Zach's #s this week and game prediction

Maxman

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

21-28 - 242 yds
2 TD 0 INT
Sacked 2 times
Rushing for 35 yards

Jets 27 Cowboys 23

Our resident Giants trolls are outraged that they just watched the Jets beat the Cowboys in Jerry's World after they got shellacked 40-0 in their home opener with their 160 million dollar quarterback.

It would be the first time in his career that Zach's TD's exceed his INT's in a game by more than 1.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

I really am sick a tired of this Zach Wilson garbage. I'm trying real hard to be positive because we have a really good football team with a roster as good as any in the NFL but watching Wilson every week sh*t the bed and have to listen to the Jets trying to prop him up claiming he's "the guy" is so damn ridiculous its sickening.

I'm all for giving Zach his 1-2 game shot at this if we bring a Vet QB in here but rolling with what we currently have is beyond belief. I'm not sure I really care to predict his stats because they will be exactly the same garbage he's put up the first few years he was here. How anyone can claim this is Zach's job moving forward with no alternative yet in place is just nuts but I guess at this stage Saleh really has no choice and I say this because with Wilson scheduled to start Sunday there's not much else you can really say. All we can hope for is that its just lip service as not to undermine your starting QB for the upcoming game and a plan really is in place to bring someone in. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

7 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I really am sick a tired of this Zach Wilson garbage. I'm trying real hard to be positive because we have a really good football team with a roster as good as any in the NFL but watching Wilson every week sh*t the bed and have to listen to the Jets trying to prop him up claiming he's "the guy" is so damn ridiculous its sickening.

I'm all for giving Zach his 1-2 game shot at this if we bring a Vet QB in here but rolling with what we currently have is beyond belief. I'm not sure I really care to predict his stats because they will be exactly the same garbage he's put up the first few years he was here. How anyone can claim this is Zach's job moving forward with no alternative yet in place is just nuts but I guess at this stage Saleh really has no choice and I say this because with Wilson scheduled to start Sunday there's not much else you can really say. All we can hope for is that its just lip service as not to undermine your starting QB for the upcoming game and a plan really is in place to bring someone in. 

Agree. Saleh's words are not probative because he would say the same thing no matter what his thoughts really are. What would he say if he didn't believe in Zach?

"Yeah, we're boned this week but we'll get another guy in here who isn't a laughingstock going forward."

Brains, people. Use them.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

What are you talking bout?  Zach had a “good” game week 1

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Reality sets in if we don't get off to a very good start.  Short week on the road.  If we get off slow could get very ugly.   Need the D to stone them early.

The key is keeping our D off the field by running the football. What Zach makes us  is 1 dimensional and that's what hurts the most. They will snuff out the screen game just like Buffalo Did (no i'm not talking check downs here) . Every time Zach drops back it will be an adventure and what I think might help is Zach throwing a few quick deep balls to Garrett Wilson (open or not) to at the very least try and keep the Cowgirls Honest. Since they will be playing the run play action will be available early so I say take advantage of that, lob a few up deep and let Wilson run the ball down. He's fully capable of not only making the play but he's also capable of playing defense on such a play if he can't make the catch.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

The key is keeping our D off the field by running the football. What Zach makes us though is 1 dimensional and that's what hurts the most. They will snuff out the screen game just like Buffalo Did (no i'm not talking check downs here) . Every time Zach drops back it will be an adventure and what I think might help is Zach throwing a few quick deep balls to Garrett Wilson (open or not) to at the very least try and keep the Cowgirls Honest. Since they will be playing the run play action will be available early so I say take advantage of that lob a few up deep and let Wilson run the ball down he's fully capable of not only making the play but he's also capable of playing defense on such a play if he can't make the catch.

I think we need the D to score points.  I'm not sure we aren't better off with the D on the field more not less.  That's why we have a big rotation on the DL.  It might pay off.   I also think the Dallas D is going to score points on our O.  

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Agree. Saleh's words are not probative because he would say the same thing no matter what his thoughts really are. What would he say if he didn't believe in Zach?

"Yeah, we're boned this week but we'll get another guy in here who isn't a laughingstock going forward."

Brains, people. Use them.

Good thing Douglas got rid of all the bad apples in the locker.

2 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Can’t wait to celebrate 80 yards passing and only losing by 3 touchdowns 

I think if we lose by 3 TD's it will be due to turnovers. If we play turnover free football this will be a close game IMHO. Forcing a few like we did against Buff will get us a win 

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I think we need the D to score points.  I'm not sure we aren't better off with the D on the field more not less.  That's why we have a big rotation on the DL.  It might pay off.   I also think the Dallas D is going to score points on our O.  

Good point basically a 3 and out battle to see who makes the first big mistake :)

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We are supposed to become the NFL version of the 90’s NJ Devils.  Win low scoring unwatchable games.  

The Offense will be unwatchable to some extent unless we just smash the sh*t out of teams and run it down their throats and get to watch exciting Defense

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

The Offense will be unwatchable to some extent unless we just smash the sh*t out of teams and run it down their throats and get to watch exciting Defense

Cook looked ok on MNF and Breece is on a pitch count.  We absolutely will be a run first team but we do not have a qb that can keep defenses even remotely honest so expect 8 in the box at all times

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Cook looked ok on MNF and Breece is on a pitch count.  We absolutely will be a run first team but we do not have a qb that can keep defenses even remotely honest so expect 8 in the box at all times

I remember the Pennington years when he was slightly hurt…. They KNEW he wouldnt throw it more than say 15 yards.  We were at a disadvantage before the ball was snapped. 

When Garrett Wilson finally gets pissed off enough AGAIN because he is open all day and Zach does not or can not get him the ball I wonder if they will paint #17 as a "bad apple" when he finally reacts to that..... again,

Until that time...

Zach is our guy,,,, he is night and day better than last year and in fact we have nothing bad to say about the "night" that was last year (because saying something that might undermine the fragile confidence).

I only have three problems with Zach,,,, well maybe four.

1. He does not seem to process information quickly or accurately,  Information that should lead to good decision-making about what to do next.  There is obvious stuff that he is clearly missing and Aikman was calling it out all night long on Monday.
  2. He frequently chooses the wrong thing to do once he does make a decision, and often this happens in the face of much better and often wide open choices
  3. Once he has decided where to throw the ball he frequently bounces the pass off the turf or air-mails it into orbit after staring down the receiver,
  4. Because he is aware on some level of his shortcomings he is far too quick to pull the trigger on a bail-out scramble where
    1. He is not really a threat to complete a pass or,
    2. He makes an awkward looking run where it looks like he is likely to get injured on the play.

Other than this stuff, none of which seems visibly to be any better than it was last year, he is borderline all world

• Upvote 1

Serious question, if you take the hatred for ZW out of the equation, and we had a vet backup playing in this game against the cowboys, with the shaky o line we saw in pass protection, and the cowboys insane pass rush, what would we expecting from this vet backup? Keeping in mind they are a backup at this point for a reason, and not a starter. I would ask the same of coming off the bench not prepping with the first team against a really good Bills defense. I feel like people are letting their hatred for ZW cloud the reality of a backup qb which is what he is, a backup. Expecting anyone to throw for 250 yards against this cowboys pass rush on short week is unrealistic. Look at what they just did to Daniel Jones who have the board was knob slobbing all summer long

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Serious question, if you take the hatred for ZW out of the equation, and we had a vet backup playing in this game against the cowboys, with the shaky o line we saw in pass protection, and the cowboys insane pass rush, what would we expecting from this vet backup? Keeping in mind they are a backup at this point for a reason, and not a starter. I would ask the same of coming off the bench not prepping with the first team against a really good Bills defense. I feel like people are letting their hatred for ZW cloud the reality of a backup qb which is what he is, a backup. Expecting anyone to throw for 250 yards against this cowboys pass rush on short week is unrealistic. Look at what they just did to Daniel Jones who have the board was knob slobbing all summer long

Nothing says confidence quite like pre-excuses 

all the Zach guys say he did a good job vs Buffalo cause he wasnt prepared to play the game. didnt work with the starters ..bla bla bla bla bla

ok fine, but do you realize that Buffalo wasnt prepared to play against the worst QB in the NFL? Dallas has all we to prep for him and IMO i predicted the return of the "Hokie Pokie" dance.

Zach take 10 steps back...he takes 3 steps left... he does the "hokie pokie" and he turns himself around then throws it out of bounds.!!

• Haha 1