Wife: "Aaron Rodgers Owes Me $250"

SoFlaJets

In reality we lost one game to a team that could end up being the best in the NFC - on the road, in their home opener....with our backup QB.  sh*t needs to be cleaned up for sure, but mother of GOD we need to pump the brakes around here a bit.  One loss...one game back of Miami.  If we lose again to the Pats on Sunday, THEN I'll get his with the "SOJ feels" I'm sure.  Until then, is it possible for the Jets to ever lose a game and NOT see this fanbase completely overreact?  It's exhausting.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bonkertons said:

In reality we lost one game to a team that could end up being the best in the NFC - on the road, in their home opener....with our backup QB.  sh*t needs to be cleaned up for sure, but mother of GOD we need to pump the brakes around here a bit.  One loss...one game back of Miami.  If we lose again to the Pats on Sunday, THEN I'll get his with the "SOJ feels" I'm sure.  Until then, is it possible for the Jets to ever lose a game and NOT see this fanbase completely overreact?  It's exhausting.  

We haven’t beat the pats in like 2000 tries and Bill has Zach’s number but :

Im Fine On Fire GIF by Travis

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

I waited till the last minute to buy Sunday Ticket this year.

I never did make arrangements to travel to a home game either.

I must have known, somewhere in my soul I must have known.

Sorta regret Sunday Ticket ($400!) now, looking at how this year likely plays out.

I'd have been better off watching local Commanders games, frankly.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Some teams just haven’t earned the benefit of the doubt. The Jets are one of these teams.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yesterday showed all of us exactly what this team is.  Rodgers went down and it took less then a week to revert right back to last years team.

We will win 6-7 games.

In 2024 we try again.

Well I’m not ready to give up on the season yet, but you are right it sure looked like same sh*t different year.

1 minute ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Well I’m not ready to give up on the season yet, but you are right it sure looked like same sh*t different year.

Acknowledging reality doesn’t = giving up. It’s about expectations and the willingness to lose sleep over it.

I’ll never give up, but it’s stupid at this point to think this gets much better. Defense looked like they gave up. 

I think “win it for Aaron” got them thru the Bills game, plus Allen played stupid. I think what we saw yesterday was identical to the D and body language from last year when Saleh resisted benching Zach.

If I d learned anything the past 10 years… This young generation isn’t going to hide it when they think it’s pointless to show up for work. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Acknowledging reality doesn’t = giving up. It’s about expectations and the willingness to lose sleep over it.

I’ll never give up, but it’s stupid at this point to think this gets much better. Defense looked like they gave up. 

I think “win it for Aaron” got them thru the Bills game, plus Allen played stupid. I think what we saw yesterday was identical to the D and body language from last year when Saleh resisted benching Zach.

If I d learned anything the past 10 years… This young generation isn’t going to hide it when they think it’s pointless to show up for work. 

Yup.  The sunshiners are saying, “You are overreacting to one game”.  Un, no, yesterdays performance is exactly what ive seen for the last 3 years now.

• Upvote 2

We lost our starting quarterback.  Most teams in this league would struggle in our scenario.  I make nothing about yesterdays loss against a superior Cowboy’s team other than I’m surprised the defense played so poorly.

We lose against NE next week and I think all hell breaks lose.  This team is going nowhere without Rodgers, yet the players and fans were somehow tricked to believe they could win with Zach.  A team with the league’s worst QB deserves no hype.

Start Tippmam next week.  Tomlinson is a problem.

6 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Where am I over reacting bonkertons? You telling me that this didn't feel like any one of those Jets teams between the last time we went to the playoffs until now? Those Jets defenses that could never stop a 3rd and long? Trotting out guys like Butt Fumble era of Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, Geno Smith, Matt Simms, Bryce Petty, Josh McCown, Luke Faulk, Sam Darnold, Trevor Siemian, Tim Boyle, Mike Effin' White, Josh Johnson, The Corpse of Joe Flacco, the great Chris Streveler,  ARod for 4 plays and Zach Wilson is there a worse stretch of crap QB play in the history of pro football?

37 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Oh geez.  3 years of these losses!!!!  One loss my ass.

4 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Where am I over reacting bonkertons? You telling me that this didn't feel like any one of those Jets teams between the last time we went to the playoffs until now? Those Jets defenses that could never stop a 3rd and long? Trotting out guys like Butt Fumble era of Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, Geno Smith, Matt Simms, Bryce Petty, Josh McCown, Luke Faulk, Sam Darnold, Trevor Siemian, Tim Boyle, Mike Effin' White, Josh Johnson, The Corpse of Joe Flacco, the great Chris Streveler,  ARod for 4 plays and Zach Wilson is there a worse stretch of crap QB play in the history of pro football?

Maybe we can bring back Pat Ryan......

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Yup.  The sunshiners are saying, “You are overreacting to one game”.  Un, no, yesterdays performance is exactly what ive seen for the last 3 years now.

The lost all faith crowd forgot the NFL is built on parity and Dallas didn't get the memo.  

All offseason friends, family, colleagues would say things like

"Hey you must be excited about your Jets huh?!" and I'd respond with

"Ahhh, we'll see..."

"What?! They got Rodgers now!!!"

"Ahhh we'll see..."

and I started getting texts and people coming up to me after Rodgers went down "Ohhh....I get it."

This was catastrophic of course but Vinny's injury, the fumbles in 98 Denver, and the meltdown in Pittsburgh in 2010 all felt worse because I actually believe we would have won each of those Super Bowls. I never thought we'd win it this year with a healthy Rodgers because I knew our OL was going to be trash and it was #8s first year here. But this is #4 on the pain list.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

and she asked me if I could get on that today please. Because let's face it guys, what we watched yesterday was

* The same old Jets who can't convert a first down 

* The same Jets team that couldn't get off the field on any 3rd downs, it didn't matter the distance.

* The same Jets D that turns mediocre QBs into superstars for a day, OK it usually is the back-ups who do it to us

* The same team who isn't ever able to capitalize on a big play-and drops a game changing pick 6

*The SOJ type team that after forcing a fumble that would have not only negated their 1st down we watched while the center who is the only white jersey within 10 yards of the play trips over his own fat feet and falls right on the ball with 5 green ones all around negating another .

* The same Jets team that can't get a roughing call for our QB but can have our defender thrown into the QB and get a 15 yard penalty and the same old never getting the calls from the refs until the game is out of reach and the yellow flags start flying so as to make the stats look even

* The same Jets team whose QB is unable to complete even 50% of his passes throw more than 1 TD pass in a game but CAN throws 3 picks.

* The same clown show car that somehow has managed to end up with the same starting QB situation that it spent tens of millions to avoid

* Yup, here we are AGAIN boys and girls watching the worst QB in the league starting for us AGAIN.  

* The Same Old Jets

I swear it's like we're reliving some twisted remake of the movie Groundhogs Day with us, the fans, playing the Bill Murray lead role .

From the Opening Day game of 1999 watching Vinny slamming his fists into that stupid turf they always play on. the exact same situation occur a generation later with Aaron Rodgers -a sure-fire playoff and possible Super Bowl team's starting QB go down to a season ending achilles injury this time before he even completes a pass. And Joe Douglas like Parcells before him didn't bother to do the one thing that could most easily wreck a football season: He didn't bother getting us a competent back-up QB.

The wifey is right, $250 is a lot of money to be wasting these days

Are you saying this because you spent $250 on a Rodgers jersey? Because that's your fault. I NEVER buy a Jersey until it is known we have a long term stud. Anyone who bought Rodgers jerseys took a gamble. He is likely to still play again for us but so many people bought his jersey before he even played a snap or even played well.

And if anyone owes you it's Woody Johnson and Joe Douglas for not installing a grass field and doing a piss poor job making an OL. 

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

oh don't worry

they will 

Saleh and JD are 100% safe as long as Aaron Rodgers continues to play. There is NO way Woody would think its a good idea to start a coaching refresh and rebuild which would undoubtable cause Aaron to either retire or request a trade. This is the bed that Woody made himself. If the Jets go 1-16 this year, Saleh and JD Should be fired, but won't be.

Just now, Jetsruby said:

Saleh and JD are 100% safe as long as Aaron Rodgers continues to play. There is NO way Woody would think its a good idea to start a coaching refresh and rebuild which would undoubtable cause Aaron to either retire or request a trade. This is the bed that Woody made himself. If the Jets go 1-16 this year, Saleh and JD Should be fired, but won't be.

it might take 2 years but everyone is getting fired

except for Brant Boyer

• Haha 1