Jump to content

Robert Saleh Postgame Press Conference (9/17) | New York Jets at Dallas Cowboys


TuscanyTile2

Recommended Posts

Eh. It was a one score game at the half and they held the Cowboys to four fielf goals in the second half even with all the turnovers Zach and Cook was served up. Dak nickel and dimed them all night, which is usually survivable unless you lose the time of possession 43 minutes to 17, like we did
Dak was some like 32 of 38 .. anyone got the official tally ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I get it……. Like I said, NOT a Saleh fan.  But we dont have the talent to compete at that level.  He didn’t IMO commit on the field blunders as I have seen him do. But yes.. we appeared unprepared. 

I simply disagree with you. By dying for sticking with subpar players just because they are veterans instead of going for the, at least, more physically able, better younger players, Saleh shows that he is not preparing his team to its full potential to win. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I simply disagree with you. By dying for sticking with subpar players just because they are veterans instead of going for the, at least, more physically able, better younger players, Saleh shows that he is not preparing his team to its full potential to win. 

Lawson is like 5th string. Tony Adams skyrocketed up the depth chart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Defense was on the field too much. That’s partially on the D, but also on the offense for not extending drives.

Morestead shouldn’t be one of our most active players.

Early in the game down 7 the Jets effectively flipped field position and had Dallas pinned. Two consecutive Off penalties and they were inside the 5. Next play on first down was Lamb's 30+ yard post route. Cowboys immediately took back field position and marched right down the field. The offense did nothing outside of Garrett Wilson but the defense had some brutal drives where they just got bullied. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's one game. We just got outcoached and outplayed. I am not a Saleh fan. 

Saleh is great at certain elements of being a head coach. Few HCs keep the team together and win last week.

This week required precision in game planning, game calling and in game adjustments and all were very poor.

We really need to reign things in on defense. Even Sauce is hurting us. He is out position a lot because he wants to still make plays even when the play seems to be away from him.

On offense just expecting the offense to execute better is not a game plan. If Zach is still playing build the offense around him and his strengths. Zach should never be in 5 wide. It's a veteran QB personnel because they can diagnose so fast.

NE is sort of our kryptonite. If we can win that game I think we can break through

Losing to Dallas a NFC team on the road in the end is a fairly meaningless loss in the scheme of making the playoffs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. It was a one score game at the half and they held the Cowboys to four field goals in the second half even with the turnovers Zach and Cook served up. Dak nickel and dimed them all night, which is usually survivable unless you lose the time of possession 43 minutes to 17, like we did

Like I said, the offense didn’t do them any favors either by failing to sustain drives.

But D was 1 or 2 steps behind all day.

They didn’t have the same energy or intensity as on MNF.  Not even close.

Kept getting killed on 3rd down.

Couldn’t get off the field.

1 sack and minimal pressure on Dak all day despite a vaunted pass rush.

Gashed for chunk gains by Pollard with even Deuce Vaughn getting some.

Dak had the most efficient 1st half of his career today.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

It's one game. We just got outcoached and outplayed. I am not a Saleh fan. 

Saleh is great at certain elements of being a head coach. Few HCs keep the team together and win last week.

This week required precision in game planning, game calling and in game adjustments and all were very poor.

We really need to reign things in on defense. Even Sauce is hurting us. He is out position a lot because he wants to still make plays even when the play seems to be away from him.

On offense just expecting the offense to execute better is not a game plan. If Zach is still playing build the offense around him and his strengths. Zach should never be in 5 wide. It's a veteran QB personnel because they can diagnose so fast.

NE is sort of our kryptonite. If we can win that game I think we can break through

Losing to Dallas a NFC team on the road in the end is a fairly meaningless loss in the scheme of making the playoffs.

Every offense should be based on talent you have pretty much. We should be a ground and pound team. Not sure why we are not. Rodgers is not here anymore. They need to understand that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With the really good head coaches, you feel like the team almost is an extension of the coach's philosophy. With Saleh, it feels like he's a passive observer to what his team is doing and doesn't exert his will on the team and its on-field personality. Like, you would hope a head coach would tell the OC to run to the right more, or give Breece Hall more touches. Not this guy. He's oblivious to stuff like and sees his job as just being a sideline cheerleader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vader said:

Early in the game down 7 the Jets effectively flipped field position and had Dallas pinned. Two consecutive Off penalties and they were inside the 5. Next play on first down was Lamb's 30+ yard post route. Cowboys immediately took back field position and marched right down the field. The offense did nothing outside of Garrett Wilson but the defense had some brutal drives where they just got bullied. 

Yea, exactly. Both things can be a problem at the sane time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No.  You are allowed to change your perspective based on what you are seeing.  And what we saw today was pure sh!t from top to bottom.

Ah. Got it. Its only correct if one does it at the precise time you do it. Not a day earlier or later. Just when El Capitan does it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Look I thought the team should emphasize the passing game at the start because Dallas was probably going to be keying on the running game. And if things worked it would open up lanes etc. The Jets first play was a running play that didn't work about a minus 3. But after that only 4 carries for Breece and only 4 for Cook (he fumbled one of them) and I think 2 for Carter. What kind of a game plan is that? We were so obviously outcoached yesterday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...