It's the ultimate Zach/Hackett Test on Sun

kevinc855

1 minute ago, slats said:

I’m not doing too many designed roll outs against Dallas. They need to drill it into Zach to get the ball out on time. They need plays designed to do just that. 

Monday night, Zach had 14 completions. Five went to Garrett Wilson and six went to the RBs. I suspect that’s what we’ll be seeing every week. Best way to attack an attacking defense is with screens. Zach did a good job in the screen game Monday, and I expect to see a heavy dose of it this week. 

I also think they need to take at least one shot on a deep pass early in the game to loosen up the Dallas D and let them know they have to cover the whole field. It was inadvisable against the Bills because Wilson was just trying to survive in a game he was supposed to watch from the sidelines and the Bills have the best Safeties in the NFL. Frankly, while Dallas has a great pass rush, I don't think their secondary are nearly as good as the Bill's. 

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, slats said:

I’m not doing too many designed roll outs against Dallas. They need to drill it into Zach to get the ball out on time. They need plays designed to do just that. 

Monday night, Zach had 14 completions. Five went to Garrett Wilson and six went to the RBs. I suspect that’s what we’ll be seeing every week. Best way to attack an attacking defense is with screens. Zach did a good job in the screen game Monday, and I expect to see a heavy dose of it this week. 

We need to pencil tippmann in at RB and make him the last line of parsons defense. Lol. 

Rodgers was basically going to be calling the plays at the line of scrimmage. Totally different script with Zach. 3TE sets, Hwy77, AVT and Ruckert. Plenty of screens, but I would let him take shots if GW gets singled. He's got a decent arm and Garrett is incredible. Have to try. 

I'm expecting a close game. Jets offense will resemble what New England runs every week.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I feel like the same people who say "take the training wheels off Zach" are also the same folks who say "fire everyone" after his inevitable 6 interception game 

they can't take the training wheels off - we all know what will happen - he's not going to miraculously become Tom Brady because you let him pass more

these coaches have mortgages to pay 

If they can't open up the playback,  because they don't believe in Wilson, they should all be fired for not getting a backup they have faith in. It's a dereliction of duties. Let him throw the ball. If he gets intercepted 6 times, maybe next week, because of real game experience,  he'll improve. Maybe not. Take the baby rattle out of his mouth. Or don't put him out there.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

Hackett designed and lead an offense QB'd by Blake f'n Bortles to an AFCCG off the back of that Sacksonville defense......he primarily did it by featuring Leonard Fournette and having the #1 rushing attach in the league...

He's gonna have to channel whatever he did to be successful during that time to help us score points this season.....

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, genot said:

If they can't open up the playback,  because they don't believe in Wilson, they should all be fired for not getting a backup they have faith in. It's a dereliction of duties. 

oh that's gonna happen 

just wait 

Everyone's going to get fired because of Zach Wilson 

and honestly it was the highest draft pick since Keyshawn Johnson - it would be deserved 

usually, GMs who miss at 2 get fired and somehow JD got a 2nd chance with Rodgers

if/when this season goes down the toilet and the Jets are looking at (Yet another) new QB in the draft, JD probably won't get a third bite at the apple 

he can't be trusted to make OL or QB decisions that's a pretty bad quality for a GM

the laken tomlinson signing was also brutally bad 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

15 minutes ago, slats said:

Only problem is Buffalo read some of the screens and adjusted I expect the same from Dallas since they know this is our only option with a limited QB. Once Zach stops worrying about the rush and plays the game a little fearlessly maybe he can take at least a small step forward.

When he steps up into the pocket he needs to release the football whether that means hitting a receiver or throwing the ball away

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, genot said:

If they can't open up the playback,  because they don't believe in Wilson, they should all be fired for not getting a backup they have faith in. It's a dereliction of duties. Let him throw the ball. If he gets intercepted 6 times, maybe next week, because of real game experience,  he'll improve. Maybe not. Take the baby rattle out of his mouth. Or don't put him out there.

I think them trying to prop up Zach saying he's our guy moving forward puts them in a very bad light. Get a vet in and prepare him to be ready in a few weeks. In those 2 weeks Zach has yet another chance to produce if he does not this experiment is OVER as will be his career. And even if he does play good in the next two games he should still be on a short leash for the rest of the season. Every game counts no excuse letting games get out of hand because they want to give Zach Confidence we've had enough of that bullsh*t

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

oh that's gonna happen 

just wait 

and honestly it was the highest draft pick since Keyshawn Johnson - it would be deserved 

usually, GMs who miss at 2 get fired and somehow JD got a 2nd chance with Rodgers

if/when this season goes down the toilet and the Jets are looking at (Yet another) new QB in the draft, JD probably won't get a third bite at the apple 

he can't be trusted to make OL or QB decisions that's a pretty bad quality for a GM

Tomlinson has been a bust here. Move AVT to LG, and figure out the best option at RG.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Whatever the Giants did last week?  Don't do that.

This is the big test for the oline.   After this game we will know if they are competent and good enough for us to win games or if they are a big sham and we are doomed.

We need lots of 3 TE sets.  Those OL guys need all the help they can get, and besides, how many WRs do we need with Zach under center.  Go Jets!  :) 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I think them trying to prop up Zach saying he's our guy moving forward puts them in a very bad light. Get a vet in and prepare him to be ready in a few weeks. In those 2 weeks Zach has yet another chance to produce if he does not this experiment is OVER as will be his career.

Yea, really Talk is cheap. What do they do with Zach on GameDay. Let him do what he was drafted to do.  Or hide him as best they can, by their play calling.

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

oh that's gonna happen 

just wait 

I think this is how things *should* happen.  But after what happened on opening night, unless the Jets really bottom out and go like 3-14, I don't see Woody firing anyone.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

I think this is how things *should* happen.  But after what happened on opening night, unless the Jets really bottom out and go like 3-14, I don't see Woody firing anyone.

well JD is due an extension do we think Woody wants to give him a raise?

because those are the two options 

his contract is up next year and most teams don't let a GM operate on a lame duck contract 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Let's face it, the WHOLE gameplan for Dallas has changed due to ZW being quaterback. But this is not some lost season, the Jets are 1-0 with a talented roster. It is no longer evaluation time, they know what Zach can do or not do. It is time to take the training wheels off Zach. Some key questions await

1) Can Hackett with a whole week of prep make a competent plan for Zach. Zach can move, he is mobile, he has an arm, but also prone to brain farts and turnovers. Can Hack help draw a simple plan that gets Zach rolling out. Dallas will stack the box with 8 to stop Breece and Dalvin. They will dare and make Zach throw. Do we have the answer. 

2) Can Zach finally finally answer the call? This is not his 2nd chance. That was prob Jax last year and he failed miserably. This is his 3rd chance. He has had time to reset, another camp, tutoring from Rodgers and maybe his last chance to be a starter. Can Zach be the guy JD thought he be? 

Dallas is gona blitz all day and stack the box. We may not win with the run game and defense. 

This game is up to Zach and Hackett. 

Nope. We will be swept by the Patriots. 

scary ghost.gif

I have more faith in Hackett than I do in Zach’s mental fortitude in games like this.  He still like an insecure kid who needs to be reassured by his teammates. It has to be like Sanchez with the color codes, except Wilson needs Rodgers in his ear.  I would feel more comfortable if AR was on the sideline talking to Zach. So defense.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

well JD is due an extension do we think Woody wants to give him a raise?

because those are the two options 

his contract is up next year and most teams don't let a GM operate on a lame duck contract 

Bare minimum he gets a one year prove it extension while Rodgers rehabs, but probably longer than that. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, slats said:

Hacket needs to put a gigantic  in the middle of the field. No fly zone!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1