Changes that should be made ahead of week 3 (add yours)

26 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

1. Becton replaces Brown at LT

2. AVT to RT

3. Tippmann replaces Tomlinson at LG

4. Schweitzer to RG (his best natural position)

5. Ruckert TE #1

6. Dalvin Cook to bench

7. Zach gets the start against NE before deciding which QB to bring in.  Trade should be on the table if he sh*ts the bed (which unfortunately is highly likely)

8. CJ Mosley to bench on third downs

9. Jets start to use Sauce more in man to take the opposing team's best receiver out of the game

I never want to see Brown or Tomlinson start another game for the Jets.  

I want them to optimize Sauce's talent more.

If Wilson sh*ts the bed against BB, I never want to see him start another game for the Jets.   Interceptions 1 & 3 today were inexcusable.  

On Offense, we need to start players who seem to give a crap.  Ruckert tops the list.  Bawden might be another.

Today was not close to being good enough.  More games like this and the GM and Coaching staff should be on the hot seat.

I actually agree with all that. Yeah he had 3 picks but he was just pressing to make plays. There was a LOT of good. However I am really only giving him one more game. He needs to play well next week to keep his job. Another bad loss to NE and you have to go a different direction. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

2. AVT to RT

5. Ruckert TE #1

6. Dalvin Cook to bench

7. Zach gets the start against NE before deciding which QB to bring in.  Trade should be on the table if he sh*ts the bed (which unfortunately is highly likely)

9. Jets start to use Sauce more in man to take the opposing team's best receiver out of the game

If Wilson sh*ts the bed against BB, I never want to see him start another game for the Jets.   Interceptions 1 & 3 today were inexcusable.  

On Offense, we need to start players who seem to give a crap.  Ruckert tops the list.  Bawden might be another.

Today was not close to being good enough.  More games like this and the GM and Coaching staff should be on the hot seat.

Agree with all of this. 

The OL needs a major do-over. This isn't just "Oh, start of the season" crap, Brown and Tomlinson suck. At this point it isn't even a risk to switch them around and replace because they almost can't get worse. They are currently the weak link in this team, which is really sad because Zach Wilson is the starting QB.

Zach Wilson isn't going to get the Jets to the playoffs, even with a better OL. I'm sorry I can't keep throwing excuses at him. He needs to take strides, not baby steps if he is going to succeed this season. I know that this game he wasn't one of the worst parts of the team or even one of the biggest problems, but the fact that we have to say "oh, he wasn't the reason we lost this time" and crap like that says a lot.

Defense needs to make some sort of change now that they've been exposed by not even an elite offense. Blitz more, put Sauce in man, do something different so that teams will have a hard time. This is why Rex's defense eventually started losing. Because teams figured it out. The Jets cannot afford to be predictable.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Without a legitimate QB, nothing else matters.  The Jets braintrust needs to figure out a way to get a veteran QB who will manage the game and not sink the season which is exactly what Wilson will do if he's trotted out there the rest of the way.  He is hot garbage and the Jets need to admit he was a mistake and bite the bullet and move on from him ASAP. 

14 minutes ago, Jolot said:

I don’t think you can play ZW against Belichick, I’m not trying to be funny , I would start Boyle 

It's probably the worst coach in the league for him to be going up against next week.  And this is ZW's first home game as a starter. It could get ugly.  This is going to be a major test.  Though I predict we'll probably run the ball a lot.  I think T0m said all 5 of New England's OL starters are hurt.  They're probably going to struggle as much as we are.  We might get a repeat of that game from last year where they won on the punt return.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

2. AVT to RT

5. Ruckert TE #1

6. Dalvin Cook to bench

This is all actually good 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Design plays to GW. Not just run a route and hope he wins and hope Zach sees it. Design plays to him

It’s not going to be easy. Since jets hardly throw, when they do they know who jets are trying to throw to. Would have been nice to have E Moore or someone similar to keep D honest, instead of focusing all on G Wilson.

1 hour ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

2. AVT to RT

5. Ruckert TE #1

6. Dalvin Cook to bench

Defense didn't show up and they were afraid to let Zac play. Agree with your post except give Zac a real chance. Even Rogers would have gotten killed!

14 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It’s not going to be easy. Since jets hardly throw, when they do they know who jets are trying to throw to. Would have been nice to have E Moore or someone similar to keep D honest, instead of focusing all on G Wilson.

No thank you to Moore. Don’t want players here who don’t what to be here.

Any offense that’s one dimensional is easy to stop. At some point they have to let Zach throw. And not just when we’re down to play hero ball where mistakes happen more frequently. 

No thank you to Moore. Don’t want players here who don’t what to be here.

Any offense that’s one dimensional is easy to stop. At some point they have to let Zach throw. And not just when we’re down to play hero ball where mistakes happen more frequently. 

If Sauce gets that pick 6. None of those horrible 2 penalty’s happen and were up 14 -10 instead of being down 18-7 different game altogether then were playing with a lead and do some play action and running the ball instead were playing catch-up forced to be 1 dimensional… we are not built like that with Zack back there

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3