This is how a coach loses a locker room

T0mShane

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The defense stunk yesterday, regardless of Wilson continuing to suck. 

Sauces effort alone and posting his stats on twitter and the staff excusing it could disrupt the locker room too. 

This is a complete clown car and quite frankly we all(including me) need to get our clown kit makeup out because we are truly fools for believing in these proven excuse making, gaslighting losers. 

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

This is a complete clown car and quite frankly we all(including me) need to get our clown kit makeup out because we are truly fools for believing in these proven excuse making, gaslighting losers. 

It’s game 2. The staff hopefully uses this as a learning tool. Hall and Sauce going to social was a bad look for the entire operation. I don’t know what the game plan was on defense, but perhaps they were celebrating week 1 a bit too long into the week.

If the plan is to just line up and play zone against the Pats they’ll churn out first downs and the clock too. The Jets aren’t getting Skylar Thompson and Mark Rypien this season like last year.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s game 2. The staff hopefully uses this as a learning tool. Hall and Sauce going to social was a bad look for the entire operation. I don’t know what the game plan was on defense, but perhaps they were celebrating week 1 a bit too long into the week.

If the plan is to just line up and play zone against the Pats they’ll churn out first downs and the clock too. The Jets aren’t getting Skylar Thompson and Mark Rypien this season like last year.

This is last season all over again 

No way an offensive minded HC allows JD to go into a prove it season with a O Line like this. We need to clean house including jettisoning Rodgers potentially. 

What’s the saying though? Fool me once…. You get it, this thing needs new minds steering the ship 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Say what you want about his receivers rallying around Zach Wilson after the game, but for Saleh to, again, blame the defense for losing to the Cowboys is the surest path to another locker room insurrection. This happened last year and it resulted in a mutiny after the Pats game. He’s doing Zach Wilson no favors here. Better beat the Pats, Bob.

IMG_4360.jpeg

Oh man, I thought you were going to say he re-handed out Aaron F'in Rodgers tee shirts, inducing Becton pour some fat free BBQ sauce on Saleh's left foot & eat it so Coach couldn't have any papers taking pictures of him running stairs anymore. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

my favorite Zach defense is that he's throwing interceptions in garbage time. "Hey It's just garbage time  - he was trying to force it."

how is that any kind of excuse? 

Garbage time is when NFL defenses all around the league hand out free touchdowns for fantasy and spread-covering purposes

it's never easier to score a point than during garbage time 

that's when you run 2 minute and pad stats 

When you're down 3 scores in the 4th quarter, you have to try to make something happen.  What don't you understand about this?

And it's not easy to score against that Dallas defense.  Did the Giants score at all last week against that defense?  And the Giants won a playoff game last year.

Like I told someone else, do you criticize a QB for throwing an INT on a Hail Mary at the end of the game?  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

When you're down 3 scores in the 4th quarter, you have to try to make something happen.  What don't you understand about this?

oh i understand the trying 

it's the failing i can't understand

it's garbage time. the worst QBs in the land look amazing in garbage time 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Down 17 with a whole quarter is not “garbage time” 

JFC. This guy might be a huge issue also.

For Zach it is not so much for Daniel Jones or Howell who were both down by more but somehow did not blow the game up and came back to win...........Cannot set the bar any lower unless it goes underground for the 3rd year QB.........

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Say what you want about his receivers rallying around Zach Wilson after the game, but for Saleh to, again, blame the defense for losing to the Cowboys is the surest path to another locker room insurrection. This happened last year and it resulted in a mutiny after the Pats game. He’s doing Zach Wilson no favors here. Better beat the Pats, Bob.

IMG_4360.jpeg

Tom, go listen to Rich Eisen's rant from today-he even mentions how Sauce went and deleted his Twitter (X) account Breece Hall deleted his critical of Hackett 4 footballs post too-and now Saleh at his PC says no we're not looking to add a QB-this is like focking Groundhogs day with every week giving us a different disastrous week of Jet fandom.

Week one transported us back to 1999 Opening day this week back to the 1st Jets Cowboys game when I was in High School and we got smoked 52-10 in a game that Weeb decided to take Joe out in the 1st quarter and let Bob Davis take the punishment-next week is coming and it sure feels exactly like last season to me

• Upvote 2

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

And if they continue to believe that and not at least try to get somebody in here to compete with ZW both Saleh and JD could lose their jobs and I would not shed a tear. 

Well if you want my honest opinion I’m sure the both of them wouldn’t have opposed moving on from Wilson but the powers that be above them were OK with him hiding as the backup and earning his rookie contract. As usual, this blew up in Woodys face. The extent of the partnership between Neeleman, JetBlue and Woody I don’t know, but it’s certainly there. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

oh i understand the trying 

it's the failing i can't understand

it's garbage time. the worst QBs in the land look amazing in garbage time 

You think it was "easy" to move the ball against that Dallas defense yesterday at the end of the game?  That's what you really believe?

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Well if you want my honest opinion I’m sure the both of them wouldn’t have opposed moving on from Wilson but the powers that be above them were OK with him hiding as the backup and earning his rookie contract. As usual, this blew up in Woodys face. The extent of the partnership between Neeleman, JetBlue and Woody I don’t know, but it’s certainly there. 

God forbid you mention that huge jet blue colored elephant in the room without being gaslighted and called a conspiracy theorist 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You think it was "easy" to move the ball against that Dallas defense yesterday at the end of the game?  That's what you really believe?

every defense is usually a bit gassed by the 4th Qtr and yes it should be easier to play vs them during garbage time than 1st quarter

of course the Dallas offense had 45 minutes of TOP so maybe that's skewed a bit. But let's not pretend like Dallas is the 86 Bears. 

Down 20 points in the 4th yes every defense loosens up. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

every defense is usually a bit gassed by the 4th Qtr and yes it should be easier to play vs them during garbage time than 1st quarter

of course the Dallas offense had 45 minutes of TOP so maybe that's skewed a bit. But let's not pretend like Dallas is the 86 Bears. 

Down 20 points in the 4th yes every defense loosens up. 

The Giants (who won a playoff game last year) were down 40 points in the 4th quarter against this same defense the week prior.  How many points did they score in GT?

The Giants trailed 40-0 with 11:31 left in the game

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401547409

image.png.78e39e721c385a6fcd2c4c969f6c133a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1