1997 NY Jets Back to the Future

Bronx

I just looked up that draft and completely forgot that we moved down from 1st overall.  What would a team get today, dropping from 1st overall to 6th overall?  A 2nd and a 1st next year?  Usually, at minimum, right?

We got a 3rd, 4th, and 7th.....

Orlando Pace, 7x Pro Bowler ended up being picked 1st overall.  I doubt he would have helped us much...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I just looked up that draft and completely forgot that we moved down from 1st overall.  What would a team get today, dropping from 1st overall to 6th overall?  A 2nd and a 1st next year?  Usually, at minimum, right?

Orlando Pace, 7x Pro Bowler ended up being picked 1st overall.  I doubt he would have helped us much...

#6 was Walter Jones. Also hof left tackle.

We traded down again from 6 to 8.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, bonkertons said:

That was pre-rookie wage scale. Teams were reluctant to trade for the first pick because of the huge salary it took to sign them.

• Upvote 3

In the opener against Seattle they were shutting them out 24-0 or something at halftime. They interviewed parcells coming out of the locker room for the second half and asked if he was gonna run the ball and kill the clock? “No, we will continue to attack, no lead is safe” huge smile on my face 

• Upvote 2