Enter, Sandman?

SlugORama99

Smizzy_I have been balanced and even given teh Yankee credit.

I relaying a period dialogue, it was YOU who blurted out "The Yankees have won so much more......blah, blah blah"

How that pertained to what was happening in teh early 90's is anyone's guess.

Just must be knee jerk reaction for Yankee fans when confronted with something that confounds them.

Thanks, I enjoyed it.

The point I was making was the NY Yankees had already established themselves as a winning ball club when you claim they needed to bring in Old mets players to fill the stands with fans who were "on the fence" .

What confounds me is how your opinion on why we signed Santana or Ojeda has become "history" .

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The point I was making was the NY Yankees had already established themselves as a winning ball club when you claim they needed to bring in Old mets players to fill the stands with fans who were "on the fence" .

What confounds me is how your opinion on why we signed Santana or Ojeda has become "history" .

The Yankees had losing records from 89-92.

yeah, you are right-That is a tremendous winning ball club they had.

My goodness, only Yankee fans can take a team with a losing record, and call it a winning ball club.

And Smizzy, before you tell me all teh Championships they won before 1960, we are talking early 90's here, and have been all along.

Seriously if the Yankees were in the National league, circa 1990 to present-

They would be cellar dwellers.

I've grown to hate them. I know alot of great people that are Yankees fans, but lets face it, most of their fan bas are as*holes. Jon E Jet is exhibit A.

They are primarily people who don't even know anything about baseball.They get themselves a silly t-shirt with "Mattingly" or "Jeter" on the back, and somehow that qualifies them as winners.

It's pathetic. I used to be a Yankees fan. Then I got my dignity back. I loved the '96 series, and I rooted for the Yanks. But since the strike, I've been a Mets fan.

Everything about the Yankees disgusts me. F*ck 'em.

How many WS titles did the NY Yankees have before the Ny Mets existed?

The answer to that question should help you delusional mets fans realize the truth.

The Mets haven't done anything in 20 years...besides lose to the NY Yankees in the World series in 2000.

lord, who cares what happened when your great grandmother was blowing the 3rd fleet in NY Harbour?

SD is right, Mets owned NY in 80s,,NY a National League town and I have shown many times that when both teams winning or, both losing , the Mets outdraw the Yanks,,

Now NY's a National League town?

:)

Just to throw this out there, the top 6 teams in baseball(except the Cards) are from the AL.

always has been bucko,,

giants /dodgers made it that way,, 2 NL teams ,,

mets have always outdrawn yanks when both winnin

always has been bucko,,

What you said used to be true. The Yankee dynasty of the mid 90's changed everything. The Yankees shatter the Mets in attendance now. Check the year they both went to the World Series.

Oh and the Mets new stadium is only going to seat a few thousand over 40k.

always has been bucko,,

The Giants and Dodgers left about 40 years ago bucko, and the Yanks were winning before that anyway.

The Giants and Dodgers left about 40 years ago bucko, and the Yanks were winning before that anyway.

It's a pendulum that swings.

Like my point earlier, which Yankee fans were aghast to learn, apparently, GS helped swing the pendulum back to the yankees by hiring some Met fading stars, before his club started the winning.

There is a lot of marketing involved, when neither team is winning.

i guess you cant comprehend,,

it was to let you know why NY is a NL town,,supported TWO NL teams,,

the NL market is always there,,

ya, it was great,,uh ok,,

is this decade over yet,,

gee bucko,, u do know math i assume

I can add $100 and $50 dollars, which is what me and Smizz would get if you

A) believe what youre saying

B) have the guts to make the wager

C) have any integrity and follow through with a payment

ya, it was great,,uh ok,,

is this decade over yet,,

gee bucko,, u do know math i assume

Okay, so then youre saying that the Mets will be the team of this decade which means they'd have to win the WS twice in the next four years? Hell, I'll put another $100 saying they dont do that either which means yet ANOTHER decade of superior NY baseball goes to the Yankees over the Mets.

Okay, so then youre saying that the Mets will be the team of this decade which means they'd have to win the WS twice in the next four years? Hell, I'll put another $100 saying they dont do that either which means yet ANOTHER decade of superior NY baseball goes to the Yankees over the Mets.

very silly,, i have said all in words, more valuable than betting,,if cash is more important than your words than you are under 18 or have heavy laden jewelery around your neck,,:)

bottom line, ,adult to adult, ,words,

mets will win more than yanks,, i could be wrong but thats my prediction , thats all,, time will tell,,

tick tick tick

very silly,, i have said all in words, more valuable than betting,,if cash is more important than your words than you are under 18 or have heavy laden jewelery around your neck,,:)

bottom line, ,adult to adult, ,words,

mets will win more than yanks,, i could be wrong but thats my prediction , thats all,, time will tell,,

tick tick tick

Thats cool, just wanted to see how much you believe in what you were saying...thanks.

mets will win more than yanks,,

tick tick tick

And we've all seen how much you actually believe that...but if it makes you feel better to keep saying it..have at it.

maybe I should try that and see if it works

The Jets will win the super bowl

tick tick tick

Southern will learn to have a discussion without making personal attacks

tick tick tick

My words will one day be like an ATM...words more valuable than cash

tick tick tick

lets see how these pan out

tick tick tick

And we've all seen how much you actually believe that...but if it makes you feel better to keep saying it..have at it.

maybe I should try that and see if it works

The Jets will win the super bowl

tick tick tick

Southern will learn to have a discussion without making personal attacks

tick tick tick

My words will one day be like an ATM...words more valuable than cash

tick tick tick

lets see how these pan out

tick tick tick

well at least you learned to use the tick,,

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

and yes my young man,, a mans word is more valuable than cash,,you will learn that some day,,maybe when you are old enough to drive

mets will win more than yanks this year

tick tick tick

well at least you learned to use the tick,,

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

and yes my young man,, a mans word is more valuable than cash,,you will learn that some day,,maybe when you are old enough to drive

mets will win more than yanks this year

tick tick tick

Right, you make personal attacks while I have a civil discussion and I'm the childish one. I'm beginning to see a pattern with the way you post. You discuss until you've clearly lost an instead of owning up to it, you change the topic....nice tactic

Right, you make personal attacks while I have a civil discussion and I'm the childish one. I'm beginning to see a pattern with the way you post. You discuss until you've clearly lost an instead of owning up to it, you change the topic....nice tactic

again, thanks you for the flattery by copying the tick,,

it is a good tag,,

yes, you too can join the Mets express,,

tick tick tick

again, thanks you for the flattery by copying the tick,,

it is a good tag,,

yes, you too can join the Mets express,,

tick tick tick

Okay, but I'm not going to imitate the "run away when I'm losing" thing, I have too much pride for that.

tick tick tick

Archived