Jump to content

Zach Wilson's Passing Metrics After 2 Games (2023)


Warfish

Recommended Posts

People who also have alot to answer for on Offense:

-Brown (horrible)

-Lazard (non-entity)

-Hardman (was he even dressed?)

-Cook (horrible, and that fumble)

But most of all, JD, who built this pile of (so far) poop.  Rodgers was his big risk, and it failed.  He other moves so far look like failures.  Zach as backup, fail, the new WR's, fail, Cook, OMG fail so far.  

This was/is JD's decision year, contract wise:  He gets extended, he goes into 2024 as a very hot seat lame duck, or he gets fired.  

So far, it's looking like fired.

P.S. I saw plays where both AVT and Becton whiffed completely in pass blocking.  I'll be shocked if either gets a good rating for yesterday.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

People who also have alot to answer for on Offense:

-Brown (horrible)

-Lazard (non-entity)

-Hardman (was he even dressed?)

-Cook (horrible, and that fumble)

But most of all, JD, who built this pile of (so far) poop.  Rodgers was his big risk, and it failed.  He other moves so far look like failures.  Zach as backup, fail, the new WR's, fail, Cook, OMG fail so far.  

This was/is JD's decision year, contract wise:  He gets extended, he goes into 2024 as a very hot seat lame duck, or he gets fired.  

So far, it's looking like fired.

People are going to downvote you, but aside from last year's great draft and the AVT selection, Douglas's record IMO is not looking so hot right now. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

I read something last week that I didnt know and not that it should come as a surprise but Zach Wilson is the first starter in the era of the QBR to have the lowest rating in back to back seasons in the NFL.  No QB has ever done that since it was introduced to the league, which gives credence him arguably being the biggest bust in NFL history.

That takes a special of terribleness from not only the individual player, but from the team to even give such an opportunity. I'd be willing to wager a significant number of those players never even got that second season. Meanwhile, Zach is ready to make it three in a row!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Micah Parsons is about as bad a match for Duane Brown as exists.  The dude has barely practiced and was already going to have trouble with that kind of speed. I think that they needed to chip and run at him, but it was not going to be easy.  I know everybody is so upset, but the teams they played were 25-8 last year and each won a playoff game.  Dallas has not lost a home game since week 1 of 2022, though I guess they have not lost at the Meadowlands since the 2020 season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did the team do anything to help him?  Did our CS give him any help at all by giving him extra protection with TEs?!  Did our defense help him by allowing Dallas to go right down the field and score a TD to make it 7-0 Dallas by the time ZW first stepped on the field?!  Look who had the most rushes on the team yesterday (despite this being a 1 score game in the 3rd quarter).  Heck, even Breece and GW dropped passes (a total of 3) and Allan Lazard couldn't keep his feet in on an excellent pass by Zach. 

image.png.cfa9a4162649297f98df97b719413316.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Did the team do anything to help him?  Did our CS give him any help at all by giving him extra protection with TEs?!  Did our defense help him by allowing Dallas to go right down the field and score a TD to make it 7-0 Dallas by the time ZW first stepped on the field?!  Look who had the most rushes on the team yesterday (despite this being a 1 score game in the 3rd quarter).  Heck, even Breece and GW dropped passes (a total of 3) and Allan Lazard couldn't keep his feet in on an excellent pass by Zach. 

image.png.cfa9a4162649297f98df97b719413316.png

 

Tuscany posting his 543'rd "It's everyone's fault but Zach, Zach played great" post since 7 pm last night, lol.

Someone's trying to hard to be SAR I.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warfish said:

Tuscany posting his 543'rd "It's everyone's fault but Zach, Zach played great" post since 7 pm last night, lol.

Someone's trying to hard to be SAR I.

There are probably 1,543 posts criticizing the way he played.  I never said ZW played great.  I've repeatedly said, however, that he was NOT the problem in yesterday's loss.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

-Is the 31st rated passer in the NFL at 53.3, with only Bryce Young (who has only played one game) behind him. 

-Is 31st in the NFL in completion percentage (54.2%).  Again, Young is the only passer behind him at 52.6%.

-Is 32nd in the NFL (i.e. Leads the NFL) in Interceptions (4) and interception percentage (8.3%).  His % is 2+ full percentage points higher than the 2nd worst guy (Garrapolo at 6%).

-Is tied for 14th in the NFL in TD Passes (2).

-Is 28th in passing yards per game (155.0).  The only other player with 2 games played behind him is (perhaps amazingly), Joe Burrow at 152.0.

You can dig into the stats yourself as desired here:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/passing.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If New England goes as New England has gone for Zach previously, can JD (and Saleh) stand pat and do nothing and just keep starting Zach? 

Or will they be forced to make a trade or sign the best "name" QB they can find?

Will the team hold together if we're looking at a third consecutive season of worst-in-NFL QB production?  It's hard to see a Mike White-type uprising for....Boyle.

Can Zach Wilson actually improve his production levels, or is this it?  Most QB's who have produced to this level would already have permanently lost their starting job with their drafting team.  Zach is in a unique spot where the team that drafted him is continuing to start him despite his consistently league-worst production.  Obviously the Rodgers massively failed experiment plays a part in that reality as well.

The concern with continuing to trot Zach out there when anyone with eyes can see he is NOT an NFL QB, is for guys like Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall.  Those guys will be the cornerstones of our team for a decade, and will be the biggest contributors on offense if we ever win a Super Bowl.  Can't blame these guys for seeing their 2nd contract dollars evaporate because they can't put up stats and make plays with Zach Wilson

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Logical fallacy.  Your post implies there was only ONE problem yesterday.  That's false, there were several problems.

Zach Wilson was one of them.  So was the Defense.  So was Cook.  So was Brown.  Cook, Brown and the D playing poorly does not make Zach innocent of his role in our pathetic offensive performance.   Unlike you, I'm not trolling, I can be honest and see that we had several faults, including Zach. 

Nor does you spamming "it's everyone's fault but Zach" like a wanna-be SAR I.

No it doesn't.  Everyone else is saying he was the reason we lost.  I've repeatedly said that the defense, OL, and coaching were, by far, the biggest factors why we lost.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No it doesn't.  Everyone else is saying he was the reason we lost.  I've repeatedly said that the defense, OL, and coaching were, by far, the biggest factors why we lost.

That's a total strawman.

Literally no one has said the game was exclusively Wilson's fault. It was a bad game from top to bottom. That still however does not change that it very much includes Zach, who looks like the same deer-in-headlights for his third consecutive year. The argument that he showed improvement is baseless and is what people won't accept.

Zach has been terrible for his entire career, and those who still refuse to accept that are essentially claiming if everyone else on the team isn't absolutely perfect, then Zach is off the hook. It's not like he's playing the most important position in pro sports or anything, right?

  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

-Is the 31st rated passer in the NFL at 53.3, with only Bryce Young (who has only played one game) behind him. 

-Is 31st in the NFL in completion percentage (54.2%).  Again, Young is the only passer behind him at 52.6%.

-Is 32nd in the NFL (i.e. Leads the NFL) in Interceptions (4) and interception percentage (8.3%).  His % is 2+ full percentage points higher than the 2nd worst guy (Garrapolo at 6%).

-Is tied for 14th in the NFL in TD Passes (2).

-Is 28th in passing yards per game (155.0).  The only other player with 2 games played behind him is (perhaps amazingly), Joe Burrow at 152.0.

You can dig into the stats yourself as desired here:  https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2023/passing.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If New England goes as New England has gone for Zach previously, can JD (and Saleh) stand pat and do nothing and just keep starting Zach? 

Or will they be forced to make a trade or sign the best "name" QB they can find?

Will the team hold together if we're looking at a third consecutive season of worst-in-NFL QB production?  It's hard to see a Mike White-type uprising for....Boyle.

Can Zach Wilson actually improve his production levels, or is this it?  Most QB's who have produced to this level would already have permanently lost their starting job with their drafting team.  Zach is in a unique spot where the team that drafted him is continuing to start him despite his consistently league-worst production.  Obviously the Rodgers massively failed experiment plays a part in that reality as well.

Pretty much this is it. His numbers will only get worse, but you know he's our guy !!!!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

People who also have alot to answer for on Offense:

-Brown (horrible)

-Lazard (non-entity)

-Hardman (was he even dressed?)

-Cook (horrible, and that fumble)

But most of all, JD, who built this pile of (so far) poop.  Rodgers was his big risk, and it failed.  He other moves so far look like failures.  Zach as backup, fail, the new WR's, fail, Cook, OMG fail so far.  

This was/is JD's decision year, contract wise:  He gets extended, he goes into 2024 as a very hot seat lame duck, or he gets fired.  

So far, it's looking like fired.

P.S. I saw plays where both AVT and Becton whiffed completely in pass blocking.  I'll be shocked if either gets a good rating for yesterday.  

Don't forget to include laken tomlinson and Cobb lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...