Jump to content

Zach's #s this week and game prediction


Maxman

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

LOL..No it wouldn't.  

We have a toxic fan base that.   There are now people outwardly rooting against Zach Wilson and hoping he fails.  Zach failing is more important to many fans than the Jets winning.

Not even hidden anymore.

So sadly true.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We know what Zach is.  He's not all of a sudden going to turn into a special player.

But if he can play within himself - much like he did last week (minus the bad pick) not kill the team and make a few timely plays, the Jets will be in most games this year - that's the best we really should be expecting.  

 

The OL and particularly the Tackle situation is going to make it exponentially more difficult, it would have been a substantive problem for Rodgers too...but worse for Zach.  So he needs to take what's there, short quick hits, mostly to the outside of the field and be ready for lots of Jet punts. He, Saleh, Hackett and Jet fans should all be okay with that.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just want to make sure I get this (I think it's sarcasm, but I'm not actually certain).

Last year, we got roasted for being 'lucky' to face a number of backup QBs.  As if that's the only reason we won any of those games.

This year, we got lucky because BUF had to face OUR backup QB.  As if that's the only reason we won that game.

 

not sarcasm. 

im saying Buffalo wasnt expecting to face Zach. your going to have a much different gameplan from defending HOF QB to the worst QB.

i would expect more blitzing of Wilson to see if they can rattle him over Rodgers who know how to read a defense fast and get rid of it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

We know what Zach is.  He's not all of a sudden going to turn into a special player.

But if he can play within himself - much like he did last week (minus the bad pick) not kill the team and make a few timely plays, the Jets will be in most games this year - that's the best we really should be expecting.  

 

The OL and particularly the Tackle situation is going to make it exponentially more difficult, it would have been a substantive problem for Rodgers too...but worse for Zach.  So he needs to take what's there, short quick hits, mostly to the outside of the field and be ready for lots of Jet punts. He, Saleh, Hackett and Jet fans should all be okay with that.

 

FWIW, after week 1, Zach Wilson is pretty much league average in almost every stat except for attempts and yards.  But his Y/A at 6.7 is actually 12th.  And this was against one of the better defenses in the NFL, coming in cold without the reps with the starters everyone else had.

Does it mean much?  Not to many.  But it puts him exactly where many people hope to see him.  At or slightly above league average where the rest of the team can do their thing to win games.

I don't even expect to see that this week against DAL.  I think his number will take a hit.  To me, the real test is whether he can reverse his ridiculous jinx against NE in week 3.  Unfortunately, he is going up against 3 very good defenses in a row, but he needs to show up against NE and hopefully win that game.  If he does, not just by riding the teams' coat tails, but actually making plays, then many of the takes on this board are going to need a few turns of the wrench.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, doitny said:

not sarcasm. 

im saying Buffalo wasnt expecting to face Zach. your going to have a much different gameplan from defending HOF QB to the worst QB.

i would expect more blitzing of Wilson to see if they can rattle him over Rodgers who know how to read a defense fast and get rid of it.

I got you... they OVER prepared to the point of implosion... not sure I agree .. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Skeptable said:

What if.... Just for sh*ts and giggles....

Zach wins the Superbowl.... (I know, I ******* know, I get it impossible, BUUUUTTTTT) What if this dirty bastard does it..

Imagine the dynamic of AR wanting the team back from the Superbowl winning QB....

Then what is AR struggles in his come back....

Do we as a fan base start calling for Zach over AR....

I know, don't badger me... I get it, impossible.... Buuutttt...

With this defense, solid ST, and great RBs.....

Not that is would happen...

Could you imagine the whole offseason discussion on whether you start Zach or AR... Man, every news outlet would love it...

Storybook all over it. Flight Delay or some sh*t. Remember the 2023 Jets

- Just a thought

* That would be a happy summer *

Can we just see if ZW can stay upright in Dallas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hackett is putting together a game plan featuring lots of screens, side throws, dump off options, etc. Zach just needs to be obedient. He's always good for a pick. Last week, he did not melt down and make matters worse after the pick. He's going to have a lot more coaching and engagement on the sideline to keep him in check than he ever did with MLF (a glorified film analyst). 

Meaning, he's going to have okay pass percentage number. He's also going to get mauled a bit by that defense, given Dallas' good defense and our issues on the o line. I think our running game will be okay. Our D will keep us in it. Might come down to special teams. 

Zach: 16-25, 170 yards, 0 td passing, 1 td rushing, 3 sacks, 1 interception 

Prediction: Jets 13 - Dallas 17

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

FWIW, after week 1, Zach Wilson is pretty much league average in almost every stat except for attempts and yards.  But his Y/A at 6.7 is actually 12th.  And this was against one of the better defenses in the NFL, coming in cold without the reps with the starters everyone else had.

Does it mean much?  Not to many.  But it puts him exactly where many people hope to see him.  At or slightly above league average where the rest of the team can do their thing to win games.

I don't even expect to see that this week against DAL.  I think his number will take a hit.  To me, the real test is whether he can reverse his ridiculous jinx against NE in week 3.  Unfortunately, he is going up against 3 very good defenses in a row, but he needs to show up against NE and hopefully win that game.  If he does, not just by riding the teams' coat tails, but actually making plays, then many of the takes on this board are going to need a few turns of the wrench.  

Yes. 

Zach's performance is being underrated here.  Not that it was good, it wasn't.  But it's being sh*t on.

Look, what we got from Zach last week is about all we're going to get - and all we should be expecting.  

Truthfully, at this point, he's simply not capable of giving much more without making too many mistakes.

He should be able to quickly get the ball out to and take short throws - put the ball in playmakers hands.  If it's not there, throw it away.  Honestly, they should be beating it in to him - "don't worry about punting" - I don't care what the score is.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There were really no "what coulda been" with Sanchez.  Despite those first 2 playoff runs, he simply wasn't very good.  

Yet he was good enough to go to 2 straight AFCCGs.  I don't think he got worse the next year as much as they raised the bar for him and he couldn't handle it.

Maybe that's semantics, but I'll always wish they continued to build around Sanchez instead of assume he'd be fine without it . . .

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OCCH23 said:

Yet he was good enough to go to 2 straight AFCCGs.  I don't think he got worse the next year as much as they raised the bar for him and he couldn't handle it.

Maybe that's semantics, but I'll always wish they continued to build around Sanchez instead of assume he'd be fine without it . . .

Good to have you back on the forum, SAR!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, doitny said:

not sarcasm. 

im saying Buffalo wasnt expecting to face Zach. your going to have a much different gameplan from defending HOF QB to the worst QB.

i would expect more blitzing of Wilson to see if they can rattle him over Rodgers who know how to read a defense fast and get rid of it.

2nd half Zach played well against a good defense.  He had crappy pass protection and continues to make plays in key 3rd downs. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/14/2023 at 3:55 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Another Zach thread.  Sheesh.

 

over it dead horse GIF

Yeah... These are guys are in mid-season form.

Zach comes in with no notice. Pilots the team to a victory in the very first game of the season. And these guys are dumping on him like its November 2022. That doesn't say much for the loyalty of the NY Jet Fan Base

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Wilson throws deep on the first two drives (at least 2 throws that go beyond 30 yards after 2 drives), I will predict:

20-29, 310 Yards, 2 TD

If the coaches are playing it safe, and decide to go with screens and short passes:

15-26, 150 Yards, 1 TD

I think the whole offense rests on the Jets' ability to move the safeties back.  If they can't, it'll be the usual punt show. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WestCoastMole said:

Yeah... These are guys are in mid-season form.

Zach comes in with no notice. Pilots the team to a victory in the very first game of the season. And these guys are dumping on him like its November 2022. That doesn't say much for the loyalty of the NY Jet Fan Base

You've got that right my man.  I'm well known to be ride or die with Zach in these parts.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

Why?  Do you think that effects the outcome on the field or something?

Something HAS already "gone awry", we lost a HOF QB we paid alot for, and now we're playing the worst QB in the NFL in 2021 and 2022.

Faith is for church, not winning Super Bowls.

If his numbers aren't good, and we still win, then "he" most likely didn't "get us the W", the running game and defense likely did.

i.e. most of our wins last season as exhibit A.

I appreciate fanaticism and logic don't always go hand in hand, but come on......

Same sh*t different day with you.  You are the greatest attention troll the world over.  A true legend in his own mind.  Sadly, your greatest talent is missing the point.  Get a new Shtick, it's way overplayed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Same sh*t different day with you.  You are the greatest attention troll the world over.  A true legend in his own mind.  Sadly, your greatest talent is missing the point.  Get a new Shtick, it's way overplayed.

Don’t crown him yet without considering my credentials 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, doitny said:

not sarcasm. 

im saying Buffalo wasnt expecting to face Zach. your going to have a much different gameplan from defending HOF QB to the worst QB.

i would expect more blitzing of Wilson to see if they can rattle him over Rodgers who know how to read a defense fast and get rid of it.

Why would they blitz?  Zach isn't going to beat them with his arm.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...