Breece Hall

FootballLove

I didn’t so much of hall last season. Yes he was good but not really good. He’s changed my mind. He reminds me of McNeil but with better speed. Both of those guys could find holes and were shifty.

I was also hoping cook would do better.  He did okay and showed some nice pass catching but it looked like he was dancing a little too much when he got the line instead of just plowing ahead.

• WTF? 3

damn - that's pretty bad - hopefully the coaches called him to the carpet for it.
in his defense, he was probably thinking of 2022 Breece where no one would have caught him. Not an excuse - there is none, just a possible explanation.
Thought the same thing, that he figured it was a td... and maybe he didn't want to end up with some blind side block penalty

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

damn - that's pretty bad - hopefully the coaches called him to the carpet for it.

in his defense, he was probably thinking of 2022 Breece where no one would have caught him. Not an excuse - there is none, just a possible explanation.

I’m glad we won because that could have easily been the difference between a win and a loss. You knew we weren’t scoring a TD when Breece got run out of bounds. 

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I hope so. There is time to celebrate after the play is done. Nothing positive has ever come from celebrating during a play. Plenty positive has come out of playing at full speed until the whistle blows. 

It really looks like Wilson just assumed Hall would outrun everyone.  Post ACL, probably just needs more time to build up his endurance and sprinting speed...

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Still amazing to me how few people wanted Hall in that draft, and argued vociferously against that pick (before it was made, of course).  Kid was obviously special talent and potential wise.  Same as G. Wilson.

Can’t believe we got Breece in round two. Gibbs went 12 overall this year and Breece was a superior prospect in almost every facet.

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I didn’t so much of hall last season. Yes he was good but not really good. He’s changed my mind. He reminds me of McNeil but with better speed. Both of those guys could find holes and were shifty.

I was also hoping cook would do better.  He did okay and showed some nice pass catching but it looked like he was dancing a little too much when he got the line instead of just plowing ahead.

dude breece was an absolute stud last year and was running away with the rookie of the year award before his injury despite having Garret Wilson on his own team.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

32 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Still amazing to me how few people wanted Hall in that draft, and argued vociferously against that pick (before it was made, of course).  Kid was obviously special talent and potential wise.  Same as G. Wilson.

I definitely argued against it. Positional value and all. Breece is different though and changed my mind a little but his injury kind of highlights the why you don't draft RB's high anymore.

52 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Breece Hall has a TD on his run if Garrett Wilson runs in between the defender and Hall instead of celebrating. Look at how much ground Wilson covered between the two frames. He did it while celebrating. Imagine if he put his head down and swung his arms like a sprinter. He could have got in between the defender and Hall. 

I think he more than made up for that

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Breece Hall has a TD on his run if Garrett Wilson runs in between the defender and Hall instead of celebrating. Look at how much ground Wilson covered between the two frames. He did it while celebrating. Imagine if he put his head down and swung his arms like a sprinter. He could have got in between the defender and Hall. 

Yea - GW can do no wrong in my eyes - but man he got bailed out by us winning this game. If we had lost I guarantee this would be a bigger discussion point. He should get the benefit of the doubt as he is still young and I'm sure he got crushed in the film review - but just make the block next time...

Also I read Breece hit 20.5ish mph on this play. Didn't the Jets say he was at 23ish this summer? He was in the 22-23 range on his run from Denver. Benford ran a 4.53 40 at the draft - kind of surprised he caught him to be honest. 

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Can’t believe we got Breece in round two. Gibbs went 12 overall this year and Breece was a superior prospect in almost every facet.

Breece changed the thought on running backs.  Robinson and Gibbs should send him a ty letter.

Breece is the closest thing ive seen to Eric Dickerson since Eric Dickerson.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

I watched the 2022 draft with 3 Bills fans. When Bills were on the clock (22nd pick I believe) they were SCREAMING for Bills to draft Breece Hall. A good running game is the only thing Buffalo lacks (especially when your QB is the leading rusher). Anyway, Bills drafted a DB (I think). They were pissed.

Next day we were watching round 2. When Jets took Breece, they all exploded. Especially after taking Sauce and Garrett the day before.

This will be fun for the next 5 years every time we play the Bills and Breece runs the ball down their throats! 10 carries, 127 yards. 12.7 yards per carry. NICE!!!

JD really lucked out in 2022, after getting shafted in 21 ha. Well Gase shafted JD with a FU departing gift, no Trevor Lawrence. In 2022 I was shocked sauce fell to 4, and Garrett to 10. Hard to believe Hall wasn’t selected in 1st. JD couldn’t have been too high on him or would have grabbed him at 26th. 

Breece changed the thought on running backs.  Robinson and Gibbs should send him a ty letter.
Breece is the closest thing ive seen to Eric Dickerson since Eric Dickerson.

I think teams know that picking these running backs in the first round makes more sense because you can tag them until they are washed. Breeze may actually get a contract.
  • Upvote 1