First Offensive Play vs. Dallas. Get predictions in now.

RAB

I think Jets run play action to Breece and throw to Wilson down the sideline on a go route.  Everyone in the world is going to be expecting a Breece handoff to the right side of the line. That will be the second offensive play after the previous one play 80 yard TD drive. Hey, as Aaron says, you gotta speak it into existence.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, RAB said:

I think Jets run play action to Breece and throw to Wilson down the sideline on a go route.  Everyone in the world is going to be expecting a Breece handoff to the right side of the line. That will be the second offensive play after the previous one play 80 yard TD drive. Hey, as Aaron says, you gotta speak it into existence.

I will tell you my guess once you tell me what screen name you used last time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I will tell you my guess once you tell me what screen name you used last time. 

I've only had one.  You must be confusing me with another handsome, intelligent person. Although, on second thought, if you are asking about multiple screen names, you are probably NOT confusing me with another handsome/intelligent person.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, thebuzzardman said:

First series: Jets run another cut block, Zach runs around like a chicken, gets annihilated by a defensive end 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage, tears every ligament in both knees. 

Pretty dark, brother, pretty dark.

5 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

First series: Jets run another cut block, Zach flushed from the pocket and runs around like a chicken minus the head, gets annihilated by a defensive end 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage, tears every ligament in both knees. 

Don't be silly.  Zach would first need to have a few great games, really bringing our hopes up, only then would that sequence of events be so very Jets-like.  If he plays badly, he'll bounce right back up.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RAB said:

Going deep on play one is often a good play.  Teams are not ready for it.

When I played on a touch football team (pretty good caliber players some ex college a few ex pros) that was our standard first play, a flat out go route to our best receiver.  It worked for a td about a 1/4 of the time, a huge gain about another quarter of the time.  If it didn't work it totally shook up the opposing team and their DBs.   They played passive after that.

• Upvote 1

I get where the idea is coming from. Cowboys are going to dare the Jets to beat them throwing the ball.

That said, think you make them show they can defend the run first. They didn’t do it that well against the Giants. Hopefully some screen game and draws to slow down the rush too.

First second and short opportunity or opening play of the second drive I like a 12 personnel eight man protection protect play fake with Wilson rolling right (hopefully away from Parsons). Lazard deep down the sideline he’s rolling to, Wilson coming underneath on a dig, throw it away if nothing’s there.

Also like a shot play to Wilson on a double move in a similar situation. Diggs is a gambler and I think he’s burnable. I’m sure he’ll be trying to make a big play against Wilson too.

• Upvote 2

I'd start the game in the shotgun with 4 Wr sets. Let Zack look at the whole field and find the open man. Do it off and on throughout the game. Time to man up, open up the offense. Give them a different look, and let Zack take his share of hits. Coach him up on the sideline, and tell him to get pissed and make them pay.