our WR room

kmnj

I was very concerned about our WR room even before Arod went down(still  cant  believe it) but he can get the most out of wrs-Wilson on the other hand I don't believe can.

G Wilson-is an elite WR no question about it-I think right behind hill and jefferson right now.... The rest of the WR  room I think is poor bordering on terrible-

The plan now  will be to lean heavily on the running game(Thank god we good Cook to go along with Breece a super smart move) but man our WR room is shaky at best and teams will just focus all of their attention on G Wilson starting this week vs Dallas. I guess maybe Joe will plan to use CJ as a wideout too.....

• Upvote 1

WR is the least of our problems.  Bringing in another WR would be like adding a little more mustard to your sh*t sandwich.  Why bring in a receiver if your QB can't get it to them?

Zach has everything he needs to have a solid season statistically.  Everything else is between his ears.  Brown not playing like dog sh*t will help as well.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I was very concerned about our WR room even before Arod went down(still  cant  believe it) but he can get the most out of wrs-Wilson on the other hand I don't believe can.

G Wilson-is an elite WR no question about it-I think right behind hill and jefferson right now.... The rest of the WR  room I think is poor bordering on terrible-

The plan now  will be to lean heavily on the running game(Thank god we good Cook to go along with Breece a super smart move) but man our WR room is shaky at best and teams will just focus all of their attention on G Wilson starting this week vs Dallas. I guess maybe Joe will plan to use CJ as a wideout too.....

Wilson was a great WR last year even with Wilson/White/Flacco, so he should be good again this year.  He's that good.

Lazard may be very well suited for a Wilson-led Offense....because he's both big/tall (helps Zach see/hit him) AND he's a great run blocker (and we're going to be reliant on the run).

Cobb.....yeah, well, hopefully he can be a veteran presence and a reliable ball-catcher in brief stints.

And we'll have to home Hardman, Gipson and the other UDFA can provide something too.

Is what it is.

• Upvote 1

It mattered more when rogers was healthy, as having another WR 2 would have helped win a Super Bowl, but Zach doesn’t spread the ball well to receivers, and doesn’t see the field well. Breece is the key.

32 minutes ago, bitonti said:

without Rodgers, Cobb is a wasted roster spot 

He kind of was even with Rodgers, considering how little Cobb had done in recent years in GB with Rodgers, despite how desperate they were for help at the position. Part of you has to wonder if Davis' retirement was actually a huge sigh of relief to JD, to not have to deal with that situation.

• Upvote 1

If we don't start getting our TE's involved in this offense than it's moot. G. Wilson will get his grabs, but I'd like to see someway to get more TE receptions when we're in 2 and 3 TE sets. I'm almost positive those set will be employed on Sun against the Dallas D. If not, then I think we got the wrong gameplan, unless they are going to try and do 4 and 5 wide sets, to increase the odds of us getting some quick throws. Who knows, I'm not real familiar with Hacket's offense.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

Lazard and the others are ok, lets see how it works between them and the TEs.  We more desperately need to add a backup QB and another OT. If it looks like Zak is going to struggle with just the sample of the Dallas game, we need someone to compete with him and maybe take the starter role like a Wentz, Henne, etc. If Zak looks like he can remain the starter where he doesn’t hurt us in games we should win then maybe we get an experienced backup to help guide him that can still play to some degree like a Ryan, Foles, etc. since they have been on playoff teams and in Super Bowls. Rogers can be in the QBs ears during games when he is back and in the QB room, but that will be a defacto assistant coaching type position  or capacity.

7 hours ago, bonkertons said:

WR is the least of our problems.  Bringing in another WR would be like adding a little more mustard to your sh*t sandwich.  Why bring in a receiver if your QB can't get it to them?

Zach has everything he needs to have a solid season statistically.  Everything else is between his ears.  Brown not playing like dog sh*t will help as well.  

You're sexy

Just now, rangerous said:

Davis retiring was a bigger blow than initially thought.  Davis was capable of stretching the defense and fighting a db for the ball.  And he had good football speed.  They need one of the young guys, besides Wilson, to step up.  Maybe hardman can take up some slack.

Hope that dude and/or his fam are alright

• Upvote 1

A solid WR2 was not needed immediately even with Aaron R. The right time to look is when it becomes obvious this is a playoff team. Giving the season time for teams to be sorted out before the trade deadline was an important consideration.

Nothing changes. Possibly seek another WR as this season plays itself out, and as we see how Zach plays, how the young WRs play, how the TEs are being used, how the RBs are being used, How Lazard and MH are playing, etc.

8 hours ago, kmnj said:

Instead of drafting the highest rated WR this past year, a guy who garret wilson says is tremendous, we made a totally luxury pick on a passing downs edger rusher who will see 20% of the D snaps if he is lucky.