Robert Saleh Postgame Press Conference (9/17) | New York Jets at Dallas Cowboys

TuscanyTile2

17 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

Just say: I was outcoached, I didn't prepare enough to win 

I do NOT like Saleh…. But he wasn’t really out-coached today. We were beat by a more talented team.  Maybe we weren’t prepared. That is on the table.  But our Oline was bad and our D was MIA a few times but game could have been worse. 

1 minute ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Dallas' offense is far better than average and our defense is fairly good, not elite.

Zach is the QB on an offense that scored 10 points.  He is a story line.  The defense couldn't get off the field but the offense couldn't stay on the field and continued to turn the ball over.

Sorry that’s just a Zach hater response. By no means was Zach good. But our defense was garbage today. And that’s why we lost. 

• Thumb Down 1

I dont know about you but I'm getting sick and tired of Saleh making excuses for Wilson. Wilson has proven time and time again that he's not capable to reading defenses and making the simple plays consistently, and if his psyche is so fragile that the HC and GM are afraid to critique him and demand more, then why the **** is he the QB in the first place?  A good QB makes players around him better.  It doesn't mater what team they play or how good the defense is . They somehow find a way to keep it moving and score points.  Zack WIlson is not a starting NFL QB.  The Jets better smarten up and get a vet in here asap. They cannot afford to blow another season on a QB who cannot deliver.  

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I do NOT like Saleh…. But he wasn’t really out-coached today. We were beat by a more talented team.  Maybe we weren’t prepared. That is on the table.  But our Oline was bad and our D was MIA a few times but game could have been worse. 

There's a difference between being unprepared and outcoached?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I said trading for Rodgers would cost douglas and saleh their jobs.  Ive hoped everyday since then id be wrong about that.

Well, we are halfway there 4 snaps into the season.

If anything goes sideways next year, these guys are toast.  There is no room for error anymore.

You’re naive if you think they had any say in the matter. Rodgers was an edict from the dumb **** that owns the team. 

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised over the outcome of today.  Dallas is a great team.  We lost Rodgers for the season and Zach Wilson is again our starting QB.  Our defense, like last year, is known to lay eggs - despite the ridiculous offseason hype.  Tomlinson is awful, Brown seems to have regressed vastly from last year and McGovern is McGovern.

This team isn't going anywhere this season, specifically with Zach at QB.  The defense will keep them in games - this game just wasn't one of them.  But the offense will struggle all season.

It's week 2 and Sauce has already deactivated his Twitter account and Breece is complaining about his snap count on Twitter.  Buckle up, because the hype has gotten to many people's heads and it won't end pretty.  A few more weeks of Zach struggling and another mutiny will occur.

The best therapy as a Jet fan is to use cannabis or mushrooms. This team drains the energy from your body and multiplies your stress. It has being, probably the worst emotional investment of my lifetime. 3.5 decades of blunders and ineptness from these bozos. This team doesn't deserve our valuable time. useless pieces of sh*t. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They ran into a buzzsaw and everybody got their asses kicked. Go beat New England, wait out Zach until the BYE and do what you can to find a capable fill in.

Good way of putting it. Patriots are the test right now. They are losing now, if you can't help the Pats get to 0 and 3, then the problems are real.

Dallas is firing on all cylinders right now. My only concern if I was them is that they could be peaking too early. So damn impressive.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The offensive game plan was tragic 

There are so many head scratchers on offense, why didn't Breece get more touches? Ruckert was barely on the field? But ultimately they are going to be limited in what they could do today.

My concerns are more on the defensive side of the ball. Dak picked the zone apart. The pass rush didn't get it done. Lawson is so low on the depth chart, why did they even redo his deal instead of cutting him.

Have to rebound against the Pats.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Good way of putting it. Patriots are the test right now. They are losing now, if you can't help the Pats get to 0 and 3, then the problems are real.

Dallas is firing on all cylinders right now. My only concern if I was them is that they could be peaking too early. So damn impressive.

Yep. The Cowboys are trying to win a Super Bowl in September, and their front seven is healthy and stacked. Best not to panic too much over this one. That said, Saleh better do everything he can to avoid finishing behind the Pats in the division. You can’t beat the Bills in week one and then try to fall back on the excuse that the roster isn’t good enough to avoid the basement. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There are so many head scratchers on offense, why didn't Breece get more touches? Ruckert was barely on the field? But ultimately they are going to be limited in what they could do today.

My concerns are more on the defensive side of the ball. Dak picked the zone apart. The pass rush didn't get it done. Lawson is so low on the depth chart, why did they even redo his deal instead of cutting him.

Have to rebound against the Pats.

Today, the red flags officially went up on the douglas and saleh era.  It was as poor of a performance on both sides of the ball and coaching ive seen in a long time.  It was a kotite level disaster.

Its officially open season on douglas and saleh.  

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Sorry that’s just a Zach hater response. By no means was Zach good. But our defense was garbage today. And that’s why we lost. 

If you handicap it by saying “we all know the offense sucks and Zach Wilson is atrocious but our defense is supposed to be good and we’ll need to win 16-13” then it’s fair to say the defense was worse relative to expectations.

If you’re just looking at both units and saying “who was worse” it’s not even close. The offense is an embarrassment.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yep. The Cowboys are trying to win a Super Bowl in September, and their front seven is healthy and stacked. Best not to panic too much over this one. That said, Saleh better do everything he can to avoid finishing behind the Pats in the division. You can’t beat the Bills in week one and then try to fall back on the excuse that the roster isn’t good enough to avoid the basement. 

The offense did them no favors by going 3 and out and/or giving the ball away.

But the defense had no juice whatsoever.

I mean did they think they were just gonna step on the field and Dallas was gonna lay down?

Hey Bobby, throw this on your story wall, bub.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Today, the red flags officially went up on the douglas and saleh era.  It was as poor of a performance on both sides of the ball and coaching ive seen in a long time.  It was a kotite level disaster.

Its not a disease when you do it?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The Jets decided to go for flash over substance when they hired Saleh over Arthur Smith.

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:
How many points would the D have allowed today if it had played well?
More or less than 10?

I believe the main point is that if the D showed up they would have given the offense many more snaps and opportunities.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by Dunnie