes out to!

I had the radio earphones on and didn't notice, but I don't really come to the park to hear the music either. If Mariano recorded the song he might have a beef. I heard that some of Wagner's family were roadies for Metallica. If that's the case then he has more of a connection to the song than Rivera, who prolly had never heard it before. If Yankee fans are so sensitive they should petition the league to stop playing tunes when batters and pitchers arrive.

I think the Mets should play New York by Frank Sinatra after each game as well.

****ing *******s and queers over there in Queers.

Actually, the Yankees will be playing alot of Liza this year, so the Mets can use Frank.

To put this nonsense in perspective- Wagner is actually a Metallica fan and started using this song three years (in 1996 before Riviera)-so enough with the crying

LOL...Wagner & Mo came into the league in 1995...neither guy started closing games till 1997. How did he use it 3 years before Mo?

7th inning stretch consists of God Bless America, Take Me Out to the Ballgame and some stupid, dominic the donkey type song (which has no place at a baseball game). No YMCA and no dancing ground crew.

Actually, the only reason there is no dancing ground crew is because it didn't catch on at Shea. It was so bad that it only lasted a couple of games. I remember watching either sportscenter or baseball tonight and they were showing the Mets ground crew just a couple of weeks after the Yankee guys started YMCA and they were doing a dance while smoothing out the field between innings. I don't remember which song they tried doing but it wasn't YMCA and the fans didn're react at all. Hence, the ESPN guys making fun of them, and scrapping it after only a couple of tries.

Actually, the only reason there is no dancing ground crew is because it didn't catch on at Shea. It was so bad that it only lasted a couple of games. I remember watching either sportscenter or baseball tonight and they were showing the Mets ground crew just a couple of weeks after the Yankee guys started YMCA and they were doing a dance while smoothing out the field between innings. I don't remember which song they tried doing but it wasn't YMCA and the fans didn're react at all. Hence, the ESPN guys making fun of them, and scrapping it after only a couple of tries.

I knew the Mets tried to do that. It might have been a Beach Boys song, I really dont remember.

I knew the Mets tried to do that. It might have been a Beach Boys song, I really dont remember.

Surfin' USA maybe? And the grounds crew acted like they were on surf boards? Like I said, tough to remember because it was a blurb on ESPN a few years ago, I just remember laughing at the Mets once again trying to be the Yankees.

I really dont know who started playing the song first...and it doesnt even matter. I love that Wagner comes out to that song though. Its so perfect. Screwing with the Yankees really is a beautiful thing.

I remember the 2001 World Series in Arizona when the D-backs beat the Yankees and played "New York, New York" over the loudspeakers. You shoulda seen the looks on the faces of Torre, O'Neil and Jeter! It was a disgusted look of "HOW DARE THEY???" And the Yankee fans on this thread seemingly have the SAME reaction.

TREMENDOUS!

I really dont know who started playing the song first...and it doesnt even matter. I love that Wagner comes out to that song though. Its so perfect. Screwing with the Yankees really is a beautiful thing.

I remember the 2001 World Series in Arizona when the D-backs beat the Yankees and played "New York, New York" over the loudspeakers. You shoulda seen the looks on the faces of Torre, O'Neil and Jeter! It was a disgusted look of "HOW DARE THEY???" And the Yankee fans on this thread seemingly have the SAME reaction.

TREMENDOUS!

Actually the D' Backs came out after that game and said the New York, New York was played out of respect for the victims of 9/11. Classy observation on your part though I must say.

Actually the D' Backs came out after that game and said the New York, New York was played out of respect for the victims of 9/11. Classy observation on your part though I must say.

Um,

1. I never heard that, and I think youre pulling it out of your @ss.

2. Why not play a song for the 9/11 victims BEFORE the game?

3. Why play that silly song, when you could think of about 1000 much more classy songs such as "God Bless America"

4. If that indeed is what the D-backs said though I doubt it, it is so obviously a display of backtracking that its not even worth discussing any further.

It was so obvious that they were trying to stick it up the Yankees @sses. Stop trying to interject yourself onto the 9/11 victims' side to gain sympathy. Nobody's buying the jive youre running up the flagpole.

Um,

It was so obvious that they were trying to stick it up the Yankees @sses. Stop trying to interject yourself onto the 9/11 victims' side to gain sympathy. Nobody's buying the jive youre running up the flagpole.

Lets try and make sense next time, ok?

And yeah, AFJ was right...they did it in honor of victims of 9/11.

Thats 2 against 1, you lose dickhead.

Um,

1. I never heard that, and I think youre pulling it out of your @ss.

2. Why not play a song for the 9/11 victims BEFORE the game?

3. Why play that silly song, when you could think of about 1000 much more classy songs such as "God Bless America"

4. If that indeed is what the D-backs said though I doubt it, it is so obviously a display of backtracking that its not even worth discussing any further.

Gee, I'm shocked to see JBF stopping at nothing to not insult just the Yankees and their fans, but lets just completely dismiss the fact that the D-Backs made a classy post 9/11 gesture. Instead of being a man and saying "oh, my bad...good job by the D-Backs" you have to make personal attacks and say that I'm lying about something that any self respecting New Yorker wouldn't joke about.

While the global war on terror has become a USA vs. Terror situation, it was New York City that was attacked by terrorists. Thats why they didn't pick a song that focused on the US, they picked a song as a tribute to the city of New York and the victims of 9/11. Like it or not, hundreds of thousands people were devastated over the 9/11 attacks and many people even made classy respectful gestures as a show of respect. I commend the D' Backs for doing so. Good for them.

Who in gods name gave the OK for the Mets batting helmet design?

Die hard Mets fan here...:ahhh: VERY UGLY! they should have used them when MLB di that "futures" uniform week a few years ago! geesh!

Bannister just lost his no-no in the 6th..THEN gave up a 3 run bomb to Nick Johnson! Bring in Sanchez NOW Willie....then Heilman, then "Enter Sandman" Wagner!!! ;)

Roll call is lame period in any stadium.

Yes, it is rather lame. But it was at least tolerable back in the day with guys like Oneil, Brosius, and Tino. It was corny as hell...but it just gave you the douche chills to listen to.

But with cretins like A-rod, Sheffield*, and Giamboo* on the team, the roll call thing is so incredibly unbearable, I feel nauseated just hearing it on TV.

Its more played out than the Yankees themselves and their over-spending ways.

Yes, it is rather lame. But it was at least tolerable back in the day with guys like Oneil, Brosius, and Tino. It was corny as hell...but it just gave you the douche chills to listen to.

But with cretins like A-rod, Sheffield*, and Giamboo* on the team, the roll call thing is so incredibly unbearable, I feel nauseated just hearing it on TV.

Its more played out than the Yankees themselves and their over-spending ways.

The first couple yrs it was an awesome thing to whitness...now it's played out .

Archived