TNF crew discussing a Jets trade for Kirk Cousins

jetstream23

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The post game crew including Richard Sherman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc. just mentioned the idea of the Jets trading for Kirk cousins now that Minnesota is 0–2. They made it sound like this has been a topic of conversation or discussed somewhere earlier. I hadn’t heard this. Would there be any reason to do this?

I’m watching Inside The NFL which aired Tuesday and one of the analysts (former players not insiders) mentioned trading for Cousins. I’d be stunned and don’t buy it but maybe there’s some smoke there. I’d be for it. 

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The post game crew including Richard Sherman, Ryan Fitzpatrick, etc. just mentioned the idea of the Jets trading for Kirk cousins now that Minnesota is 0–2. They made it sound like this has been a topic of conversation or discussed somewhere earlier. I hadn’t heard this. Would there be any reason to do this?

Not for the Vikings. Sure fire way to lose the team morale.

Be great for us, cause eagles ain't scoring those points against us.

But I very much doubt we could afford it or they would be willing to do it.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

MIN was a playoff team last year. They aren't dumping their QB after two games to throw away the season. They were a TD away from beating one of the best teams in the league. 

The conjecture was that if Vikings went 0-3 or 0-4, an unlikely scenario, would that be a situation where New York could push a trade for Cousins. 

1 minute ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

The conjecture was that if Vikings went 0-3 or 0-4, an unlikely scenario, would that be a situation where New York could push a trade for Cousins. 

Sweet.  and the Jets pay him at least 7 million a game before his season ending injury.  It’s not smart and the Jets saw it on film.  

29 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

MIN was a playoff team last year. They aren't dumping their QB after two games to throw away the season. They were a TD away from beating one of the best teams in the league. 

If they lose 4 more and start 0-6, Cousins is on the last year of his deal. 

Crazier things have happened.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

They are looking for a guy to replace Boyle on the PS

IMG_7287.jpeg

They need to do better than that. I want Boyle back on the practice squad and a better option behind Zach going forward after the Cowboys game. If Zach should falter they don't have to hand the keys to Tim Smoke A Bole. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Hal said:

I’ll help everyone- the Jets can’t pass protect.  

They will try to win with Zach and rebuild the line.  

They are not going to get another expensive old QB as cannon fodder this season.  

Kirk was sacked 46 times last season, second most in the NFL.  Wouldn’t be anything new for him.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Cousins will never win a SB so why would we want him?  Most overpaid QB not named Bradford. 

Will Zach?

30 minutes ago, Hal said:

I’ll help everyone- the Jets can’t pass protect.  

They will try to win with Zach and rebuild the line.  

They are not going to get another expensive old QB as cannon fodder this season.  

This is why you need to be captain.

19 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

And if I had 3 more inches I wouldn't be a lawyer.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Kirk was sacked 46 times last season, second most in the NFL.  Wouldn’t be anything new for him.

In that Netflix show he was beat down so early in the year.   I only watched a couple of episodes but I suspect that’s why he falls off by playoff time.  And with this OLine it would be much worse.  They can’t block for a QB.  Still.   After 3 years.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Hal said:

In that Netflix show he was beat down so early in the year.   I only watched a couple of episodes but I suspect that’s why he falls off by playoff time.  And with this OLine it would be much worse.  They can’t block for a QB.  Still.   After 3 years.  

I wish the Jets had a QB that fell off by playoff time rather than gargling moose knuckle for the duration.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rex-n-effect said:

Now they look like they will be 2-6 by nfl trade deadline. They would dump him then. They can’t tag him anymore. They can get a draft pick and still sign him in offseason if they want. Win win 

5 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

They might be willing to trade him at that point, but I think they'd have to eat a huge cap hit. Which knocks down the likelihood significantly. 

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

They need to do better than that. I want Boyle back on the practice squad and a better option behind Zach going forward after the Cowboys game. If Zach should falter they don't have to hand the keys to Tim Smoke A Bole. 

I agree but they have said Zach and Boyle are their guys.